Albany Meeting ? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I didn’t go to Sixfields but it angered me that so many had a go at those that wanted to support their team. Is that wrong?

Totally agree. However, there were City fans on the hill abusing fellow fans. There were city fans at the turnstiles abusing fellow fans. The Trust itself were begging fans and away fans not to attend. It's good to have that attitude in theory, but there are always some pea-brains for whom it doesn't quite compute.

skybluetony176

Totally agree. However, there were City fans on the hill abusing fellow fans. There were city fans at the turnstiles abusing fellow fans. The Trust itself were begging fans and away fans not to attend. It's good to have that attitude in theory, but there are always some pea-brains for whom it doesn't quite compute.

The people on the hill got abused by those going in also and got verbal abuse online too. I know two wrongs don’t make a right but let’s not pretend that the abuse was all one way demonising one group of fans in the process.

olderskyblue

I blame SISU for everything and I’m crap at photoshop.

Where do I sign up m8 ?

No good m8, it appears they have enough of those. If only you were a rabid council hater.. :emoji_joy:

torchomatic

torchomatic

Magwitch

I have read the above and the now daily spats on here between basically the same people. But the hard fact is it is sisu v Wasps, one has to blink and at the moment I can’t see either doing so. There is a crucial date on the horizon that being when the Supreme Court accepts or rejects the sisu appeal, might be quite significant, if the appeal is accepted on we go as we are, a worry, if rejected do sisu accept and give up the legals or go to the European court or through the civil courts I suspect either would be like a red flag to a bull to Wasps. Trouble is there is little we the fans can do a bit of yahooing outside the council house won’t do a lot or standing by the JH statue with a few banners on a Wasp match day either.
Squeaky bum time is fast approaching I fear.

torchomatic

The people on the hill got abused by those going in also and got verbal abuse online too. I know two wrongs don’t make a right but let’s not pretend that the abuse was all one way demonising one group of fans in the process.

Maybe. Personally never saw any fan abusing the boycotters as in the main fans were old people and families. I'm sure it did happen, but nothing to do with me. As you say two wrong don't make a right. However, the majority of abuse was DEFINITELY from the boycotters as I got it a few times myself. There was even a segment on Sky of CCFC fans screaming in the faces of fans going into the ground calling them scabs. The abuse on here from the usual idiots was also there for everyone to see.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe. Personally never saw any fan abusing the boycotters as in the main fans were old people and families. I'm sure it did happen, but nothing to do with me. As you say two wrong don't make a right. However, the majority of abuse was DEFINITELY from the boycotters as I got it a few times myself. There was even a segment on Sky of CCFC fans screaming in the faces of fans going into the ground calling them scabs. The abuse on here from the usual idiots was also there for everyone to see.

Coventry-v-Preston-5.jpg

"It wasn't me, I didn't do anything, I said nothing to people going into the ground".

Grendel

Tony thought it was funny to term it Suxfields

Nick

Administrator
Tony thought it was funny to term it Suxfields

Probably because of the extra friendliness on the Hill.

Anyway, no point going back through all of that again is there? It's pretty obvious people will want to re-write history again.

Liquid Gold

I've suggested plenty of things to do. It appears as though that's worthless in some people's eyes as I'm unable to take the time off work and the 200 mile drive to stand outside.

There are more effective methods than protest to achieve our goals. That's not to say protest in some forms can't be effective, just that there are many different ways to pressure the various parties.

Nick

Administrator
I've suggested plenty of things to do. It appears as though that's worthless in some people's eyes as I'm unable to take the time off work and the 200 mile drive to stand outside.

There are more effective methods than protest to achieve our goals. That's not to say protest in some forms can't be effective, just that there are many different ways to pressure the various parties.
That's the point that is completely missed and why its so predictable what will happen.

Nobody wants to listen if it's coming from outside the "bubble" which means it effectively just ends up being the same thing over and over. "let's protest at a match". Great idea, get the bed sheets.

Magwitch

Do the supporters have to be in a trust to protest ? When the shit hits the fan and it will I fear the pack mentality will kick in probably at a home game and no one will be looking for trust membership cards to take part.
I was quite optimistic this impasse would be resolved if only for another year but now I’m getting more pessimistic, as I’ve said before there’s two sides at the moment wide apart with their heels well dug in.

pastythegreat

That's the point that is completely missed and why its so predictable what will happen.

Nobody wants to listen if it's coming from outside the "bubble" which means it effectively just ends up being the same thing over and over. "let's protest at a match". Great idea, get the bed sheets.
"You bought a bed sheet to a game? - Nice one! What's it say? SISU OUT! Well done mate, have 2 back pats!"

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Do the supporters have to be in a trust to protest ? When the shit hits the fan and it will I fear the pack mentality will kick in probably at a home game and no one will be looking for trust membership cards to take part.
I was quite optimistic this impasse would be resolved if only for another year but now I’m getting more pessimistic, as I’ve said before there’s two sides at the moment wide apart with their heels well dug in.

What are you talking about?

Nick

Administrator
"You bought a bed sheet to a game? - Nice one! What's it say? SISU OUT! Well done mate, have 2 back pats!"

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

"I got my photo taken by the photographer, it's exposure for our plight"
"the blackpool fans loved it #fansunited"

Sadly, it seems as if that's the aim.

Captain Dart

I just viewed a segment by touch FM interviewing Eastwood.

He noted that the Supreme Court is likely to decide on the leave for appeal lodged by Otium/SBS&L/Arvo and if they refused permission to appeal then there was still time to do a deal. I think that is by far the most likely outcome.

This is pretty much as I expected. Nothing will change till the courts rule on this latest move, SISU knew they could slip this in before it was too late.

If the courts rule in SISU's favour then the shit hits the rotating muck spreader big time!

I also said if the court does not issue a judgement before end Feb then I'm pretty sure the Otium/SBS&L accounts will be delayed a few months because its result may have consequences.

No more predictions.

Magwitch

Captain Dart: if the latter was to happen what do think the consequences might be ? and what might happen if sisu go down the European or civil court route ?

Nick

Administrator
I just viewed a segment by touch FM interviewing Eastwood.

He noted that the Supreme Court is likely to decide on the leave for appeal lodged by Otium/SBS&L/Arvo and if they refused permission to appeal then there was still time to do a deal. I think that is by far the most likely outcome.

This is pretty much as I expected. Nothing will change till the courts rule on this latest move, SISU knew they could slip this in before it was too late.

If the courts rule in SISU's favour then the shit hits the rotating muck spreader big time!

I also said if the court does not issue a judgement before end Feb then I'm pretty sure the Otium/SBS&L accounts will be delayed a few months because its result may have consequences.

No more predictions.
Yeah, it's almost as if he is hinting at fans to protest isn't it?

Pretty blatant, just the same as when duggins goes on about public relations being on his side.

Both far too comfortable but as long as these secret meetings are pressuring them it's ok.

Nick

Administrator
Here's an example of pressure.

Lucas: "The deal to sell to Wasps is on the condition it doesn't effect CCFC and Cov Rugby"

Duggins: "The condition was only for 4 years, public relations is on our side anyway"

Eastwood: "We effectively made a commitment to the council when we purchased the Ricoh that Sky Blues would be at the Ricoh for as long as they wish. Obviously the legal process changes that"

Awfully contradicting isn't it? Perfect material right there to put pressure on the Council and Wasps about that contradiction. Did they sign a condition in the end then? Did it have terms about legal action which means it didn't need to or is that something the council are making up as they go along?

It has absolutely nothing about the legals so no reason why it can't be done publicly is there?

What actually happens?

Eastwood: "If I was a city fan I would be more vociferous and less patient"

Trust: "He's right, we need to protest more about SISU at games. He's saying we aren't loud enough"

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Magwitch

Protesting to sisu will achieve sweet f/a to who, or how do we protest ? Wasps are the weakest link, we know who they are and where they are every fortnight least, but how ? Any ideas

Nick

Administrator
Protesting to sisu will achieve sweet f/a to who, or how do we protest ? Wasps are the weakest link, we know who they are and where they are every fortnight least, but how ? Any ideas

It's almost as if you keep posting the same thing over and over without reading the thread. Why?

rob9872

This gets into difficult water for me when the 'hillers' are mentioned.

I was in the minority who labelled those who entered Sixfield 'scabs'. It was wrong. I understand them wanting to go, but I wanted to see my team too. Having accepted relegation, points deductions etc, but missing home games that season is the worst of all acts in SISU's tenure that I won't get over.

I missed out on some great football by all accounts that season too and regretful that I missed much of the Clarke/Wilson strike force and entertaining football, but at the time I thought I was doing it for the greater good.

It also stopped my dad going and that I will never forgive them for as I missed out on the one thing we did together. He's been going for years longer then me and when they moved to Northampton, he said that's it I'm done with them. It took until last season to get him up more regularly and this is his first season ticket season since Northampton having held one for approx.40-50 years beforehand (I'd had mine for over 25 years), something I didn't think I'd see again.

I still believe that a 100% boycott would've worked, that was when we needed to show unity to the outside football world. However that was history. It didn't happen and repeated protests since have shown us not only that SISU don't listen, but they don't care and it's a waste of time or energy.

There is no pressure you can exert that will force them to deviate from the route they have taken until the end game, so the only constructive way forward is to support the team.

Nick

Administrator
There is no pressure you can exert that will force them to deviate from the route they have taken until the end game, so the only constructive way forward is to support the team.

Which is one of the times most people agree and the biggest statement is to show how big a force CCFC is (the fans, the whole place sky blue, the passion for CCFC).

Yeah I have mentioned that too but it got ignored in favour of "protests for exposure of our plight".

Liquid Gold

Raises our plight is the worst. People who care already know and people who haven't bothered to take an interest up to now will never bother. I think it's just an ego trip for people to see themselves in the media.

Magwitch

It's almost as if you keep posting the same thing over and over without reading the thread. Why?
What’s it got to do with you ? As far as I’m concerned any thread covering our situation does me for my twopenneth im sure I have read the word protest somewhere on here.

Nick

Administrator
What’s it got to do with you ? As far as I’m concerned any thread covering our situation does me for my twopenneth im sure I have read the word protest somewhere on here.

I am pointing out that you clearly aren't reading the thread, your posts never match up to the conversations.

Nick

Administrator
Raises our plight is the worst. People who care already know and people who haven't bothered to take an interest up to now will never bother. I think it's just an ego trip for people to see themselves in the media.

It only really looks that way.

People need to sit down, back away from those who shout the loudest about a protest and have a think outside the box and listen to all views and bits of input even if they aren't shouting Timmy or getting flags ordered for a protest.

There really is no appetite for that. The obsession is getting photos taken or what other fans groups think and what they do and all this "fans united" bollocks.

I've just given another example (along the lines of yours) where people at the council and Wasps have let things slip that don't add together. Perfect chance to quiz them publicly about it, it's nothing to do with the legals anyway so there's no reason why they can't.

Will the Trust even think about that? I will comfortably say it won't happen.

SkyBlueZack

From what I’ve read online, I can’t see why the questions asked of the council and wasps can’t be published? Im not asking for the answers. I assume the questions asked of Sisu and CCFC will be published?

Nick

Administrator
From what I’ve read online, I can’t see why the questions asked of the council and wasps can’t be published? Im not asking for the answers. I assume the questions asked of Sisu and CCFC will be published?

Of course they can be if they aren't really that related to the Legal Action.

Even so, if the Trust say "we asked this and we asked that" and Wasps respond "no comment due to legal action" it makes Wasps look bad. As Liquid Gold says, you then turn it up a notch.

After all, Eastwood seemed to have no issue discussing it on camera when he was saying that if he was a city fan he would be kicking up more of a fuss....

Liquid Gold

I have to say too the only reason I'm constantly on about this is because I genuinely want the trust to succeed. I want a good fan representative trust that puts our interests first and doesn't let us get ran over like we have time and again over the last 30 years. I'm not in a position to be at the front line so all I can do is suggest action, write emails and letters etc. I get so critical when I see bad/useless information/action because I can see the same failing pattern repeating and it isn't going to give us what we need. The trust are in a position to actually make a difference and often we get fucking nowhere with them.

SkyBlueZack

I only want to know the questions so we can decide if pressure has been applied. To see if all sides are being treated the same. The unwillingness to show the questions looks as if they wasn’t pressured.

Nick

Administrator
I have to say too the only reason I'm constantly on about this is because I genuinely want the trust to succeed. I want a good fan representative trust that puts our interests first and doesn't let us get ran over like we have time and again over the last 30 years. I'm not in a position to be at the front line so all I can do is suggest action, write emails and letters etc. I get so critical when I see bad/useless information/action because I can see the same failing pattern repeating and it isn't going to give us what we need. The trust are in a position to actually make a difference and often we get fucking nowhere with them.

Exactly the same reason as me and why I bang on about it. This times a thousand!

Adge

Remember to bring your fire certificate though........

Users who are viewing this thread