90% of the crowd will protest (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The SISU Out campaign group are claiming that 90% of those at tomorrow night's League One game at the Ricoh Arena between Coventry City and Swindon Town will be supporting the protest.The SISU Out Group have issued a statement on their Facebook page:
"People still one thing we need to sort out , and please don't be alarmed that there's 5000 tickets sold we were never expecting 32,000 just because of a protest.
"90% of city fans if not more that are in the ground Monday will be on the protest !
"if you are not sticking to NOPM for this game we urge every single fan that has had enough of these lies from sisu to join us on Monday !
"The club are far from happy and they want less people on the protest as possible so let's do our best to get as many fans on it and get a strong loud and clear message across to sisu live on sky and in front of the local media that are there just to cover this protest."

The latest statement from the SISU Out campaign group says that security will be stepped up by the club tomorrow night for Coventry City's League One game against Swindon Town.The match is already a high profile due to trouble when City last played Swindon at the Ricoh Arena and with the protest planned, security has been stepped up even further,
The latest statement from the SISU Out campaign group who are behind the protest is as follows:
"We have been made aware that the security is being stepped up by the club tomorrow and that has to be seen as a positive, that means we are having an effect already and Fisher and co don't want this which is great .

pb2875

I'm not attending the game tonight due to the planned protest - Shoot me down if you wish.

I've been to almost every home game since we returned to the Ricoh and I'm not a SISU supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm an Ex-Coventry City Employee and a fanatical supporter. I want to watch my team play in Coventry.

Yes, we're all fed up of SISU and desperately want to see our beloved Sky Blues in the upper reaches of the english game, but do we really think protests are having any effect on the owners?

Quite frankly, I don't care who the clubs owners are, I'm just glad we're back in Coventry, still in business and that I can watch the team play!

PUSB!

Nick

Administrator
I don't think the protest should stop you going. Just don't take part or sit away from it?

pb2875

I alway sit in Singers corner, to experience the atmosphere and don't want to be mixed up in this hoo-ha!

Nick

Administrator
Just sit somewhere else for one game then? Try it from somewhere else for a change! :)

oldfiver

I alway sit in Singers corner, to experience the atmosphere and don't want to be mixed up in this hoo-ha!

I would go as I do not expect much of a hoo ha. Just move along a few rows and then move back when they have finished ( all 10 of them)

Not going is what they want!!

Nick

Administrator
Reckon he'll be able to find a seat?

Will be a struggle. Although you can bet whichever other one he picks it will be somebody elses. Always happens to me :( In the middle of hundreds it is actually somebody elses seat so I have to move!

jimmyhillsfanclub

How do they arrive at the figure of 90%? Have they actually asked anyone who does not froth at the mouth on the protests social media pages?

Ashdown

Will a peaceful placard type protest stop:

Fishers repetitive lies about a new stadium ?
Stop SISU's manipulation of club finances ?
Force the accounts to be posted on time ?
Stop the imminent court cases ?
Gain sympathy from the football league authorities ?

I'm certainly not against reminding the hedge fund that they are fooling no-one but I'm afraid that's all it will do at best, most people will sit on their hands and let it pass with a whimper.

Nick

Administrator
How do they arrive at the figure of 90%? Have they actually asked anyone who does not froth at the mouth on the protests social media pages?

Could be the same as them saying it was fact about consortiums and then slowly going further back on it when questioned. Then moaning about the club bullshitting...

Nonleagueherewecome

And anyone who does not protest is a "scab" etc etc etc and It will all turn into a huge name calling contest

Why? "Live and let live" and all that. Those who want to protest should protest, those who don't, don't. Simple enough, isn't it?

Nonleagueherewecome

have they named themselves yet or are they still hiding behind the name sisu out

I thought it was just some fans who hate SISU. It doesn't matter who they are, surely? I don't care and I don't know why anyone else does!

Littlewood Cov

I'm not attending the game tonight due to the planned protest - Shoot me down if you wish.

I've been to almost every home game since we returned to the Ricoh and I'm not a SISU supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm an Ex-Coventry City Employee and a fanatical supporter. I want to watch my team play in Coventry.

Yes, we're all fed up of SISU and desperately want to see our beloved Sky Blues in the upper reaches of the english game, but do we really think protests are having any effect on the owners?

Quite frankly, I don't care who the clubs owners are, I'm just glad we're back in Coventry, still in business and that I can watch the team play!

PUSB!

My thoughts exactly!

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't think the protest should stop you going. Just don't take part or sit away from it?

Not often we agree etc, but common ground with the common sense on this one :)

Littlewood Cov

Are you not going to go because of it?

Exactly right. All i've heard in the build up to this game is protest protest protest! jeez i bet they just hold up some signs and sing ' we want SISU out ' the whole game haha.. no thanks this will be the first game ive missed all season but for all the right reasons

Nonleagueherewecome

Will a peaceful placard type protest stop:

Fishers repetitive lies about a new stadium ?
Stop SISU's manipulation of club finances ?
Force the accounts to be posted on time ?
Stop the imminent court cases ?
Gain sympathy from the football league authorities ?

I'm certainly not against reminding the hedge fund that they are fooling no-one but I'm afraid that's all it will do at best, most people will sit on their hands and let it pass with a whimper.

If you object to something, you have a right to articulate your unhappiness by protesting. It doesn't have to achieve anything. Besides, pent up rage is unhealthy: it's good to get it out of the system every so often! God knows that SISU deserve criticism, so lets shout at them for a bit! If anyone objects to the extent that they aren't going to the game...well I'm sorry, but that is pathetic. Why do you object? To what exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread