Albany Meeting ? (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Its a nice idea but think Ryton will struggle to meet the criteria. And if it does how much protection does it really give? Isn't it just that you get six months once the owner puts it up for sale to raise money and make a bid?

Knowing our luck we'll end up with fans owning the training ground just as SISU wind the club up.
At least the new club could play there rent free to begin with ;)

CJ_covblaze

Which bit from Liquid Gold's stuff was implemented and taken on board?

Look forward to the myth busting as well!

Genuine Question, could somebody from the media team not sign up to interact so you don't end up getting all of the shit?

I'll ask the question. The letters sent to each party and the potential meetings that will hopefully come from it. One meeting has already happened and if all the parties have anything about them there will be many more to come.

CJ_covblaze

Its a nice idea but think Ryton will struggle to meet the criteria. And if it does how much protection does it really give? Isn't it just that you get six months once the owner puts it up for sale to raise money and make a bid?

Knowing our luck we'll end up with fans owning the training ground just as SISU wind the club up.

I too think that it might not qualify but it's well worth putting the initial enquiries in to see if it's possible. Things have gone very quiet there. Hopefully no news is good news.

Nick

Administrator
I'll ask the question. The letters sent to each party and the potential meetings that will hopefully come from it. One meeting has already happened and if all the parties have anything about them there will be many more to come.

That's not really what his idea was though. I am not sure if it has been lost in translation along the way.

Especially not if you are keeping everything secret to certain parties while inviting others to public fans meetings.

Does that mean that now the council have been met in secret there is no pressure towards them? Judging by the article published missing out any wrongdoing they have done, the apologetic statement after meeting them and the lack of mention in that recent thing in terms of action it looks that way.

Obviously it's not you personally and I'm by no means saying it is, but in what way isn't it the below scenario that was suggested would happen weeks ago:

The pattern is always the same and ends up in the same way.

"meet and discuss"
"we are listening to what people say"
"we blame them all"

"sisu protest lads? wahey get on it"

Can you see / understand my point? The plans announced today look very much that way.

Again, shouldn't the media team also be liaising with fans?

pastythegreat

In a vain attempt to put the phoenix club issue to bed now I think people are entitled to go and watch a club set up if we died and treat it the same as city, they'd be entitled to wear sky blue, sing the sky blue song, sing Jimmy Hill's sky blue army, it could be a continuation of most things Coventry City and some people can view it as the same. It categorically won't however be Coventry City.

I respect those who would support that team and it's their right to believe it's City. I however won't support that team because I am only a Coventry City fan and will never move to a new team unless under exceptional circumstances outlined earlier. That needs to be respected too.

There are undoubtedly some lunatics that want this to happen (not suggesting any of you lot) but the worst possible way they can go about it is by causing harm to the club we have now. It is right that the Trust have a last resort backup plan, talk of this should be shut down instantly though, we have a Coventry City and that is the priority.

The Trust are in a position of responsibility and everything *everything* they do should be to put pressure on a rental deal being done asap. Letters to parties should be open for all to read, they have lost a lot of respect so need to be seen to be doing the right thing not just doing it, they should be a force for uniting a divided fan base when actually they are a cause for division. Get the myth busting statement out now, get everyone on the same page, once were somewhere near parity then they should write the open letters to all parties from a united front of city fans. Demand meetings with all parties in the public on CWR and in the Telegraph. Demand the council don't wash their hands of the football club, remind them of their commitments and threaten them at the ballot box. Demand Sisu act as responsible owners, remind them their greatest chance of a return is a successful clubs and threaten them with direct action to their investors. Demand Wasps never make the club homeless, remind them they are new in the city and threaten them with protests and disruptions.

Just do something, be seen doing it and don't do the same things that have failed time and time again.
This, but louder

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

That's not really what his idea was though. I am not sure if it has been lost in translation along the way.

I'm happy to take another look and see what we can do differently compared to what we're doing now.

Especially not if you are keeping everything secret to certain parties while inviting others to public fans meetings.

As a director and Chairman of our football club shouldn't Tim Fisher be meeting with the fans regardless of the off field issues? We explored the prospect of releasing the minutes of the meetings but due to the legal action it's understandable if none of the 4 or 5 parties involved allow them to be published

Does that mean that now the council have been met in secret there is no pressure towards them? Judging by the article published missing out any wrongdoing they have done, the apologetic statement after meeting them and the lack of mention in that recent thing in terms of action it looks that way.

Obviously it's not you personally and I'm by no means saying it is, but in what way isn't it the below scenario that was suggested would happen weeks ago:

Understandable

Can you see / understand my point? The plans announced today look very much that way.

Again, shouldn't the media team also be liaising with fans?
Part of the media team is liaising on here.

CJ_covblaze

In a vain attempt to put the phoenix club issue to bed now I think people are entitled to go and watch a club set up if we died and treat it the same as city, they'd be entitled to wear sky blue, sing the sky blue song, sing Jimmy Hill's sky blue army, it could be a continuation of most things Coventry City and some people can view it as the same. It categorically won't however be Coventry City.

I respect those who would support that team and it's their right to believe it's City. I however won't support that team because I am only a Coventry City fan and will never move to a new team unless under exceptional circumstances outlined earlier. That needs to be respected too.

There are undoubtedly some lunatics that want this to happen (not suggesting any of you lot) but the worst possible way they can go about it is by causing harm to the club we have now. It is right that the Trust have a last resort backup plan, talk of this should be shut down instantly though, we have a Coventry City and that is the priority.

The Trust are in a position of responsibility and everything *everything* they do should be to put pressure on a rental deal being done asap. Letters to parties should be open for all to read, they have lost a lot of respect so need to be seen to be doing the right thing not just doing it, they should be a force for uniting a divided fan base when actually they are a cause for division. Get the myth busting statement out now, get everyone on the same page, once were somewhere near parity then they should write the open letters to all parties from a united front of city fans. Demand meetings with all parties in the public on CWR and in the Telegraph. Demand the council don't wash their hands of the football club, remind them of their commitments and threaten them at the ballot box. Demand Sisu act as responsible owners, remind them their greatest chance of a return is a successful clubs and threaten them with direct action to their investors. Demand Wasps never make the club homeless, remind them they are new in the city and threaten them with protests and disruptions.

Just do something, be seen doing it and don't do the same things that have failed time and time again.

Just to clarify do you mean this one?

Liquid Gold

Secret meetings with one of the parties then not reporting any of the details is almost exactly the opposite of what I suggested.

If you go to the council and they say we'll meet you given these conditions and not publishing this or that tell them no you will meet us on our terms, completely open. If the council refuse then you publish their response, start pressure on them to come to the table and then if they still don't then start some direct action to bring them to the fucking table. Same with every party involved.

If the trust was a united force working for all city fans then they could threaten all parties with 50,000 people working against them. That would scare the shit out of anybody. Instead they do the exact opposite and come across as a pressure group heavily influenced by a few lunatics.

Liquid Gold

Who, apart from you, linked to the trust are on here?

Edit: this was in response to a message from CJ saying that some of the Trust media team are on here which has now been deleted.

Last edited:

rob9872

The article regarding the facts has been written by a well respected chartered accountant who is highly regarded by the fanbase and the local area. It dispels certain myths from every side of the argument and is an excellent piece. With regards to Luton if anyone that is going can help us on the day (it's nothing strenuous) with the set up for the demonstration please get in touch. It's probably going to be for 20-30 minutes once the turnstiles open. I must state that it's 100% about keeping our club at the Ricoh. The only side that will be mentioned will be the 11 lads on the pitch who it will actually help in the process.
Needing help to set up a demo? Wtf are you planning??? It had better be happening after the game or have your little cry if you want, but if it affects the team on the pitch then expect a hostile reaction from me and a number of other regular away travellers.

rob9872

In fact what are you hoping to achieve? We'll look shitty to other fans as it's on tv and there will be many rightly saying why didn't they do this when things were going well, eg at Wembley. It will unsettle and create a hostile atmosphere, not to mention that it will be a splinter group not all out of not a huge following. They don't listen, they won't go and you're trying to antagonise them for no reason. They will sort the ground, I have faith it will still happen. This will go to the highest court before it finishes. The end game I am convinced will be soon after that. All parties are accountable in this mess, but it will be a demo only directed towards the owners. Support the team and enjoy doing so, that's our job as fans and let the other stuff take care of itself.

CJ_covblaze

Secret meetings with one of the parties then not reporting any of the details is almost exactly the opposite of what I suggested.

If you go to the council and they say we'll meet you given these conditions and not publishing this or that tell them no you will meet us on our terms, completely open. If the council refuse then you publish their response, start pressure on them to come to the table and then if they still don't then start some direct action to bring them to the fucking table. Same with every party involved.

