4000 to Notts County Possible? (1 Viewer)

M&B Stand

Wikipedia suggests that the end holds 5700 but Portsmouth sold out only 4500 last season. I'd imagine there are big restrictions that limit it.

Stands with say, 5700 seats rarely hold that many these days, it’s the job of someone with a high viz and clipboard to come up with a reason why it can no longer hold that many and present it to the Safety Advisory Group.
If you question why teams can’t have the full number of seats, it’s always health and safety or police advice. Especially the further down the leagues you go. See front rows and side blocks pointlessly netted off at grounds all around the lower leagues.

better days

Stands with say, 5700 seats rarely hold that many these days, it’s the job of someone with a high viz and clipboard to come up with a reason why it can no longer hold that many and present it to the Safety Advisory Group.
If you question why teams can’t have the full number of seats, it’s always health and safety or police advice. Especially the further down the leagues you go. See front rows and side blocks pointlessly netted off at grounds all around the lower leagues.
And at the London (Olympic) stadium
Same excuse been used although West Ham want to sell the extra seats

tskezz

I think we took around 4,000 under Pressley one year. We lost 3-0 and I’ve not seen a worse performance since
Worse away ever. Got on the train in Cov to be told there was a tree on the tracks so no trains were going but we could make our way to Brum International to get one, got a taxi there to then be told there wasn't a train for an hour or so, then got another taxi to New Street and had to sprint to catch a train to Derby to then go to Notts.

Finally arrived at the ground completely sobered up and it was half time, the stewards had closed the doors but once we'd explained the chaos we'd been through they let us in. Grabbed the first city fan in there to ask how its going, he told us we were 2-0 down and hadn't had a shot yet. After 30-40 mins of the the shitest football we've ever played thought fuck this lets go the pub, as we were walking down the river heading back to town heard a massive cheer... 3-0... and it then started raining.

But cant wait for this one :nailbiting:

ceetee

Just bought another ticket. Thought it might be difficult to get on-line but no problems at all

Johhny Blue

Worse away ever. Got on the train in Cov to be told there was a tree on the tracks so no trains were going but we could make our way to Brum International to get one, got a taxi there to then be told there wasn't a train for an hour or so, then got another taxi to New Street and had to sprint to catch a train to Derby to then go to Notts.

Finally arrived at the ground completely sobered up and it was half time, the stewards had closed the doors but once we'd explained the chaos we'd been through they let us in. Grabbed the first city fan in there to ask how its going, he told us we were 2-0 down and hadn't had a shot yet. After 30-40 mins of the the shitest football we've ever played thought fuck this lets go the pub, as we were walking down the river heading back to town heard a massive cheer... 3-0... and it then started raining.

But cant wait for this one :nailbiting:
Was there beer at the pub?

pastythegreat

Any update on ticket sales since the new batch went on sale today?
I went and got my tickets at about half 2 this afternoon. Was told then there were just short of 4 blocks left, whatever that equates to I'm not sure. She also said this is it and there will be no more after these are sold.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

smileycov

Facebook User
Lincoln took about 4.5k, any news on further allocation for us? Turning into a critical game tbf

CV22SBA

With Cheltenham likely to have nothing to play for, you’d hope the club would speak to them to ask about the possibility of a larger allocation.
I believe FA rules state you are only allowed to give a maximum of 15% to away fans which is what they also do in the FA cup. An alloaction of 1100 would be 15% already.

Terry Gibson's perm

I believe FA rules state you are only allowed to give a maximum of 15% to away fans which is what they also do in the FA cup. An alloaction of 1100 would be 15% already.

Can’t see that how many do we normally take to Milton Keynes

Sky Blue Harry H

100%

Could cause issues if they don’t look to give a bigger allocation.

My brother in law lives in Cheltenham - if I can't get one for our end, I'm going in with them as a last resort. 7,066 capacity (3,912 of which seating)

Cov kid 55

Wimbledon and Spurs away when we stayed up (although it was like an episode of The Bill after the Spurs game). I still dine out on the events following that game!
Why, what happened? We were congratulated by good natured Spurs fans after the game. ‘Well done Cov’ comments like that. Mind you, we live near Newcastle, and on the trip home up the A1, we took dog’s abuse from Sunderland fans travelling in the same direction, after their defeat at Wimbledon and consequent relegation!

CCFC54321

Wimbledon and Spurs away when we stayed up (although it was like an episode of The Bill after the Spurs game). I still dine out on the events following that game!
It was all good natured as we walked to the tube station then a group of spurs fans ran across the road and smashed a house brick into the mouth of the guy in front of me. The coppers froze and didn’t know what to do so I had to start treating first aid until an ambulance arrived. Blood pumping out of his mouth like a fountain. I still wonder to this day how the guy got on afterwards.

DannyThomas_1981

I was there as well and saw both sides.
Hand shakes and congratulations at first from some of the friendly Londoners.
Minutes later I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and in the midst of a clearly pre-arranged punch up between the Legion and their equivalents on the other side. At this point I would love to say that I piled in with the Legion and held my own but I was on my toes and out of there - not my scene!

Users who are viewing this thread