Match Thread AFC Wimbledon v Coventry (1 Viewer)

Hertsccfc

Should be a win, and whilst I won't care if we lose it, we're building a squad that we know are going to need minutes so progression should be seen as the outcome here.
A win would be really useful for momentum but the real value is getting some minutes into the legs of players like MvE, Sakamoto and Wright, and hopefully some goals for Simms.

iflynno

Can't see the first team being heavily involved with us playing Saturday at 12

Few faces perhaps but not many.

Collins in GK

Binks
Burroughs
Howley
Sakamoto
MVE

Perhaps 30/45 mins for Wright, Kelly etc

Hertsccfc

Can't see the first team being heavily involved with us playing Saturday at 12

Few faces perhaps but not many.

Collins in GK

Binks
Burroughs
Howley
Sakamoto
MVE

Perhaps 30/45 mins for Wright, Kelly etc
Where would you play Burroughs?

larry_david

A win would be really useful for momentum but the real value is getting some minutes into the legs of players like MvE, Sakamoto and Wright, and hopefully some goals for Simms.
Agree, and one of my pet MR hates is when we get knocked out of this first round, and he then doesn't bring players on in later games because they're not up to speed as they havent had the opportunity of matches!

David O'Day

Do we play Simms and Wright to get them minutes together?

Should she decent minutes for MvE, Sakamoto and Binks.

Evo1883

I play wright and godden infront of sakamoto , and play wright and simms against boro .

Godden desperately needs to score a goal or 2 .. and we want simms fresh for Saturday, wright needs game time

MVE on the right , bring fadz out put lati centre and binks LCB , bidwell LB .

Kelly and Eccles CM

Collins
Bidwell
Binks
Lati
Thomas
MVE
Eccles
Kelly
Sakamoto
Wright
Godden

7 changes ,Only 4 that started yesterday

Squads decent , but a CM ST and CB needed

shmmeee

Pipkin made a good point on another thread that this is our only midweek game before the break. Considering that I really think we should put the first team out, with the plan do rotate people off as soon as they’re flagging. They need as much time together as possible.

Brighton Sky Blue

With the better squad we have I agree
I’d argue getting through means another game you can use to get this group used to each other without as much riding on it. I’d pick something strong like

Collins

MVE
Lati
Thomas
Binks
Bidwell

Sheaf
Eccles
Palmer

Wright
Simms

Then bring others on after an hour or so.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Normally I'm one who likes to give fringe players a run out in this but we need to give as much time for the new players to get to used to one another.

Collins
Thomas Lati Binks
MvE Eccles* Sheaf Bidwell
Sakamoto
Wright Simms

Wilson, Fadz, Dasilva, Kelly*, Howley, Burroughs, Palmer, Godden, Obikwu

Evo1883

With the added the way it is , you could find yourself playing an extra match worth of time every month with half time end of game added time ..

I'd rotate

Reactions: vow

Julie SBA

Something like

Collins
Howley Binks Bidwell
MVE Eccles Kelly Burroughs
Sakamoto
Simms Wright

MVE clearly needs some pitch time. Not sure Eccles and Kelly will be much more than subs once everyone is fit. wouldn't be surprised if Burroughs and Howley are out on loan after this game. Howley has been used a few times in pre season at CB, seems OK in there
Simms and Wright may not be the right combo together but lets give them a try

Users who are viewing this thread