Albany Meeting ? (1 Viewer)

mark82

Wouldn’t worry about any daft boycott ideas or threats will never happen, in fact if this goes on as it is and we get nearer to the end of the season gates could increase.

I'm really not sure what a boycott achieves. There still seem to be a large number of Facebook pushing the NOPM line still. Our owners are shit in many ways but taking money out of the club isn't one of them so a boycott literally only hurts the team (and they then of course moan about not spending money on players).

Nick

Administrator
I'm really not sure what a boycott achieves. There still seem to be a large number of Facebook pushing the NOPM line still. Our owners are shit in many ways but taking money out of the club isn't one of them so a boycott literally only hurts the team (and they then of course moan about not spending money on players).

This is where the shit I was on about comes in. They all think that SISU are being paid millions every year from the club.

If you say otherwise, you are a "SISU Apologist".

They have no interest in facts, they just want to be fed things to get worked up on.

I've seen people say that they would rather the club died skint than with a bit of money (referring to fines and extra stewarding / policing costs).

It's bizarre.

mark82

This is where the shit I was on about comes in. They all think that SISU are being paid millions every year from the club.

If you say otherwise, you are a "SISU Apologist".

They have no interest in facts, they just want to be fed things to get worked up on.

I pointed out the fact the accounts show them taking nothing out. Someone then tried to say that the administration cost were proof of taking money out, after that was rubbished it was then because the directors get paid for doing their job. It's just nonsense. It just reminds me of some of the stuff around Brexit (and I'm not looking to get into a Brexit debate) where people believe stuff that gets copy-pasted on Facebook like the EU giving grants for moving companies to other countries and that stupid one around the Lisbon treaty that's been doing the rounds. It's just the mindset of people these days that they have a set opinion and will just blindly believe anything that backs up their original opinion, without sound any fact checking on it (see some of the stuff said about Jeremy Corbyn too). It's like anything, there is a lot you can criticise Sisu, the EU, Corbyn or whoever for but just spouting and believing any old made up bullshit is not helpful to any argument.

/rant

Nick

Administrator
I pointed out the fact the accounts show them taking nothing out. Someone then tried to say that the administration cost were proof of taking money out, after that was rubbished it was then because the directors get paid for doing their job. It's just nonsense. It just reminds me of some of the stuff around Brexit (and I'm not looking to get into a Brexit debate) where people believe stuff that gets copy-pasted on Facebook like the EU giving grants for moving companies to other countries and that stupid one around the Lisbon treaty that's been doing the rounds. It's just the mindset of people these days that they have a set opinion and will just blindly believe anything that backs up their original opinion, without sound any fact checking on it (see some of the stuff said about Jeremy Corbyn too). It's like anything, there is a lot you can criticise Sisu, the EU, Corbyn or whoever for but just spouting and believing any old made up bullshit is not helpful to any argument.

/rant

Yeah it is pretty much like Brexit. People aren't interested and just want to be told either that the Immigrants won't be here or that if we leave their kids will be killed while they sleep.

When you try and explain the facts to them they just go off on one about "defending SISU". They have absolutely no interest in seeing what the facts are.

People have mentioned "myth busting" stuff being put out from the Trust etc, it would be a good idea.

mark82

NOPM didn't really exist in the first place and was proven to be bollocks at Wembley. Anybody spouting it should shot into the sun.

I think there are still quite a few boycotting but it's a minority. I think as much as anything when we moved to Northampton for the year people broke that habit and just never came back. Each to their own but for me it's just punishing yourself giving up something you enjoy.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, I think the phoenix club thing was more on here than at the meeting from what CJ said. Think it was just a question someone asked.

It was the answer that interested me more about them playing at the Ricoh.

Will be interesting to see what comes next and if the constructive stuff LG and Dave posted will be taken on board and thought about.

ccfctommy

NOPM didn't really exist in the first place and was proven to be bollocks at Wembley. Anybody spouting it should shot into the sun.

In real life I know of five maximum who are NOPM.

There is a big difference between boycotting and simply not going

pastythegreat

I like the ones who bang on about not giving SISU their money by going to games but have their profile picture as either Wembley game.
I like the graffiti in one of the toilets at the Ricoh. Somebody wrote NOPM on the mirror. Oh the irony!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I like the ones who bang on about not giving SISU their money by going to games but have their profile picture as either Wembley game.
I’ve pointed it out to a few before and then got asked if I attended Wembley. They are generally thick as fuck and best avoided.

Nick

Administrator
Not One Person (coming in the exit) more??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Has it been a busy night mate?

Nick

Administrator
I posted the link. (If that was the same thing or if more detailed ones are being done)

Liquid Gold

I posted the link. (If that was the same thing or if more detailed ones are being done)
Surely the one of Cov Mad isn't it? That's primary school coverage.

I want a review of the meeting in full and I want to know where my idea that has been passed on has gone.

Nick

Administrator
Surely the one of Cov Mad isn't it? That's primary school coverage.

I want a review of the meeting in full and I want to know where my idea that has been passed on has gone.
Oh, I assumed that was it? Might be wrong though.

clint van damme

In real life I know of five maximum who are NOPM.

There is a big difference between boycotting and simply not going
Did they all avoid Wembley?

I know two, one is my mates dad and he never went to Wembley, and he never says anything bad about people who still attend, it's just the choice he's made.
Shame because he's getting on now and may never get to see city play again but he won't budge and wouldn't take up one of the numerous offers he had for tickets for the Checkatrade or the play off final.

CJ_covblaze

LG comments have been taken on board and will hopefully be actioned in our meeting on Wednesday. Not sure on the transcript. Will ask when I speak to Dave next.

Nick

Administrator
LG comments have been taken on board and will hopefully be actioned in our meeting on Wednesday. Not sure on the transcript. Will ask when I speak to Dave next.

Ah so it's more than the one on Covmad? Will keep an eye out!

letsallsingtogether

I'm baffled you think it's hammering a wedge because I don't agree that a new club is ccfc (which it isn't)

I'm not just on about this thread I'm on about generally.
So some bloke has said all ST holders are wankers big deal, I'm a ST holder not going to cry over it, that's his view I had my view over Sfields you had yours.

As was mentioned before you can reform you can buy the history back to attach to the new club. I know it's not the same but what other choice will we have if we do fold?
Not even saying I would follow that club properly not if I'm honest.
I would just go to watch Cov now and again and then go to B and Q and finish off my house after 20 years of waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread