Abu Ogogo (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

It's nice to finally have our own feeder club.

shmmeee

What else do we need if we get Ogogo and Sterling? Surely a GK or a CB has to be a priority?

Guessing the first team with those two is either:

Burge
Sterling Willis Davies Brown
Ogogo Bayliss
Jones Andreu Alassani
McNulty

Or

Burge
Jones Ogogo Andreu Alassani
McNulty JCH

I think that shows as well we can lose Bayliss as much as I’d rather we didn’t.

Captain Dart

What else do we need if we get Ogogo and Sterling? Surely a GK or a CB has to be a priority?
Hopefully he can be held on to this season with the money coming in from the Maddision sale. Wilson might be moving this summer too.

Warwickhunt

All very familiar it seems to me! last year MR bought players who had the mental apptitude and desire to win and from a team that knew how to get promotion out of Div2 and now he embarks upon getting players who nearly got out of Div 1 . He may venture to get an ex championship player as a balance but it's all tried and tested rather an theoretical. Keep up the good work MR

shmmeee

Hopefully he can be held on to this season with the money coming in from the Maddision sale. Wilson might be moving this summer too.

I hope we keep him, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if we don’t. And being secure for two or three seasons isn’t a bad thing.

Besides we’ll need money for our push for the Prem next year :p

Warwickhunt

I think he knows that we cannot hang onto Bayliss and he is preparing the squad as such and using the projected income from Madders and Bayliss to develop a squad capable of challenging in Div1

matesx

Guessing the first team with those two is either:

Burge
Ogogo Bayliss
Jones Andreu Alassani
McNulty

Or

Burge
Jones Ogogo Andreu Alassani
McNulty JCH

we have 4 centre backs..... Davies, Hyam, Willis and MacDonald.

Grimmer will be first choice RB i would say.

fernandopartridge

Surely it is Ogogo & Kelly in the middle with Doyle as player-coach on the sidelines. Doyle has done his job getting us up from Div 2.
Other thoughts:-
It shows an encouraging lack of sentimentality on Robbins' part.
Ogogo is also another cheap acquisition even allowing for wages
Not sure how Andreu fits in (mind you I don't think I ever have)
Bayliss to go - why play a good player out of position when you can get another player specifically for that position for less than you could earn from selling Bayliss to a club that will play him in his best position.
Selling a Bayliss a year would be a great foundation for club success.

Andreu fits in place of Bayliss I would suggest

covcity4life

if we get sterling we have a pretty good squad even before we try to upgrade strikers and defence

checkatrade 2nd 11

obrien
stokes
hyam
macdonald
grimmer
bowue
westbrook
shipley
bayliss
biamou
ponticelli

obv players like shipley bayliss biamou etc could all be in starting 11 on form and repalced with likes of assalingha or whatever his name is and jch etc

but my point is perhaps we can do the double lmao!

torchomatic

that will fly over the heads of our younger posters!

"Landscape" sang that wasnt it?

Yes, famous for the call the band made trying to get through to Gerald Ford. There's a snippet of the phone call on there.

Bugsy

Abu Ogogo what a wonderful name... Abu Ogogo what a wonderful phase, means no worries for the rest of yours days its a problem free philosophy....Abu Ogogo......

there's a song in there somewhere.........PUSB

Gibbo

One other cautionary note. Last summer we brought in what amounted to a whole new team, and it it took a while and the addition of two players from our own youth scheme to create a side that just scraped into the play-offs.
Even though there is a core from last season, you will have the same issues. It takes a little while to build a team in the true sense, so there maybe a number of wobbles at the start as Robbins works out his best team

Otis

Abu Ogogo what a wonderful name... Abu Ogogo what a wonderful phase, means no worries for the rest of yours days its a problem free philosophy....Abu Ogogo......

there's a song in there somewhere.........PUSB
Yep. Thinking the exact same thing.

If only I could just wrack my brains.

torchomatic

Yes, famous for the call the band made trying to get through to Gerald Ford. There's a snippet of the phone call on there.

Yes, a quirky little band. Of their time.

torchomatic

Is this a imminent signing (i.e. today) or one that could take a few days?

Mr Panda

Anyone know what foot this lad is?

My initial thoughts are that he'd partner Kelly in the middle and Doyle's role would be gradually reduced. But I do like the balance of having both a left foot and a right foot in the middle that we currently have with Doyle and Kelly.

When you've got completely one footed players that you have at this level, you do decrease the angles you can play the ball if it's too much of one foot.

rob9872

Usually they happen quietly and we don't hear anything with MR. If this one not over the line then I'd wonder if it will happen. Hopefully true but until signed I'll reserve judgement.

Reactions: vow

Otis

He's played right back at Dagenham & Redbridge too and did very well but I think he prefers the middle of the park
A win it and pass it type but also scores the occasional long range goal
'You better watch out, you better beware, Abu bites legs and don't play fair. '

'Abu Agogo (do, do, do, do, do do do do) Abu Agogo.'

Users who are viewing this thread