Albany Meeting ? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

To clarify I said I am personally against the idea of telling people how they shouldn’t be spending their money. What gives you, I or anyone else the right to do that? I didn’t go to Sixfields but it angered me that so many had a go at those that wanted to support their team. Is that wrong?

The fact you put wasps and ccfc I’m the same bracket regarding a boycott is illuminating

Grendel

You said you were boycotting sixfields.

I didn’t and it’s imteresting the Trust did advocate not going to sixfields but when a London franchise turns up in town roll the red carpet out

chiefdave

Meetings mainly. Same goes with the other parties. It's simply not always possible to broadcast what we've been doing.
It is entirely possible. We live in an age where technology allows you to get that kind of information out virtually instantly. What you mean is the trust, who are supposed to be the representatives of the supporters, are withholding information from the supporters for the benefit of certain parties involved.
Due to the legal action it probably will have too stay that way.
See previous posts. I can't say any more than that. I've just been advised I shouldn't.
Sorry CJ but that is absolute rubbish. There is nothing that needs to be discussed at present with any party that would require any confidential information to be revealed to the trust. The way different parties are treated differently by the trust speaks volumes. This is precisely the reason people complain about the trust and say they aren't fit for purpose. A supporters trust that refuses to give any information to supporters - you couldn't make it up.
Yes, but I do think many believe Wasps hold the cards and don't want to piss them off.
The fact they hold the cards is the exact reason we should be pissing them off. At the moment they're being allowed to do whatever they like with zero pressure. It needs to be made very clear to them there will be consequences to their actions.

Otis

Yes, but wasps have made themselves involved.
They have, but the main players are Sisu and the council.

We need to persuade Wasps that they can offer us another deal while the legal dispute is still going.

Nick

Administrator
They have, but the main players are Sisu and the council.

We need to persuade Wasps that they can offer us another deal while the legal dispute is still going.
They did so last year, nobody is even asking them why.

CJ_covblaze

The fact you put wasps and ccfc I’m the same bracket regarding a boycott is illuminating

Both had/have moved to somewhere where they shouldn’t be playing. Agree or disagree?

Grendel

Makes perfect sense. Not my fault you don't understand it.

Nor does anyone else - the fact you believe telling an organisation to drop a legal case to get an arrangement to keep it in existence is not blackmail is absurd

chiefdave

Already explained that.
Surely you're not suggesting no pressure should be applied to Wasps on the basis of a scenario you're come up with yourself that is not backed with any tangible evidence. ie: that Wasps are only refusing to talk with us at the insistence of the council.

Grendel

Both had/have moved to somewhere where they shouldn’t be playing. Agree or disagree?

You are not the Wasps trust - turn it round - you can’t bleat if sisu move the club out of town if you dont object to other clubs doing the same - it makes you look utterly ridiculous

chiefdave

And if the trust believe that Coventry City shouldn't be moved out of Coventry, even temporarily, why do they not have a problem with Wasps being moved 90 miles permanently?

CJ_covblaze

Open invitation. If anyone is interested about demonstrating (lawfully and respectfully obviously) at a Wasps game email me/PM the games that match up with your time available. I’ll begrudgingly buy a ticket and we’ll arrange something.

Adge

When we are getting pummelled by Luton and the 3rd goal goes in, can we please not use the excuse of a few people behind the goal waving a placard put the team off.

Otis

Surely you're not suggesting no pressure should be applied to Wasps on the basis of a scenario you're come up with yourself that is not backed with any tangible evidence. ie: that Wasps are only refusing to talk with us at the insistence of the council.
So why are they not talking then?

What do you say? Surely that is the very first step. They say it is because of the legal situation. You honestly think the council haven't spoken to, or influenced Wasps in any way.

If people don't think Wasps are saying no because of the council dispute, then what is it? What is their real reason?

CJ_covblaze

You are not the Wasps trust - turn it round - you can’t bleat if sisu move the club out of town if you dont object to other clubs doing the same - it makes you look utterly ridiculous

I wrote a post stating Wasps should not be playing in Coventry and you reply saying I don’t object to it. Couldn’t make it up!

pastythegreat

Open invitation. If anyone is interested about demonstrating (lawfully and respectfully obviously) at a Wasps game email me/PM the games that match up with your time available. I’ll begrudgingly buy a ticket and we’ll arrange something.
I'm in.

What sort of demonstration we thinking of?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Grendel

So why are they not talking then?

What do you say? Surely that is the very first step. They say it is because of the legal situation. You honestly think the council haven't spoken to, or influenced Wasps in any way.

If people don't think Wasps are saying no because of the council dispute, then what is it? What is their real reason?

Why has it anything to do with the council?

Grendel

I wrote a post stating Wasps should not be playing in Coventry and you reply saying I don’t object to it. Couldn’t make it up!

Good then make this trust policy and say that ccfc fans should not attend wasps games.

Can you commit to doing that? Or is it such a great atmosphere at wasps games compared to ccfc that it’s all fine and Dandy?

Otis

That's Grendel for you.

He loves a good row. In fact, I think it is the only thing he likes.

He spends 99% of his time arguing on here and when you have simply had enough and walk away he sees that as some kind of victory.

CJ_covblaze

Good then make this trust policy and say that ccfc fans should not attend wasps games.

Can you commit to doing that? Or is it such a great atmosphere at wasps games compared to ccfc that it’s all fine and Dandy?

I’ll ask you for the second time today as I have many times before. What gives you, I or anyone else the right to tell people how not to spend their money? Was it right to do it when we were at Sixfields? I don’t personally think it is in either case.

Otis

Why has it anything to do with the council?
The council are in dispute with Sisu. Many on here (you included I believe) think the council have bent over backwards in accommodating Wasps.

I'll let you join up the dots.

chiefdave

IMO needs to be an official trust protest with the associated PR and push for people to attend. Otherwise, as we've seen with other protests, you'll end up with a handful of people and be completely ineffective.

A targeted trust campaign aimed at Wasps is a very different prospect for them to deal with compare to a handful of people turning up at one of their games to have a whinge at nobody in particular.

Off the top of my head I'd suggest getting 20K flyers printed (with professional design) stating some clear facts and the implication of Wasps stance. Pick a match and politely and without confrontation hand them out to Wasps fans.

Push to them that their clubs actions will mean the end of CCFC and with it a loss of income for Wasps both in terms of what we pay (there are many Wasps fans who think we pay £100K a year all in and that Wasps lose money by having us there), lost sponsorship (naming rights etc) and lost revenue for Wasps partners which I'm sure they will be penalised for (can't believe anyone would sign a contract with them without such a clause given the uncertainly).

Mobilise those in the media the trust have used before and try and get some traction nationally.

I have no doubt that some negative press for Wasps in the media and difficult questions from some of their fans, not to mention the impact on the bonds when lost revenue is publicised, will soon have them changing their stance

Users who are viewing this thread