21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (2 Viewers)

Mcbean

It will be points deducted at the beginning of the season I think - would be surprised if they were relegated

long way home

I would imagine next week things will get busier on the news front. I would not be surprised if MR already has had an answer from James, maybe a player/coach role would be attractive to him. He will be waiting on more talks with Paterson and will have to wait on decisions of club and player in regards to Leo and Viktor. A new coach could be the 1st to be announced, so it's bound to be a busy week or two.

What is apparent is the change in structure, credit to the club for moving things forward and bringing the club up to the level we are playing at. You can see a foundation is being built with a plan in place to move on field off field together. For years it's not something that has gone hand in hand. MR, i assume is the driving force behind the philosophy, if so MR is the clubs biggest asset and has got to be given a free hand. He with DB have pulled us up off our arses and deserve backing and ultimate credit for the direction we are taking.

Tough season a head but I think we will be ok, stay up and would be targeting to finish higher than last season. If we get this we will be in a stronger position to push on again. So it's calm before the storm, a rotating door then it will be 1st pre season game before we know it.

Skybluebeliever

I would expect the first team coach to be announced very soon , think two strikers are probably sorted and will be announced , think the area of concern will be midfield , it appears James and Walsh will not come , sheaf could be confirmed but this leaves us weak in this area

Sky Blue Harry H

I would expect the first team coach to be announced very soon , think two strikers are probably sorted and will be announced , think the area of concern will be midfield , it appears James and Walsh will not come , sheaf could be confirmed but this leaves us weak in this area

We were not weak in midfield last season (and did not have Walsh). Eccles steps up, Sheaf will hopefully develop. At most we need one more central midfielder (unless Hamer leaves) and I assume Allen will be moved on if possible. Do you have inside knowledge re: 2 x strikers? (apologies but haven't read your previous posting history!)

fernandopartridge

I would imagine next week things will get busier on the news front. I would not be surprised if MR already has had an answer from James, maybe a player/coach role would be attractive to him. He will be waiting on more talks with Paterson and will have to wait on decisions of club and player in regards to Leo and Viktor. A new coach could be the 1st to be announced, so it's bound to be a busy week or two.

What is apparent is the change in structure, credit to the club for moving things forward and bringing the club up to the level we are playing at. You can see a foundation is being built with a plan in place to move on field off field together. For years it's not something that has gone hand in hand. MR, i assume is the driving force behind the philosophy, if so MR is the clubs biggest asset and has got to be given a free hand. He with DB have pulled us up off our arses and deserve backing and ultimate credit for the direction we are taking.

Tough season a head but I think we will be ok, stay up and would be targeting to finish higher than last season. If we get this we will be in a stronger position to push on again. So it's calm before the storm, a rotating door then it will be 1st pre season game before we know it.

James is 29, a player coach role

long way home

James is 29, a player coach role

I remarked about an incentive with coaching as part of a deal, this is purely an opinion on what he states in his interview. He hasn't got the qualifications at pro level to be a pro coach, which is why I wrote we will probably announce a coach within next two weeks, you must see I was not talking about James.

An incentive to him maybe a club that will support him doing the lincenses, help him gain coaching experience within the club while working under highly qualified coaches. He is still a player but working in a club that is looking to his future could be something he would be interested in. It would be something I would put on the table, knowing his plans, that's all I was posting.

long way home

That's how we are going to tempt Mbappe to join us over the summer... On your days off Kylian, can you travel up to the arse end of Scotland to scout the u/16s Highland League.

Yep, makes complete sense now. But I must of missed the interview Mbappe gave when he played for us, talking about a career in coaching and a desire to scout if coaching fell on it's arse.😂

Never mentioned it as a way of signing players, just one who wants to coach.

And never said scouting, but obviously you need to grab something and conflate it even though it's two different jobs, but you know that already. Amazing 2 words out of a sentence create false reaction.

no_loyalty

The Derby situation will become much clearer in the next couple of weeks. The EFL are due to publish their findings/punishment. Additionally Gary Cook who led the Man City takeover deal is fronting a new bid from an American consortium to buy Derby.
Both those situations will have a major impact on their finances .... along with the settlement for Richard Keogh

The EFL need to communicate this soon then, as the fixtures will be announced on Thursday.

CDK

The one thing that isn't going to change the release of fixtures Thursday and think derby future will be championship with pionts deduction and if Wycombe challenge it through the courts it's then up to them as the EFL have decided the same out come as sheff we'd last season.

Barnsley

Not a transfer, but a manager moving between Championship clubs. It’s being reported that Ismael from Barnsley is being lined up for the West Brom job.
Itll be interesting to see what impact that has on both clubs recruitment

Very little in our case I would have thought.

They will have a couple of Championship ready managers already in their set up

Not done bad at identifying head coaches on the last three occasions, we’ve got around £5M in cash for them, and they’ve all improved the club. Even if he isn’t already within the owners set up, I should imagine the next ones been lined up a while, and with the owners recent track record I wouldn’t bet against him improving the club further.

Colin Steins Smile

Very little in our case I would have thought.

Not done bad at identifying head coaches on the last three occasions, we’ve got around £5M in cash for them, and they’ve all improved the club. Even if he isn’t already within the owners set up, I should imagine the next ones been lined up a while, and with the owners recent track record I wouldn’t bet against him improving the club further.
Just make sure that MR isn’t on their list

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I know he is 34 , but maybe we should look at Tim sparv , finnish defensive midfielder , has looked decent in the euros , last played in the greek first division , is currently without a club , wages shouldn’t be too high , maybe worth a punt?

SlowerThanPlatt

Is he a bit like Wilson where has always been a number two, and not made that many first team appearances? He is a full international though 😂.

It’s worth considering he’s been number 2 in the Premier League and a club who got promoted out of this league, Wilson was number 2 in League 1 and 2.

Users who are viewing this thread