90% of the crowd will protest (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Exactly right. All i've heard in the build up to this game is protest protest protest! jeez i bet they just hold up some signs and sing ' we want SISU out ' the whole game haha.. no thanks this will be the first game ive missed all season but for all the right reasons

Why not just sit away from it though? Sit over by the family stand and watch the game? If you don't want to protest then don't.

If you read my threads I hardly agree with this group in most things, no need to stop you from going though. If I don't want to I just won't join in. If they want to shout and sing songs it is up to them! Don't have to agree.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

I thought it was just some fans who hate SISU. It doesn't matter who they are, surely? I don't care and I don't know why anyone else does!

yeah and then at 8pm it come out it was Leicester fans taking the piss and we have all just been part of their piss take of our club on tv. something similar happened at a college football game in america.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think he was being sarcastic, but you are right. That is how simple it should be! (and hopefully will be)

Sarcasm needs a tone of voice, darn it! There's even an established theory now that any point can be misconstrued when read on an internet forum...

ajsccfc

I'll be there and right by the apparent epicentre of the protest, but I'm not into it personally, good luck to the people involved. Can't see where 90% is coming from though, I'd be hugely surprised by that.

Ashdown

If you object to something, you have a right to articulate your unhappiness by protesting. It doesn't have to achieve anything. Besides, pent up rage is unhealthy: it's good to get it out of the system every so often! God knows that SISU deserve criticism, so lets shout at them for a bit! If anyone objects to the extent that they aren't going to the game...well I'm sorry, but that is pathetic. Why do you object? To what exactly?

I'm not objecting, I hate the bastards !! I'm just saying they won't listen that's all. While they legally play by the rules we have to wait until they are good and ready to move on and I suggest it will be after their next court loss and not before ! Good luck to all those who protest !

Nonleagueherewecome

yeah and then at 8pm it come out it was Leicester fans taking the piss and we have all just been part of their piss take of our club on tv. something similar happened at a college football game in america.

1) Do they really care about us any more?
2) Do they have the smarts to think up something like that?
3) If so, who cares? Coventry fans protesting about something that they are unhappy about = Coventry fans protesting about something that they are unhappy about. The origins are of no interest or concern, the feelings articulated at the time of the protest are genuine, regardless. Indeed I'd thank them for doing us a favour and giving us a kick up the arse to protest for once!
4) Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they're not after you. However, in this case, I think you may be being a teensy weensy bit paranoid!

ajsccfc

A lot of protests do fall on deaf ears, but that should never be a reason to prevent them. The opposite if anything.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm not objecting, I hate the bastards !! I'm just saying they won't listen that's all. While they legally play by the rules we have to wait until they are good and ready to move on and I suggest it will be after their next court loss and not before ! Good luck to all those who protest !

You are probably right, but throughout history millions have protested in vain-doesn't make their cause any the less righteous. If you feel it, articulate it. "It's not a results business" ;)

Nick

Administrator
The only thing I can't get my head around if people going just for the protest and being more excited by a protest than the football. By all means do both and I hope they do.

WestEndAgro

Exactly right. All i've heard in the build up to this game is protest protest protest! jeez i bet they just hold up some signs and sing ' we want SISU out ' the whole game haha.. no thanks this will be the first game ive missed all season but for all the right reasons

Top Wumming

Ian1779

I think it would be rather amusing if there was a goal or penalty in the 7th and 57th minute....

Nonleagueherewecome

I think it would be rather amusing if there was a goal or penalty in the 7th and 57th minute....

Equally, I just can't get my head around the idea of people who are prepared to mock their fellow supporters just because they don't agree with their protest. That's just being a dick.

Nick

Administrator
Equally, I just can't get my head around the idea of people who are prepared to mock their fellow supporters just because they don't agree with their protest. That's just being a dick.

I guess it comes from the past where people were abused for not protesting and going to games.

Nonleagueherewecome

I guess it comes from the past where people were abused for not protesting and going to games.

You mean the Sixfields era? I dunno really, I kinda checked out for the whole season, but I was under the impression that most fans who went and most fans who didn't respected each others views. You get the odd shouty type on places like here that seem to ring the loudest when in reality they're in a tiny minority. I got told to shut up when I chanted "SISU Out" back at the Ricoh during the relegation season, that did P me off a bit. But I never gave anyone flak for not joining in and I never saw that happen. And I managed to work with Torch for a year of Sixfields and did not abuse him once for going. Like I said, "live and let live". And another hackneyed phrase that seems relevant at these times, "United We Stand, Divided We Fall". That doesn't mean that everyone has to agree, just to show a bit of respect for fellow CCFC fans who all want the best for the club, surely? :)

Nick

Administrator
You mean the Sixfields era? I dunno really, I kinda checked out for the whole season, but I was under the impression that most fans who went and most fans who didn't respected each others views. You get the odd shouty type on places like here that seem to ring the loudest when in reality they're in a tiny minority. I got told to shut up when I chanted "SISU Out" back at the Ricoh during the relegation season, that did P me off a bit. But I never gave anyone flak for not joining in and I never saw that happen. And I managed to work with Torch for a year of Sixfields and did not abuse him once for going. Like I said, "live and let live". And another hackneyed phrase that seems relevant at these times, "United We Stand, Divided We Fall". That doesn't mean that everyone has to agree, just to show a bit of respect for fellow CCFC fans who all want the best for the club, surely? :)

You must have properly checked out then ;)

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

4) Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they're not after you. However, in this case, I think you may be being a teensy weensy bit paranoid!

lmao your the first person to ever say that to me, i use that phrase all the time lol

i wont be taking part because i dont want to if i did it would be to hold a sign saying compare and id dress as the go compare bloke but thats a different story

Nonleagueherewecome

You must have properly checked out then ;)

Oh, I did-but when I was on here, there was a small handful of fans who called Sixfielders "scabs". Most who didn't go said that they don't agree with it, but they'd never have a go at fellow fans for supporting their team. I think that was the majority view of non-attendees last season. Either way, it needs putting behind us rather than remaining as a fault line to forever divide the fans, doesn't it? Forward, to the future! (and oblivion, possibly!).

