21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (5 Viewers)

Seb

Don't know if the accounts legit but this popped up on twitter. Is it true we get a 15% of the 15% Norwich would get for the sale?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210618-150207.png
    Screenshot_20210618-150207.png
    472.7 KB · Views: 136

SlowerThanPlatt

Don't know if the accounts legit but this popped up on twitter. Is it true we get a 15% of the 15% Norwich would get for the sale?

He’s not verified and has a few thousand followers so I would suspect the account isn’t. The latter is true though, all hail Chris Anderson.

cc84cov

From what I've heard Bristol, but not officially signed yet. Until that point I suppose there's still hope but I wouldn't get hopes up too much.
Yeah I agree can’t see how he won’t want to go there,better money & playing for Nigel Pearson

blunted

Hypothetical question as there will be changes. If no one comes in and no one goes out I think we would be looking at probably being in the bottom 3 next season. Interesting to see how opinions will change as we bring players in or players leave. Interested in peoples opinions as things develop. Do you think we will be in deep poop if we don't strengthen properly?

Brighton Sky Blue

Hypothetical question as there will be changes. If no one comes in and no one goes out I think we would be looking at probably being in the bottom 3 next season. Interesting to see how opinions will change as we bring players in or players leave. Interested in peoples opinions as things develop. Do you think we will be in deep poop if we don't strengthen properly?

I think every team faces that risk if they recruit poorly-but nobody can really comment in mid June. QPR and Luton have done good business but it's been quiet or so-so from the rest so far.

higgs

Hopefully we would finish above the 3 promoted teams if we don't strengthen but we would be very short if we ran into injuries our first 11 Would be strong enough if no injuries

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cooperskyblue

Well hypothetically yes it would be tough as the squad is weaker with the loan players having returned. But we will strengthen and strengthen Well. I look at the signings made by the likes of Huddersfield, Luton, Hull and Blackpool and would have been underwhelmed if we had signed them. Do I am excited that we are looking and hopefully looking to sign better players of a better calibre than those that have already committed to those teams.

CDK

With borroughs,Eccles,bapaga getting closer.A fully fit godden and walker plus Jones back to full fitness we will still be better equipped to stay out of the bottom 3 maybe only just .if we add a bit more quality and another older head or 2 in back up we will be comfortable and get good results.

wingy

Well hypothetically yes it would be tough as the squad is weaker with the loan players having returned. But we will strengthen and strengthen Well. I look at the signings made by the likes of Huddersfield, Luton, Hull and Blackpool and would have been underwhelmed if we had signed them. Do I am excited that we are looking and hopefully looking to sign better players of a better calibre than those that have already committed to those teams.
Yeah but this doesn't take into account that we have lost Max!! 😉

Bugsy

I hope your right but I can’t see how he don’t go to Bristol more money Nigel Pearson Danny Simpson and Andy king rumoured to be on his way

Nigel pearson a prick and Simpson and king are pushing there sell by dates and u dont know who we have lined up yet so u can't make them kind of assumptions...PUSB

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Nigel pearson a prick and Simpson and king are pushing there sell by dates and u dont know who we have lined up yet so u can't make them kind of assumptions...PUSB
We’re talking about Matty James though. Taking the money aspect out of it for a second. Pearson signed him and was central to his team at Leicester, Simpson and King are more than likely mates.

Just becuase you think Pearson is a prick, doesn’t mean his players do

Saddlebrains

Only hypothetical of course but in response to the posts above about what if we didnt add anyone, i think its nailed on that we would be relegated. Probably even bottom

Grendel

With borroughs,Eccles,bapaga getting closer.A fully fit godden and walker plus Jones back to full fitness we will still be better equipped to stay out of the bottom 3 maybe only just .if we add a bit more quality and another older head or 2 in back up we will be comfortable and get good results.

Borroughs and Bapagpa getting closer based on what? Jones is totally unknown at this level. No Ostigard, no mccallum only 2 strikers one with a fitness issue,

slowpoke

If Robins wants Matty James I’ll be very surprised he doesn’t get him. We are every bit as good as Bristol City if we have our full team, if Matty James @ Ostigard aren’t part of our first team group then Robins will have replacements every bit as good

Colin Steins Smile

I’m not sure how many on here listen to “The Price of Football“ podcast. This week they had the agent Tony Sharkey and he was reporting that clubs are currently offering contracts at 25-30% lower than previous years. Additionally, clubs in Championship have been financially hit hard .
Itll be interesting if we might offer a longer contract to players we are interested in, if the rate of pay is we offer is lower than other clubs. So giving players more security

Sky Blue Pete

I’m not sure how many on here listen to “The Price of Football“ podcast. This week they had the agent Tony Sharkey and he was reporting that clubs are currently offering contracts at 25-30% lower than previous years. Additionally, clubs in Championship have been financially hit hard .
Itll be interesting if we might offer a longer contract to players we are interested in, if the rate of pay is we offer is lower than other clubs. So giving players more security
Yep clubs playing hardball

David O'Day

We’re talking about Matty James though. Taking the money aspect out of it for a second. Pearson signed him and was central to his team at Leicester, Simpson and King are more than likely mates.

Just becuase you think Pearson is a prick, doesn’t mean his players do

A lot of them did

Grendel

Exuded calm - I like him, but wouldn't break the bank for him. Keeper, centre back, lwb and striker(s) more crucial.

We have I think being trying heaven and earth to get him and make him captain - let’s hold it’s not a case of history repeating itself with Mowbray and the defender he hung his hat on and failed his get

slowpoke

Been saying this on various threads for weeks now this close season is going to be very different new contracts are going to be reduced significantly and we ain’t seen nothing yet this seasons budgets are based on last years accounts the worst is yet to come next year so called “top” end clubs Bristol City, Stoke, Blackburn, Forest, Derby all fancied for promotion last season down amongst “the others” I believe our division has levelled out which could be good for us because of Robins/Viveash

Great_Expectations

Definitely not time to panic on the lack of signings front. We know we were in for Collins and Paterson, two players who would improve the squad, and the starting XI in the case of Paterson. We also know we’ve reached out re Gilmour. All signs of positive intent.

We also heard from Boddy directly that things are happening.

Plus we are fairly sure Sheaf and Dinanga have signed.

And it’s the Euros so it’ll slow things down.

And overall it’s a very different market this year and more of a buyers one, which may have an impact on players speed in agreeing terms.

Users who are viewing this thread