If the trust was a united force working for all city fans then they could threaten all parties with 50,000 people working against them. That would scare the shit out of anybody. Instead they do the exact opposite and come across as a pressure group heavily influenced by a few lunatics.

Isn't a confidential meeting where the fans question and put pressure on one of the parties better than no meeting at all? A series of meetings with fully documented, unaltered and disclosed minutes is the ideal outcome but sadly I don't think that will happen with any of the parties involved at present.

CJ_covblaze

Needing help to set up a demo? Wtf are you planning??? It had better be happening after the game or have your little cry if you want, but if it affects the team on the pitch then expect a hostile reaction from me and a number of other regular away travellers.

Nothing controversial. Similar to the Arsenal one which probably got the most attention of all the action that has been taken.

Nick

Administrator
Yep that one.

I am sure there is more of the media team than you though and somebody else who can take things on board so that it isn't CJ getting flack it's the Trust?

It gets to the point where I am saying exactly what the outcome is going to be from things and after some "no we do listen" (which I don't doubt that you do personally) things like this are then posted where it shows exactly what I predicted the outcome was going to be from it all.

Liquid Gold has said to get everybody on side pressure all sides and let people know what is being said, bring people together. It is one thing to hide behind confidentiality with certain parties while publicly calling out others, then releasing things saying basically ignoring anything that the other parties have done. Meanwhile one of the board members is photoshopping Fisher's face onto a punchbag and posting it on social media.

Take a step back and see at how it looks. To anybody who isn't frothing at the mouth in anger about SISU you say you are going to pressure everybody to get a deal, you have a meeting with the council which is secret (but the Trust makes a point of sympathising with the council), an article is then released that writes things the council has done out of history, you then release a plan going on about protesting at matches.

Then we go back to the story about when Wasps were on about moving into the Higgs.

1. There was talk of a protest against Wasps, people were starting to get angry with Wasps
2. The Trust had a secret meeting with Wasps
3. There was nothing mentioned about a protest ever again, it was all SISU

Then there's the whole thing of somebody using a Supporter's Direct account to work with the Council's PR company for a media war and doorstepping things.

At what point is somebody in all of this being mugged off? Is it the Trust or is it people like me who is predicting what will happen based on every other time but gets told they are wrong?

Let's face it, people like Tim (Fisherbaiter) can spout off all they want but people really aren't stupid in all of this and no matter how much "we are pressuring everybody" lines are reeled out it isn't happening.

The fans can't and won't all unite and get behind secret meetings with the Council and Demos at matches. The Trust need to step outside the little bubble of people at the core and start to listen and take things on board from city fans in general.

CJ_covblaze

In fact what are you hoping to achieve? We'll look shitty to other fans as it's on tv and there will be many rightly saying why didn't they do this when things were going well, eg at Wembley. It will unsettle and create a hostile atmosphere, not to mention that it will be a splinter group not all out of not a huge following. They don't listen, they won't go and you're trying to antagonise them for no reason. They will sort the ground, I have faith it will still happen. This will go to the highest court before it finishes. The end game I am convinced will be soon after that. All parties are accountable in this mess, but it will be a demo only directed towards the owners. Support the team and enjoy doing so, that's our job as fans and let the other stuff take care of itself.

Again I agree 100%. The information put out regarding this will be very much "keep us in Coventry" or similar not pointing fingers etc. Hopefully I should be able to put more out tomorrow.

Nick

Administrator
Isn't a confidential meeting where the fans question and put pressure on one of the parties better than no meeting at all? A series of meetings with fully documented, unaltered and disclosed minutes is the ideal outcome but sadly I don't think that will happen with any of the parties involved at present.

1. You publish an article a few days after completely ignoring anything they have ever done wrong.
2. One of your board members uses multiple accounts to have a go at anybody who mentions the council, he makes things up to get away from it.
3. The person who wrote the article openly thinks there should be no pressure on the council or Wasps.
4. The article was checked over by an ex council leader.

How do we know they are pressured in any way, shape or form? Duggins doesn't seem to think so when he is bragging about Public Relations after making something up completely. Their PR company didn't think so when "Supporters Direct" were working with them.

Let's stop pissing about, people aren't thick and it's an insult to try and treat them as if they are. We aren't people who can be told "SISU are taking all the money" to get fired up.