Nonleagueherewecome

lmao your the first person to ever say that to me, i use that phrase all the time lol

i wont be taking part because i dont want to if i did it would be to hold a sign saying compare and id dress as the go compare bloke but thats a different story

I won't, because I'm not going, but it I was, I would have to take a placard either saying "Down With This Sort Of Thing" or "Careful, Now" :)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm not attending the game tonight due to the planned protest - Shoot me down if you wish.

I've been to almost every home game since we returned to the Ricoh and I'm not a SISU supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm an Ex-Coventry City Employee and a fanatical supporter. I want to watch my team play in Coventry.

Yes, we're all fed up of SISU and desperately want to see our beloved Sky Blues in the upper reaches of the english game, but do we really think protests are having any effect on the owners?

Quite frankly, I don't care who the clubs owners are, I'm just glad we're back in Coventry, still in business and that I can watch the team play!

PUSB!

So what's stopping you from watching the team tonight? Answer nothing. Oh yes a few people are going to protest how shamefull. I really love this I hate sisu but,I'm not a sisu supporter by any stretch of the imagination but,if you're not going tonight you're not going don't look for an excuse you're not going and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

. If they want to shout and sing songs it is up to them! Don't have to agree.

Yeah I always wonder why a SISU Out chant annoys some. Guess I can understand it's negative during a game when the focus should be on the team maybe but... not like SISU IN is a wonderful alternative, is it.

And from someone who's quite quiet ;) even a SISU OUT chant has to be better than the morbid silence drifting around the place...

jimmyhillsfanclub

So what's stopping you from watching the team tonight? Answer nothing. Oh yes a few people are going to protest how shamefull. I really love this I hate sisu but,I'm not a sisu supporter by any stretch of the imagination but,if you're not going tonight you're not going don't look for an excuse you're not going and that's it.

Very true.....no need to apologise or make excuses for not going....

That said, I'm not going because:

1. I can't be arsed
2. Its on in my local pub
3. My local pub is 120 miles north of the ricoh.

Nick

Administrator

Same could be said when it's people not going due to ticket prices, SISU etc though couldn't it? When anybody mentions it they usually get the "Oh aren't all city fans rubbish" line from you or LAST.

Whenever I or somebody else mentions people not supporting their team they get hammered, until now they say it disagrees with a protest and your view.

(I have also said I disagree with this, for the record)

ecky

Like the French we live in a free country at the moment so freedom of speech is still everyone's right..

People have short memories of our owners I for one are in the "get Sisu out" clan
Doesn't make me a bad person just my opinion, if your happy with the way things are then just sit on your hands tonight and keep your mouth closed.
Many aren't happy so fair play to them...

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Nick that's rubbish and you know it the guy was saying he's not going specifically because there will be a protest that's like me saying I'm not going to a game because there won't be one.. How the hell is a protest stopping someone from going to a game? Another thing you know as well as I do that only 20 or 30 will join in and if we score in the first minute it'll be forgotten anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Nick that's rubbish and you know it the guy was saying he's not going specifically because there will be a protest that's like me saying I'm not going to a game because there won't be one.. How the hell is a protest stopping someone from going to a game? Another thing you know as well as I do that only 20 or 30 will join in and if we score in the first minute it'll be forgotten anyway.

I agree with you it shouldn't stop him. The same as in my opinion SISU shouldn't stop people from watching football, or the ticket price excuse, or the league position excuse, or the other things that could be classed as excuse and then I get the old "city fans are shit" line.

Nick

Administrator
Like the French we live in a free country at the moment so freedom of speech is still everyone's right..

People have short memories of our owners I for one are in the "get Sisu out" clan
Doesn't make me a bad person just my opinion, if your happy with the way things are then just sit on your hands tonight and keep your mouth closed.
Many aren't happy so fair play to them...

Who has short memories?

Ian1779

It's not really mocking is it?
The fact is that if there is an incident on the pitch during that time, the camera won't give a shit about some cards in the crowd.

I'd much rather be talking about how fired up for the game the fans are... not how excited they are to wave a bit of paper in the air.

It's a shame that the same level of passion isn't demonstrated consistently.

Evo1883

Im not protesting , i want sisu out ofcourse , but i dont want to spill my coffee

LB87ccfc

So is this going to be one big bitch fight over the next couple of days on here, if people want to protest let them, if people do not want to protest let them, a red card waving in the air is going to do fuck all, and will gain 30 seconds of coverage, but if people feel they have played a part by doing this let them, if people do not want to hold up a cardboard card for 1 minute and sing, then let them get on with it.

Each to their own, but ffs lets not all fall out over it please ( im saying this before anyone starts too)

LB87ccfc

Can anyone give me a statistical breakdown of what the other 10% will be doing?

Certainly -

0.7% will be in the bar watching the game on the screens
1.3% will be booing Fleck at every misplace pass
2.7% will be saying to their friend next to them oh dear that protest looks shocking
0.3% will be reading the programme as the game goes by
3% will be freezing to death
1% will have their finger frozen up their nose
1% will be saying "well they are so mean to that Fisher"

Users who are viewing this thread