Adam Armstrong To Join (2 Viewers)

ccfcmad1

Like others I know a few geordies all saying hes a top player feed him he will get goals and will create chances, ignore the age on paper sounds a great signing

skybluekelly98

Not really fused about the length, if he turns out to be another mcgoldrick in sure we'll be the first to get him back because of the respect/friendship between mowbray and McLaren.

capel & collindridge

Comments on Newcastle forum:

October 20, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
Can see him going to championship team, scoring for fun then to a decent PL outfit where he will make it big style.

fully expect him to be ruined if he stays here with Pardew.

-----------

April 23, 2015, 07:03:27 PM »
Latest quotes from John Carver:

"It’s very difficult, people want Adam Armstrong to play and it’s a difficult situation for Adam because he’s a young player developing.
"We had a situation with Adam Campbell+ not so long ago, where he got fast-tracked and he got thrown in and everybody thought he was going to be the next Franco Zola, or whatever, and he wasn’t.

"It affected him. I don’t want the same thing happening to Adam Armstrong.

"What Adam needs at this football club is to be out on loan – playing in the Championship or in League One for a good season – and we almost let him do that until Papiss (Cisse) got suspended.

"He was on his way to Bolton or Forest. He needs a good season out on loan, in the Championship, banging in goals, as part of his development.

"But because of the circumstances* we’ve had to keep hold of him, keep him in the squad, and use him sparingly."

-------------
Today at 11:17:29 AM »
Going to Coventry on 6 month loan deal :thumbs: hopefully will gain plenty of experience and much needed minutes under his belt

---------

Today at 12:16:06 PM »
Might work out for him but I just dont think hes got what it takes to be a decent Premier League striker.

----------

Today at 12:32:39 PM »
I'm glad cause he has looked absolutely hopeless in the first team. Yet to see a single thing from him that has made me think theres a player in there somewhere. May sound harsh but we can't afford passengers and he is the ultimate passenger.

---------

He's never been given a proper chance in first team - he's been given 10 minutes here and there usually out of position on the wing or in a deep lying forward role - I'm not saying he's ready yet but you can't judge him on what he's shown to date

as for the ultimate passenger what utter tripe - he's a young kid trying to prove himself in the game

kg82

That ultimate passenger comment The lad's 18 and made a few sub appearances. Jesus, it's like people want kids to be Pele as soon as they're walking!!

Chipfat

If he signs our fans will be on him straight away if he does not net a couple in his first few games. He is coming to us to gain experience and to show Newcastle the level he is at, fans have to remember that,, we also have our own kids at the the same stage of the developement of a player.. We have also seen more than a few premiership young kids come in, some work some don't, this is the gamble TM has had to play, as im sure Armstrong would not have been his first option..

Time will tell,, 6 months works for all concerned, but i still think we need another 2 brought in if TM can that is...

Last edited:

chiefdave

There's probably a similar thread on here about Callum Wilson after he'd made a handful of substitute appearances.

torchomatic

stupot07

If he signs our fans will be on him straight away if he does not net a couple in his first few games. He is coming to us to gain experience and to show Newcastle the level he is at, fans have to remember that,, we have our own kids at the the same stage of the developement of a player.. We have also seen more than a few premiership young kids come in some work some don't, this is the gamble TM has had to play, as im sure Armstrong would not have been his first option..

Time will tell,, 6 months works for all concerned, but i still think we need another 2 brought in if TM can that is...

completely agree, the over excitement by some on here is raising expectation and therefore pressure on the young lad. 18 is very young and already some have ear marked him for 15-20 goals. Too much pressure for such a young untried player. Let's not forget that Samuels was 2 years older when he came. Think we need to temper our expectations of him and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Will he still be able to play later if it still isn't confirmed? Imagine if it doesn't happen, egg on face :(

Shake_and_McPake

Facebook User
That ultimate passenger comment  The lad's 18 and made a few sub appearances. Jesus, it's like people want kids to be Pele as soon as they're walking!!

True, people aren't expecting the earth from Thomas, Maddison, Burge, Haynes, etc. They're all kids. Just because they play in the first team I think the fact they're merely teenagers (Thomas' case might be different but he's still very young) blinds people at times. They play because we have no other players. Well, they certainly play more than they should!

Oh well, if he is Pele you won't hear me moaning KG!

NorthernWisdom

There's probably a similar thread on here about Callum Wilson after he'd made a handful of substitute appearances.

To play Devil's advocate however, Matt Mills ended up having a decent career. Partly, no doubt, thanks to us ironing out some of his issues and forcing him to man up.

He was still shoddy for us however.

And him being shoddy stopped our own players getting experience to make them better/saleable/whatever.

I hope he's alright, and his FIFA stats certainly make him alright ;) but in putting no expectation on him, it's as well to remember that if he isn't an automatic first choice and better than what we have... why is he here in the first place? Sure, have him here to improve for his main team, but only if he's better than what we have already.

Time will tell.

Chipfat

He no doubt is a kid that has caught the eye of a few clubs,, i'm sure all is sorted and this signing will happen. But due to who it is and with agents at play it may have opened it up for a few closer to step in and give the kid more options..

I still think the kid form Everton Kieran Dowell could be another option for TM..

Last edited:

mark82

Is there a concern he's trying to engineer other options with the press leak before actually signing?

ccfcway

Is there a concern he's trying to engineer other options with the press leak before actually signing?

or its signed but not confirmed, or TM has no intention of signing him and CT have got it wrong, or he hasn't signed as he is finishing his tea.

Could be loads of reasons.

Chipfat

It could be anything to why it hasn't been done,, the longer it goes the more stories will be banded about that for sure...

skybluegod

Talked to a Newcastle fan today, who said he is a brilliant player, got fantastic talent, just needs to get some game time under his belt before becoming a regular at Newcastle.

mark82

or its signed but not confirmed, or TM has no intention of signing him and CT have got it wrong, or he hasn't signed as he is finishing his tea.

Could be loads of reasons.

Do we really want to sign someone who eats tea at 4:30?

LB87ccfc

From a Newcastle fan -

Trust me you've got one of the best. Followed him through our academy and u21's and he's the most exciting prospect we've had since Gazza. I guarantee he'll score goals for you. I had a bet on him when he was 16 to break Charlton's England record, that's how highly i rate him. He's just a natural goalscorer who can literally score from anywhere. I believe the plan is to loan him to you until January, then move him up to Championship level, but there's a chance you could have him all season. All i can say is sit back and enjoy - you're in for a treat!

ccfcway

Do we really want to sign someone who eats tea at 4:30?

he might have had an early lunch. You know whats its like when your in McDonalds at 10:35am with the intention of getting brekkie and they have stopped doing it, so you end up with a Quarter Pounder.

Could well have happened to him on the way down, so he would have got hungry at 4ish, meaning he might just be finishing off his KFC as we speak.

Chipfat

he might have had an early lunch. You know whats its like when your in McDonalds at 10:35am with the intention of getting brekkie and they have stopped doing it, so you end up with a Quarter Pounder.

Could well have happened to him on the way down, so he would have got hungry at 4ish, meaning he might just be finishing off his KFC as we speak.

He could be waiting for a free table at Nando's!!!!

wingy

Didn't they do a press release the other day about going all day with the breakfasts?
Come on lad get on the coach and mind Catthorpe!!

Users who are viewing this thread