Again, it's at the Trust in general rather than CJ the person!

Nick

Administrator
Again I agree 100%. The information put out regarding this will be very much "keep us in Coventry" or similar not pointing fingers etc. Hopefully I should be able to put more out tomorrow.

Considering you are doing it at a game that's on TV, do you not realise it is pointing fingers? Who exactly is it aimed at?

I'll be frank, the Trust are just looking like a PR company for hire. I will say now that any article they are involved with in the national media will say nothing that could be deemed as negative about any of the other parties.

It's no wonder Duggins can be so smug about it.

NorthernWisdom

tbf I wouldn't expect details to be released while legal action was continuing.

Also tbf, I'd expect the same terms of a meeting to be extended to the football club. That doesn't stop Fisher being invited to an open meeting separately, of course.

Nick

Administrator

Also tbf, I'd expect the same terms of a meeting to be extended to the football club. That doesn't stop Fisher being invited to an open meeting separately, of course.

Yet they put out a statement afterwards basically saying how much they agreed with each other, followed by an article ignoring anything the council had done ;)

Why wouldn't they offer the same to the club or even SISU? Why aren't the Council or Wasps invited to open meetings?

chiefdave

Why? The questions that need to be asked don’t relate to legal action.

For example the council need to be called out over their lies saying CCFC would be secure in any Ricoh sale.

Wasps need to be called out on why they are claiming they can’t hold talks yet the situation is no difference to last year when they did hold talks.

Why is confidentiality needed to discuss that?

And if you do think confidentiality is reasonable surely the same apppies to SISU.

Liquid Gold

Which fans have put questions to the council and what answers have been given?

The fans haven't been questioning or pressuring, the trust board have and while there's a perception fo the trust as being an anti sisu pressure group, fairly or not, it's going to come across as favouring one side.

Nick

Administrator
Why? The questions that need to be asked don’t relate to legal action.

For example the council need to be called out over their lies saying CCFC would be secure in any Ricoh sale.

Wasps need to be called out on why they are claiming they can’t hold talks yet the situation is no difference to last year when they did hold talks.

Why is confidentiality needed to discuss that?

And if you do think confidentiality is reasonable surely the same apppies to SISU.

That's the thing, "we did pressure the council but it's confidential".

Why on earth does it need to be confidential?

Liquid Gold has suggested openness for a reason, it would bring people together and people might unite behind the Trust if they saw every party who can be seen to wrong CCFC both barrels.

rob9872

Before this meeting happened I predicted no SISU, lots of repeating the same actions, demos and protests and childish name calling. The only thing I asked for was to get a campaign going to support the team in the greatest number possible, Spread the word that we might only have a few games left, get the whole City up there and show the world how much we care.

Unsurprisingly everything I predicted has happened and not a single effort to try something new like actually supporting the team.

Beyond a joke now and yet when I said right at the start of this thread I'd rather shit in my hands and clap I was told that it wasn't constructive. Well as it transpires it would probably be more of a statement than anything actually suggested or achieved.

Liquid Gold

Fair enough they can;t talk about legal action. The question being asked now though is how are they going to keep the club in Coventry. Are they going to pressure London Wasps to agreeing a deal and if not what alternatives are they going to offer the club. There should be nothing stopping them answering these questions. If they refuse to answer then they should be targeted, if they was their hands they should be targeted and it needs to happen now.

Nick

Administrator
Before this meeting happened I predicted no SISU, lots of repeating the same actions, demos and protests and childish name calling. The only thing I asked for was to get a campaign going to support the team in the greatest number possible, Spread the word that we might only have a few games left, get the whole City up there and show the world how much we care.

Unsurprisingly everything I predicted has happened and not a single effort to try something new like actually supporting the team.

Beyond a joke now and yet when I said right at the start of this thread I'd rather shit in my hands and clap I was told that it wasn't constructive. Well as it transpires it would probably be more of a statement than anything actually suggested or achieved.

This is also why I get frustrated.

All we hear is "well what are you doing", "well what would you do". What's the actual point in people wasting their time when nothing is taken on board and it's just decided by a handful of people in their bubble anyway?

We have seen the type of crap their board members come out with in regards to the opinions on here. There was the Andy Fletcher who had his outburst and then deleted his account when he was made to look a fool, there's Fisherbaiter who has to put "skybluestalkbollox" every time. There is only CJ who will bother to interact and he could go in there and shout until the cows come home.

