Abu Ogogo (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Another striker, unless JCH is that striker. The only signing with question marks for me.

I agree. I like JP, think he could turn into a quality striker, but if we’re genuinely aiming for promotion, I can’t see him or Biamou giving us the firepower needed. There’s also question marks over JCH, but he’s had a good season in L1 in the past. I’m unsure whether we need a nippy poacher type player or a man mountain for set pieces to come off the bench.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree. I like JP, think he could turn into a quality striker, but if we’re genuinely aiming for promotion, I can’t see him or Biamou giving us the firepower needed. There’s also question marks over JCH, but he’s had a good season in L1 in the past. I’m unsure whether we need a nippy poacher type player or a man mountain for set pieces to come off the bench.

It's frustrating that Eisa has so long left on his contract at Cheltenham as he has elements of both. Ideally we'd be loaning out Ponticelli to L2 for at least the first half of the season and investing in an Eisa-esque forward.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's frustrating that Eisa has so long left on his contract at Cheltenham as he has elements of both. Ideally we'd be loaning out Ponticelli to L2 for at least the first half of the season and investing in an Eisa-esque forward.

We don’t really need two goalscoring strikers. How many 4-4-2 systems at our level have that? We’ve already got a striker who can score goals, so we’ve got to diversify the options we have. Biamou and JCH have similar utilities as players and McNulty is our go to man. Whether or not we need a striker or not is down to how Robins intends to use Allassani. Does he play in a 4-4-2 with McNulty, a 4-2-3-1 either behind the striker or on either wing (he and Jones could certainly interchange well, but risks exposing the defence)?

I’ve just done a quick depth chart and we have plenty of good options in central areas, but our wide options are limited to: Jones, Shipley, Vincenti and Allassani (Andreu and Bayliss can fill in there too). We could do with a natural right footed winger. That nearly cost us a before Bayliss’ emergence at RM.

Grendel

Oh no! He had a fight as a 20 year old kid in a pub!

Truly another Marlon King!

*clutches pearls*

Well he did get a suspended eight month prison sentence

djr8369

Why are fans obsessed with wingers? We did not have one at all for the run in after Jones was injured. We have two now, Jones and the guy from Dulwich. That is enough

Do people mean right midfielder rather than winger though? Depends what system and formation we’ll be using but we barely played with a winger at all for most of last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Well he did get a suspended eight month prison sentence

Suspended and not enforced because he complied with his community service. So he actually got community service.

You want to brand every kid that has a fight for life?

Nick

Administrator
INTERVIEW: Abu Ogogo Can't Wait To Get Started

One thing that seems to be apparent is that our own players seem to be scouting and we are getting players known to our players.

It's a good sign they are all buying into what Robins wants to do and encourage players they have played with at other clubs.

I know Junior (Brown) and Jack Grimmer from Shrewsbury and Jodi (Jones) and Liam O’Brien from my time at Dagenham, so there’s a couple I know already which will help me to settle in, but even if I joined and didn’t know anyone at the club I’m sure the boys would’ve made me feel welcome anyway.

Nonleagueherewecome

INTERVIEW: Abu Ogogo Can't Wait To Get Started

One thing that seems to be apparent is that our own players seem to be scouting and we are getting players known to our players.

It's a good sign they are all buying into what Robins wants to do and encourage players they have played with at other clubs.

I've not played Football Manager for a few years so don't know if it's still a feature, but back in about 06 you could ask a player to "recommend a player from a former club". Looks like Robins is a fan of that option! Worked well for me as I took Thurrock into the league, anyway. Awww, just read that they went bust at the end of last season IRL....

Mucca Mad Boys

I've not played Football Manager for a few years so don't know if it's still a feature, but back in about 06 you could ask a player to "recommend a player from a former club". Looks like Robins is a fan of that option! Worked well for me as I took Thurrock into the league, anyway. Awww, just read that they went bust at the end of last season IRL....

In FM14 and 15 our owners are ‘looking to leave’ — if only! — and I managed to get taken by an Indian, then Brazilian tycoon, took us European and Premiership glory. Given £13m to spend in L1 buyback FFP meant I couldn’t sign anyone bar a needed CB.

Though my first save for Cov in FM14 was more realistic, a ‘local businessman’ takes over, gives me fooooook all, I’m scrapping a squad for Championship survival. I’m refused pleas for an increased wage budget, I leak to the press, then I’m given an ultimatum and sacked... Unemployed then get a job at Donny, Cov relegated, headed for consecutive relegations so I have to restart because I don’t care about Donny and couldn’t stand to see my good work for us be destroyed in a season and a half...

djr8369

In FM14 and 15 our owners are ‘looking to leave’ — if only! — and I managed to get taken by an Indian, then Brazilian tycoon, took us European and Premiership glory. Given £13m to spend in L1 buyback FFP meant I couldn’t sign anyone bar a needed CB.

Though my first save for Cov in FM14 was more realistic, a ‘local businessman’ takes over, gives me fooooook all, I’m scrapping a squad for Championship survival. I’m refused pleas for an increased wage budget, I leak to the press, then I’m given an ultimatum and sacked... Unemployed then get a job at Donny, Cov relegated, headed for consecutive relegations so I have to restart because I don’t care about Donny and couldn’t stand to see my good work for us be destroyed in a season and a half...

I just bought last years FM on steam as it’s on sale during the World Cup. It’s insanely complex now. Westbrooke has good stats.

Mucca Mad Boys

I just bought last years FM on steam as it’s on sale during the World Cup. It’s insanely complex now. Westbrooke has good stats.

Complex in a good or bad way? I was tempted to get FM18 but I’ll wait and get 19 when it comes out!

Nonleagueherewecome

I still play fm12. Currently in 2028 with Cambridge as champs league winners amongst other titles. I'm not sad, this sort of thing impresses girls

I'm playing CM 96 atm on Dosbox. Great fun, so much faster and plenty enough depth for me. I have a Burnley side in what is now L2 going in about 2000 that features Paul Williams and Richard Shaw back together in defence, an ageing Gazza and Hungarian legend Tibor Simon in midfield and the young regen's of George Weah, Steve Bull and Ian Rush annihilating everyone up front. I'm working on an "update" of CM97, the one where you can run 3 leagues at once and which has all the lovely ground background pics, so a proper nostalgia-fest. Have already filled out all the stats of the blank Japanese youngsters like Nakata and Nakamura and updated a few English sides to make them more realistic. I will do a VERY comprehensive overhaul of the City squad: John Eustace doesn't even have a position at the start and Strachan always gives Telfer a free transfer before a ball is kicked at present-got to fix that! Might be a year or so until it's done but when it is I might upload it here.

I've also got plans for a side-project where I then also add our 2018 squad in D3 (L2) with ages as if it was now.

Now THAT'S geeky! o_O

fatso

I'm playing CM 96 atm on Dosbox. Great fun, so much faster and plenty enough depth for me. I have a Burnley side in what is now L2 going in about 2000 that features Paul Williams and Richard Shaw back together in defence, an ageing Gazza and Hungarian legend Tibor Simon in midfield and the young regen's of George Weah, Steve Bull and Ian Rush annihilating everyone up front. I'm working on an "update" of CM97, the one where you can run 3 leagues at once and which has all the lovely ground background pics, so a proper nostalgia-fest. Have already filled out all the stats of the blank Japanese youngsters like Nakata and Nakamura and updated a few English sides to make them more realistic. I will do a VERY comprehensive overhaul of the City squad: John Eustace doesn't even have a position at the start and Strachan always gives Telfer a free transfer before a ball is kicked at present-got to fix that! Might be a year or so until it's done but when it is I might upload it here.

I've also got plans for a side-project where I then also add our 2018 squad in D3 (L2) with ages as if it was now.

Now THAT'S geeky! o_O
You do realise it’s sunny outside

djr8369

Complex in a good or bad way? I was tempted to get FM18 but I’ll wait and get 19 when it comes out!

Bit too much going on for me but been several years since I’ve played it so a lot of new features have been introduced. Will just take some getting used to I think. You can leave staff to perform any task you don’t want to do anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread