Albany Meeting ? (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Nick keeps screaming the council let the club down and don't support it.

If that was so why did they fund a £1.5m loan for a new indoor pitch the Sky Blues Academy will use at Allard Way. (Presumably state aid rules prevent it being a gift).

Sky Blues Academy boss on where dreams become reality
Coventry City Academy manager Richard Stevens says the Alan Higgs Centre’s new full-size indoor pitch secures the club’s Category Two status for years to come.

Added bonus, no sodding Wasps kicking barn.

Nick

Administrator

If that was so why did they fund a £1.5m loan for a new indoor pitch the Sky Blues Academy will use at Allard Way. (Presumably state aid rules prevent it being a gift).

You do realise it isn't just for the club right and that the club will be paying to use it the same as the other clubs?

Don't let that stop you with your jumping in, PR approach to threads without reading them.

As I keep saying, what are you trying to achieve? Disproving the things I say is rarely one of them, even when you had 2 accounts to try with.

Captain Dart

Is it just CCFC that uses the facility? Did they solely put the money in for the benefit of CCFC or the centre itself?
Read the article. The academy has some form of block booking and the public can use it in the day. Of course they pay for it, you can't get owt for nowt. Anyway Richard Stevens likes it and brought Willis, Shipley and Davis to the opening.

Nick

Administrator
Read the article. The academy has some form of block booking and the public can use it in the day. Of course they pay for it, you can't get owt for nowt. Anyway Richard Stevens likes it even if you are disattisfied.

It's getting beyond a joke now. You obviously didn't read his point and why he said it and just ignored it and went on to post even more nonsense.

What's the actual point other than you trying to peddle shit like that? You have no interest in reading threads and just jump in every so often to try and prove a point which is either irrelevant or has already been discussed.

Captain Dart

It's getting beyond a joke now. You obviously didn't read his point and why he said it and just ignored it and went on to post even more nonsense.

What's the actual point other than you trying to peddle shit like that? You have no interest in reading threads and just jump in every so often to try and prove a point which is either irrelevant or has already been discussed.
You keep posting the council don't help the club.

Nick

Administrator
You haven't disproved that, have you? Even throwing it in a thread randomly where nobody was talking about that.

You are getting more and more desperate it seems. What's wrong? Are people discussing pressuring the Council?

torchomatic

They certainly helped themselves to over £10M in rent from CCFC before selling to the franchise for less than that. Yes, I'm sure you can come up with a hundred examples of their helpfulness.

Nick

Administrator
Has anyone put any thought towards what we’re going to argue about once this all gets sorted ?

Brexit

No idea what happens if sisu go and brexit finishes.

Will just be hundreds of people in Coventry shouting randomly at people.

"What the fuck are you happy for?"

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

This only occurred after their plans to sell the land and centre to Wasps failed...

chiefdave

If that was so why did they fund a £1.5m loan for a new indoor pitch the Sky Blues Academy will use at Allard Way.
1) they haven't built it for the Academy, the Academy will hire it for use the same as anyone else;
2) without it there would have been an objection raised to the planning permission for the pool by Sport England;
3) it lets Wasps off the hook as they had promised to build, and pay for, the replacement facility.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Think back to Arsenal. That was the most effective form of protest we've had. As a fanbase I believe we need to show a united front and show what the club means to us. This is one way of doing it.
One you could unite the fans is getting the trust to officially Condemn Wasps being in Coventry.

To my knowledge the trust have never done this. I don’t care whether they needed to or whatever. The trust should officially condemn them being here.

Why haven’t they done so? At the moment the fan base is fractured because nobody agrees on who needs to be affected. The protests do bring our plight into view, but SISU probably don’t know we even did it.

Why won’t the trust condemn their presence? That’s all I want to know

Liquid Gold

As much as I'd like it to happen I think condemning the franchise isn't the best way of achieving our current goals. I would like to know why the trust has never felt it necessary to speak out against them though.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Thing is the trust have influence, if they were to condemn them then it could lead to more uncomfortable exposure for wasps.

It’s hardly right that the trust condemns it’s own team for moving away for business reasons, then don’t speak up and even support a franchise doing the same and leading to our possible extinction

Liquid Gold

Thing is the trust have influence, if they were to condemn them then it could lead to more uncomfortable exposure for wasps.

It’s hardly right that the trust condemns it’s own team for moving away for business reasons, then don’t speak up and even support a franchise doing the same and leading to our possible extinction
I agree in any normal circumstances but now is about securing our future. It should be used as part of the pressure applied to them

"come to the table"
"No"
"we'll arrange a protest against you"
"We don't care"
"we'll officially condemn your presence here and urge all City fans to boycott"

It should start firm but fair and whatever it takes to get them should be on the table but start as open as possible.

Nick

Administrator
I agree in any normal circumstances but now is about securing our future. It should be used as part of the pressure applied to them

"come to the table"
"No"
"We don't care"

It should start firm but fair and whatever it takes to get them should be on the table but start as open as possible.
Early doors tap of the ankles to let them know we are here?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

"come to the table"
"No"
"We don't care"

Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread