4000 to Notts County Possible? (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I'm away on holiday in Weymouth for the Notts County game, but if anyone on here is Dorset based I will gladly car share to Nottingham and back for the day.

PM me

rob9872

One of my favourite away days (the Grealish game, aside) but going to miss it as am in Barcelona - kidnapping Messi (as promised on another thread). I have just checked Ryanair's hand luggage measurements, and he should just fit in, though I may have to gag him to avoid detection at customs.
But could he hack it on a cold night at Forest Green? :)

SkyBlueSoul

One of my favourite away days (the Grealish game, aside) but going to miss it as am in Barcelona - kidnapping Messi (as promised on another thread). I have just checked Ryanair's hand luggage measurements, and he should just fit in, though I may have to gag him to avoid detection at customs.

We could save some hassle and just bundle him into a car after he’s played for Argentina at the Etihad on Friday

skybluepm2

Still tickets available in block 6 if anyone wants upper tier tickets. Make sure you select this block, and not ‘best available’ otherwise it shows as not available

Just did the same after trying and failing earlier on. Nice one cov4theprem!

Also got my Newport tickets. Going to be an exciting run in!

fernandopartridge

Was thinking of going with a mate. Just checked the trains. £85.60 and would have to leave just after 7 and get back after midnight. Or just under 4 hours drive but then my mate couldn't drink. Sounds like a weekend away in Nottingham. Would be cheaper to drive and stay in a hotel.
Nottingham is awful to get to for a large city. Best part of 2 hours from Manchester as well despite being 60-70 miles as the crow flies

Astute

Coventry is no better. You have to get past Birmingham. And they always seem to be digging up the M6 somewhere there. Saturday morning can be a mare.

clint van damme

I got 1 adult and 1 child 29 quid return from new st which i didnt think was too bad. Think its only like 2.50 from cov to birmingham aint it?

That's not too bad. Think it was a bit more when I priced it up. I'll look again.

Astute

I got 1 adult and 1 child 29 quid return from new st which i didnt think was too bad. Think its only like 2.50 from cov to birmingham aint it?
Just over £170 for two of us from here.

I now have 6 cars :smuggrin: I am taking the most economical one to my sister in France tomorrow. But I will still have 3 that are not bad and do about 30mpg with the way I drive. So about £60 return in car. After hotel we will be left with beer token money against the price of train tickets. And dinner at Hooters for us old perverts :smug:

Modcons86

Just over £170 for two of us from here.

I now have 6 cars :smuggrin: I am taking the most economical one to my sister in France tomorrow. But I will still have 3 that are not bad and do about 30mpg with the way I drive. So about £60 return in car. After hotel we will be left with beer token money against the price of train tickets. And dinner at Hooters for us old perverts :smug:
Any cheap childminders about that way? Ill meet you in hooters ;) haha

Astute

Any cheap childminders about that way? Ill meet you in hooters ;) haha
France, here or Nottingham?

Sister has a pub in France. Going with a mate for a very long weekend. Nottingham is going to be a lads weekend. Suppose there will be a few of us heading for Hooters. Should be a hoot :smuggrin:

Tommo72

A figure of 5700 has been banded around as the maximum Notts County have allowed before, any idea where the other 1700 go? I’d imagine that would be very unlikely anyway.

pusbccfc

A figure of 5700 has been banded around as the maximum Notts County have allowed before, any idea where the other 1700 go? I’d imagine that would be very unlikely anyway.

Wikipedia suggests that the end holds 5700 but Portsmouth sold out only 4500 last season. I'd imagine there are big restrictions that limit it.

wingy

The seats are a bit cramped as I recall but not as bad as Peterborough.
Not That it matters as everyone is likely to stand.
Can anyone remember the last time when we took 4K+,there was a lad who took a bit of stick If I remember, bit of a row went on, everyone thought he was off his tits but had learning difficulties.
Also very tight for space behind the stand getting a pint or pie.

Users who are viewing this thread