4000 to Notts County Possible? (3 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

We never won at Leicester’s new ground did we?

8 visits, 6 defeats and 2 draws

Otis

So, another massive following, another let down from the team.

We need to stop playing big games.

SkyBlueSoul

I know this is scant consolation after yesterday, but I thought I'd share this with you. My housemate (Barca fan etc. that I mentioned in another thread) was genuinely blown away by our support yesterday.* Not just impressed, but blown away. At various points in the first half he kept taking his phone out to record videos of the fans to send to friends and put on social media, and 3 things impressed him most.

Firstly, the sheer number of us. He could not get his head around how a 4th division club could take over 4000 fans to an away game (yes I've told him about Old Trafford, MK, Wembley etc). We turned up an hour before kick off and he kept commenting on how many fans there were as the number kept growing until you could barely move in the concourse. When we got to our seats he looked around then turned to me incredulously and asked "Is this...is this whole stand just your fans?"

Secondly, how loud we were, especially when the players came out and the first full blown rendition of the Sky Blue song started and most of the 1st half.

Thirdly, the intensity and passion of support in terms of flares and people on the pitch. Not something I condone but he was amazed that a 4th division club had these kind of issues. It was actually something that impressed him and one of the things he took the most pictures of :emoji_joy:

Like I said, in the grand scheme of things this is completely trivial but it made me smile and was the slightest silver lining when discussing the game afterwards.

Caveats
1) I realise away support is seen slightly differently in La Liga/Spain generally, and evening kick offs in a country much bigger than ours leads to small away followings on the whole
2) I've roughly explained our past and he knows we're technically a big club in this league

Users who are viewing this thread