Adam Armstrong To Join (3 Viewers)

Kingokings204

And that is why youre not a football manager

Hang on just a second, Where have I said anything against the lad? All I said was I'm not convinced and "heck I've never seen him play" Jesus it's things like this that put me off this forum.

And yes I still think and mogga thinks we need some muscle up front and some height.

2 games in and he seems like a gem but let's give it 20 games and cold winter nights. I wouldn't go jinxing it just yet though to reiterate I hope he does the business.

FRY-CCFC

Hang on just a second, Where have I said anything against the lad? All I said was I'm not convinced and "heck I've never seen him play" Jesus it's things like this that put me off this forum.

And yes I still think and mogga thinks we need some muscle up front and some height.

2 games in and he seems like a gem but let's give it 20 games and cold winter nights. I wouldn't go jinxing it just yet though to reiterate I hope he does the business.

You did suggest signing Francois Zoko in another thread.

hill83

"I'm not convinced myself. Not saying the lad is crap heck I've never seen him play but we need goal scorers and he seems a more James Madison type of height and player and is only 18 and will get shoved off the ball like madderz does."

redditcringe.jpg

Not seen him play
'seems' etc. I love football opinions.

Not having a go just a chuckle.

Last edited:

Covstu

Every player like this is a gamble to a certain extend. The amount of youth and promising talent we have borrowed over the years who just havent performed has been countless. Shame we have to hand him back at some point!

Skyblueweeman

Every player like this is a gamble to a certain extend. The amount of youth and promising talent we have borrowed over the years who just havent performed has been countless. Shame we have to hand him back at some point!

For every Armstrong, there's 10 Callum Balls.

Kingokings204

Just admit you spoke to soon and lacked faith

After 2 games? Really?

I lacked faith part I will admit but then i have been like all of us use to Steven Pressley signings and let's be fair we wouldn't of signed Adam Armstrong with SP in charge and no doubt got a journeyman.

I don't get it. I never said the guy was shit and I'm an avid follower of his and he is a bad signing. Plenty of times I have been right about a crap player joining and no one says "yeah you were right about him" that's life.

I hope AA gets his hat trick soon and tomorrow night will be just the ticket.

BackRoomRummermill

There were too many on here pre season with no faith in CCFC or Mogga, indeed I believe some were thinking him the wrong choice based on a few kickabouts.

ccfc1234

I was embarrassed for a few with the comments that were being thrown about. I saw AA at old Trafford where he no joke terrorised the Utd back four when he came on for the last 20mins. That is all I had seem but it was enought to know he would be well above most defenders in L1.

That said sucess has to be earned and this lad is doing just that. Just wish newcastle would start scoring some goals or splash the cash on big money forward.

I am away ATM but please if u can go to a home game do, I have not seen a manager at ccfc for ages that I would be happier to spend my hard earned cash.

Skyblueweeman

There were too many on here pre season with no faith in CCFC or Mogga, indeed I believe some were thinking him the wrong choice based on a few kickabouts.

I wouldn't say I didn't have any 'faith' during/after pre-season but I'll admit that I was unsure of the appointment of TM, happy to admit that I was wrong if this continues. We're still only 2 games into his first full league season but the signs are certainly promising.

H

Huckerby

After 2 games? Really?

I lacked faith part I will admit but then i have been like all of us use to Steven Pressley signings and let's be fair we wouldn't of signed Adam Armstrong with SP in charge and no doubt got a journeyman.

I don't get it. I never said the guy was shit and I'm an avid follower of his and he is a bad signing. Plenty of times I have been right about a crap player joining and no one says "yeah you were right about him" that's life.

I hope AA gets his hat trick soon and tomorrow night will be just the ticket.
Catch of the day I reckon

Kingokings204

Francois Zoko is a terrible player.

I know it's a shame but I'm one in a million.

Yes you certainly are one in a million I fully agree.

Is he? I've only seen him a handful of times and looked good and scored goals. Although not as big as I thought he was admittedly.

FRY-CCFC

Yes you certainly are one in a million I fully agree.

Is he? I've only seen him a handful of times and looked good and scored goals. Although not as big as I thought he was admittedly.

Yes. Which is why he has been released by a handful of league one clubs and also couldn't earn himself a deal whilst on trial at Orient this summer.

Captain Dart

OBart

I think we could see the same situation as MK Dons had with Bamford. He will score a hatful of goals up until January and then Newcastle will want him to go on loan to a Championship team to continue his development.

Manchester_sky_blue

I think we could see the same situation as MK Dons had with Bamford. He will score a hatful of goals up until January and then Newcastle will want him to go on loan to a Championship team to continue his development.

Some of it depends on the player though, if he's happy here then Newcastle might want to let him carry on. No point taking him away from us to drop him in to a lower end champ team and I imagine the teams at the top end of the champ will have settle squads and goalscorers of their own who wont be happy about losing their place. Winning promotion with us (getting ahead of myself i know but for the sake of the argument) could be more beneficial to him than warming the bench in the champ.

Newcastle in talks to sign Thauvin this morning, French Winger/Striker. Hopefully pushes Armstrong further down the pecking order.

OBart

Some of it depends on the player though, if he's happy here then Newcastle might want to let him carry on. No point taking him away from us to drop him in to a lower end champ team and I imagine the teams at the top end of the champ will have settle squads and goalscorers of their own who wont be happy about losing their place. Winning promotion with us (getting ahead of myself i know but for the sake of the argument) could be more beneficial to him than warming the bench in the champ.

Newcastle in talks to sign Thauvin this morning, French Winger/Striker. Hopefully pushes Armstrong further down the pecking order.

Yea I think a lot of it will come down to where we are. I hope Newcastle see that he is enjoying his football and he is in a good footballing team which can only aid his development.

Don't think Armstrong will be recalled unless Cisse and Mitrovic get injured, they have Perez to play there and Riviere will be coming back from injury, McClaren seems to only like one up front.

Manchester_sky_blue

Yea I think a lot of it will come down to where we are. I hope Newcastle see that he is enjoying his football and he is in a good footballing team which can only aid his development.

Don't think Armstrong will be recalled unless Cisse and Mitrovic get injured, they have Perez to play there and Riviere will be coming back from injury, McClaren seems to only like one up front.

Plus they have signed Ivan Toney who is staying in their U21 squad and will probably make the bench for the first team.

SlowerThanPlatt

Graham, Armstrong's uncle said AA wants to stay till the end of the season on the Cov fans forum on Facebook. Didn't someone claim it was Armstrong's choice if he wants to stay after January?

M&B Stand

Graham, Armstrong's uncle said AA wants to stay till the end of the season on the Cov fans forum on Facebook. Didn't someone claim it was Armstrong's choice if he wants to stay after January?

He'd be loving it here, hopefully there's a deal to be done for the season.

magic82ball

Is this thread gonna be rolled out every time he scores?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

A youth loan can be extended all season. :D

Users who are viewing this thread