Of course, I never expect people to jump and say "Yes, of course we will do as you say" but when I have previously been asked for help and feedback about things and given it and then it's just been completely ignored anyway. What's the point?

People predicted exactly what would happen when the meeting was announced. The exact thing happened. Does nobody find that odd?

NorthernWisdom

Fair enough they can;t talk about legal action. The question being asked now though is how are they going to keep the club in Coventry. Are they going to pressure London Wasps to agreeing a deal and if not what alternatives are they going to offer the club. There should be nothing stopping them answering these questions. If they refuse to answer then they should be targeted, if they was their hands they should be targeted and it needs to happen now.
I understand however, to build relationships and to allow full and frank conversation, it may be necessary to have meetings that aren't minuted - they've done it in the past with Seppala etc.

I don't have a problem with that. I do find it a shame they won't extend the same offer to the club and its paymasters. That being said, the statement does say that it isn't fixed in stone, so maybe feedback to extend the same offer to SISU and club will see it happen.

Liquid Gold

I understand however, to build relationships and to allow full and frank conversation, it may be necessary to have meetings that aren't minuted - they've done it in the past with Seppala etc.

I don't have a problem with that. I do find it a shame they won't extend the same offer to the club and its paymasters. That being said, the statement does say that it isn't fixed in stone, so maybe feedback to extend the same offer to SISU and club will see it happen.
I appreciate your point but from my perspective we're well past the time to be building relationships. The club is in serious danger of being forced out of business by a combination of the three parties and all should have as much pressure applied as necessary to get them to the table.

Nick

Administrator
I appreciate your point but from my perspective we're well past the time to be building relationships. The club is in serious danger of being forced out of business by a combination of the three parties and all should have as much pressure applied as necessary to get them to the table.

This is exactly what worries me and why I posted about Haskell Mk2.

The lack of will to give either Wasps or the Council any pressure at all is either very suspicious or very stupid.

The other thing that worries me is that there are no answers, nobody from the Trust can answer the basic questions. CJ does try his hardest but he isn't the decision maker and it's nothing against him.

Somebody needs to take a step back for a second and have a look at things from all perspectives.

NorthernWisdom

Yup, and sometimes it's best to know your enemy, and the best way to get information is to give a little, rather than public grandstanding. In the past, the Trust have been able to do work to help get parties talking to stave off drastic action and, if they were able to do the same again, I'd consider that a win.

That does, however (and I labour this point so bow out now!) need them to talk to the other protagonists under the same terms!

Nick

Administrator
Even people in this thread being constructive is pointless really, none of them will give a shit and listen but bang on about representing the fans.

It will just be Moz or David Johnson on the news after another protest at a game speaking on behalf of the fans. It will be them hassling people in the national papers speaking on behalf of fans with particular things. The Telegraph would lap up any story they can get so will write it 10 times with different headlines.

At the end of it all, Duggins and Wasps will be sat pissing themselves that they can do or say whatever they want.

I will come back to this post as well like I did the one saying the outcome of the meeting. It is far too predictable every time.

All it seems to be is a free PR agency for anybody but SISU, I hope to be proven wrong but sadly I doubt I will be.

Liquid Gold

Yup, and sometimes it's best to know your enemy, and the best way to get information is to give a little, rather than public grandstanding. In the past, the Trust have been able to do work to help get parties talking to stave off drastic action and, if they were able to do the same again, I'd consider that a win.

That does, however (and I labour this point so bow out now!) need them to talk to the other protagonists under the same terms!
I'd be much more comfortable with it if the trust actually had people onside.

Nick

Administrator
I'd be much more comfortable with it if the trust actually had people onside.

It does, the Council and Wasps.
A group from the Sky Blue Trust met today with senior Councillors and Officers from Coventry City Council.

Representatives of the City Council recognised the efforts of the Sky Blue Trust to engage with all relevant parties in connection with the impasse over Coventry City FC’s playing arrangements at the RICOH Arena.

The City Council is supportive of the Sky Blue Trust’s attempts to develop a viable and satisfactory solution with all parties.

The Trust recognises the limitations imposed upon the City Council by the ongoing litigation between Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Limited, Avro Master Fund Limited and Otium Entertainment Group Limited versus Coventry City Council.

Hardly a statement from somebody who has just been hammering the other side is it? Unless it was a pillow fight in pyjamas.

Users who are viewing this thread