All purpose cricket thread (3 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

I wonder with Archer if they will do some work on his run up as he is getting a lot out of a very short run up.

1nilandwe...

They did a similar thing with Wood if I'm not mistaken. Lengthened his run up quite dramatically. It seems to have done him good, as it feels like he's had a good stretch without serious injury.

chiefdave

BCCI have requested changes to India tour schedule to allow the remainder of the IPL to be played. Which means there's a decent chance it will be played in England, the other option being the UAE.

chiefdave

What an innings from Conway. 200 on debut. That run out was pretty tight as well.

If Englands batsmen don't mess this up we could be in for a tight game here. Still lots of batting in the pitch.

D

Deleted member 11652

What an innings from Conway. 200 on debut. That run out was pretty tight as well.

If Englands batsmen don't mess this up we could be in for a tight game here. Still lots of batting in the pitch.

I think it’s all over. Had a chance psychologically if we kept them below 350. That last partnership will just kill us off

1nilandwe...

Or they could just get out for a duck 🤦‍♂️
Crawley far more culpable than Sibley yesterday. The ball that SIbley got would have got an awful lot of openers out. Not much he could have done about it. He's in need of some runs pretty soon though.

Agree that the last partnership has probably nudged NZ too far ahead. The England batting looks so inexperienced that any slight wobble could bring the whole deck down. Williamson, Taylor, Nicholls, Watling just looks so much more solid.

SBAndy

Crawley far more culpable than Sibley yesterday. The ball that SIbley got would have got an awful lot of openers out. Not much he could have done about it. He's in need of some runs pretty soon though.

Agree that the last partnership has probably nudged NZ too far ahead. The England batting looks so inexperienced that any slight wobble could bring the whole deck down. Williamson, Taylor, Nicholls, Watling just looks so much more solid.

Big fan of Sibley but he seems to be getting out cheaply quite a lot. Can’t say I’ve watched many of his more recent England innings’ but is it a technical flaw being found out at the highest level?

Sky Blue Pete

Big fan of Sibley but he seems to be getting out cheaply quite a lot. Can’t say I’ve watched many of his more recent England innings’ but is it a technical flaw being found out at the highest level?
Not enough cricket for this innings. He’s had one warm up match.

eastwoodsdustman

Personally I think Hameed should be opening. He has the technique (apart from playing with his hands a bit low).
Hopefully, he can keep his form. If he does he'll be opening for England for long time.

chiefdave

Looks like we could lose a whole day today. On the plus side weekend forecast is decent and with a day lost we should get 2 full days of play.

Terry Gibson's perm

The Bears have just bowled out Derby for not a lot, been watching on the stream as the England game is wet.

tisza

Burgess looks a very tidy acquisition for Warks with bat and gloves - not sure about Malan at all.

Terry Gibson's perm

Burgess looks a very tidy acquisition for Warks with bat and gloves - not sure about Malan at all.

I think Malan will be one of them that when he gets a few he will make a massive score.

We are also seeing the benefit of players like Miles and Norwell who both are a way off international cricket but will take county wickets and if fit will play most games.

SkyBlueSoul

First chance I’ve had to sit and watch the cricket and Root’s out first fucking ball

giphy.gif

tisza

Bit of inexperience showing in this middle order (Crawley, Pope & Lawrence only 23 and less than 20 tests each) - need to start learning a bit quicker. It's a long tail behind them

Grendel

Sibley is not a test player - doubt he will play again

Users who are viewing this thread