Match Thread AFC Wimbledon v Coventry (4 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

There we go our cup run would have likely come to an end in the second round anyway. Let Wimbledon have the pay day, we are minted anyway now.

DannyThomas_1981

No that’s why I’m not making stupid patronising comments it doesn’t matter - it clearly does if you’ve made an effort to attend a game and clearly it’s going to piss off anyone who went
I was there and not pissed off at all. We looked sublime at times with Saka and then later Palmer. Should have won easlily but not worried about going out of this comp. We go again on Saturday with a highly talented squad - going to be an enjoyable season.

pusbccfc

Chelsea away.

What an opportunity that would have been with 7000 Coventry behind the goal. So annoying

Ccfcisparks

I was there and not pissed off at all. We looked sublime at times with Saka and then later Palmer. Should have won easlily but not worried about going out of this comp. We go again on Saturday with a highly talented squad - going to be an enjoyable season.
who missed the majority of the chances, was it evenly split amongst the strikers?

skyblue025

Ffs made the effort to get there and we capitulate again. 2 more goals conceded late on to go with the 2 Sunday. Only playing 4 pre season games means we’re under cooked. On to Saturday!

Grendel

Sublime

GaryJones

What did MR say after that shit show?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Godden today with the fingers in the ears is embarrassing. Most of the fans have been well behind him and he just signed a new contract in the last 24 hours. No need.

Scores a penalty which wasn't even that convincing and then is part or a strike force that fail to best lower league gash.

I know it is kind of funny but I'm also actually pissed off a bit. Won't even let me post the Simpsons riot GIF either, which has made it worse. FFS.

Great_Expectations

Surprisingly more frustrated than expected.

I don’t particularly care about the cup (although a cup run would have been good for various reasons), but that was a strong team out tonight with players who should be wanting to stake a claim.

Great we created chances, but we missed them again. Plus we conceded two sloppy goals.

We’ll come good as before and we have an exciting season ahead.

But after improving the overall quality of the squad and spending some serious money, I hoped the days of being a “scalp” were behind us.

Brighton Sky Blue

Godden today with the fingers in the ears is embarrassing. Most of the fans have been well behind him and he just signed a new contract in the last 24 hours. No need.

Scores a penalty which wasn't even that convincing and then is part or a strike force that fail to best lower league gash.

I know it is kind of funny but I'm also actually pissed off a bit. Won't even let me post the Simpsons riot GIF either, which has made it worse. FFS.
He flapped two pretty good chances not long after but his fellow strikers were even more guilty. Pretty infuriating that it’s cost us a great tie next round too.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Just to clarify - I’m not actually saying robins should be sacked. I’m asking are we allowed a 10 game winless streak again? Im guessing he expects top 6 - and whilst we did it last season - 5th with that points total is an anomaly.

so far - we seem to bogged down with similar on pitch issues we had in the first 10 last season - but we obviously had the excuses I’ve listed above to bat it off

SkyBlueMatt

Chelsea away. At least we don't have to have the argument about points.

First good draw in years and we miss out.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Just to clarify - I’m not actually saying robins should be sacked. I’m asking are we allowed a 10 game winless streak again? Im guessing he expects top 6 - and whilst we did it last season - 5th with that points total is an anomaly.

so far - we seem to bogged down with similar on pitch issues we had in the first 10 last season - but we obviously had the excuses I’ve listed above to bat it off
He hasn’t handed MR a 4 year contract just to sack him after 10 games

Martin180

What on earth are you babbling about ?

ccfc1234

Would be nice to actually have a cup run for once.

A draw at home to Chelsea or Tottenham would have been a good financial reward or a trip away would be good for the fans.

Just don't understand why we are so poor in the cup under Robins.
I think since his return when we were in league 2 he has really focused on the league. Anyone know our best cup run under Robins?

Users who are viewing this thread