21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (4 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Zeki Fryers, been on the books at Manchester United, Crystal Palace and most recently Swindon, could be a suitable back up at 28 is a LB can also play CB, has played 20 games at premier league level, 35 at Championship level

Hobo

I would have thought any free agents we were looking at would be already here and training with us?

I think we will be looking at players under the age of 23 and probably a loan.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I would have thought any free agents we were looking at would be already here and training with us?

I think we will be looking at players under the age of 23 and probably a loan.
I was just searching free agents as requested but yeah loans will be the likely targets

Jesse Carver

Perhaps Muhamed Besic, recently released from Everton, 28 year old DM didnt really get a look in and is valued at 1.25 mil, could be a good squad player and brings a bit of versatility being able to play CB and RB, has played 52 games in the Championship and 46 in the premier league, teams he has featured for include Sheffield United, Middlesborough and Everton

We could dust down the Mo Konjic chant for him, although it might need a little tweak:-

"he comes from Bosnia, he's an average height fucker"

Grendel

It’s an educated guess based on current and past events - if the manager asked for £1m to get a player he thought could be the difference what do you think the answer would be?

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sky Blue Pete

It’s pretty obvious that they’re not willing to give us a bit extra
From who? Pretty sure boddy and robins have both said they’ve been supported but if you’re in the Grendel camp these two just parrot what they have to or they’d be sacked

Last edited:

KenilworthSkyBlue

From who? Pretty sure boddy and robins have both said they’ve been supported but if you’re in the Grendel camp these two just parrot what they have two or they’d be sacked

The budget is still the budget though. It won't change regardless of whether Robins goes to Joy empty porridge bowl in hand or not.

Not really sure how or why you're claiming otherwise.

Terry Gibson's perm

James Garner has gone to bottom of the table Forest on loan not sure if it has been said in here already.

Grendel

From who? Pretty sure boddy and robins have both said they’ve been supported but if you’re in the Grendel camp these two just parrot what they have to or they’d be sacked

What do you expect them to say.

We have signed 4 free transfers, two loans, 1 signed on a fee and another we have already had a commitment to buy

We have managed to offload 6 players and loaned 1 out.

The fee for Gyokres will be covered probably by add on payments this year from Norwich for McCallum.

We have a significant income hike by returning to Coventry and the £7m TV payments.

It is not exactly a big spending splurge

Grendel

I am sure also Boddy would have liked to also moan how COVID impacted the club last year and the owners had to be supportive

How does that actually work? The club would have not been preparing realistically for promotion that season and certainly were preparing for another season at St Andrews.

So what income has COVID lost? Essentially gate money at reduced pricing and levels of support net the cost of renting the pitch and also probably a negative impact on sponsorship.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Let’s see what happens between now and the end of august

Robins regularly alludes to the fact that the possibility of further signings depends on fringe/unwanted players being moved on. He's reiterated this in most, if not all transfer windows.

I think that probably suggests the budget is fairly rigid and that there's little to no further support given.

Liquid Gold

Joy wouldn't give us more money. She would have fuck all to do with our transfer activity and would probably just be the final signature on the budget the club gets for the year.

She'd only be involved further if we needed another loan to continue operating.

Sky Blue Pete

What do you expect them to say.

We have signed 4 free transfers, two loans, 1 signed on a fee and another we have already had a commitment to buy

We have managed to offload 6 players and loaned 1 out.

The fee for Gyokres will be covered probably by add on payments this year from Norwich for McCallum.

We have a significant income hike by returning to Coventry and the £7m TV payments.

It is not exactly a big spending splurge
Completely agree. Don’t think that would work in any case at the levels we are talking.

Sky Blue Pete

Joy wouldn't give us more money. She would have fuck all to do with our transfer activity and would probably just be the final signature on the budget the club gets for the year.

She'd only be involved further if we needed another loan to continue operating.
Mmmmmm think probably that’s not the case.

Think robins makes the case to joy they then agree what the budget is. Then any increase would need to be agreed probably between Mr Fisher and Ms Seppalla. You’ve got to think that any business person would look at this summer and think money is going much further this window and you may get more bang for your buck

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Mmmmmm think probably that’s not the case.

Think robins makes the case to joy they then agree what the budget is. Then any increase would need to be agreed probably between Mr Fisher and Ms Seppalla. You’ve got to think that my business person would look at this summer and think money is going much further this window and you may get more bang for your buck
I very much doubt that MR and JS have a direct line of communication. Their relationship is obviously good but I think that's from the few times they've met and got on. I do think that Seppalla has kept her promises to Robins as he would probably have walked again if not. But I would think the budget is agreed and signed off before the start of the transfer window and any changes would go from Robins to Boddy to Fisher and only then up to Sisu.

Sky Blue Pete

I very much doubt that MR and JS have a direct line of communication. Their relationship is obviously good but I think that's from the few times they've met and got on. I do think that Seppalla has kept her promises to Robins as he would probably have walked again if not. But I would think the budget is agreed and signed off before the start of the transfer window and any changes would go from Robins to Boddy to Fisher and only then up to Sisu.
Yep I agree with the last sentence. Pretty sure robins and Seppalla talk about robins aims and plans

Sky Blue Pete

Fuck off probably.
Depends doesn’t it but if players you’d normally have to buy are being offered for no up front cost and it’s a modest increase in the overall wage budget with a likely player with an ongoing and potentially increasing value then it might be different

skybluegod

Can't remember who it was that thought we had a chance with Ben Davies from Liverpool but just to show how far from the mark they were:
Sheffield United paid a £500,000 loan fee for him, and are covering all of his wages (believe to be £25-£40k a week.) They also refused to put in a option to buy because there is hope he will either prove himself or increase his value further. There was a belief in January at Liverpool/Preston that he was with more than Adam Webster when he was sold to Brighton for £20 million. But obviously contract situation meant it was a bargain. Personally think it's probably a little less than this given his age comparatively. But just thought it was important to highlight the different world we are operating in, in this division.

Sky Blue Pete

Can't remember who it was that thought we had a chance with Ben Davies from Liverpool but just to show how far from the mark they were:
Sheffield United paid a £500,000 loan fee for him, and are covering all of his wages (believe to be £25-£40k a week.) They also refused to put in a option to buy because there is hope he will either prove himself or increase his value further. There was a belief in January at Liverpool/Preston that he was with more than Adam Webster when he was sold to Brighton for £20 million. But obviously contract situation meant it was a bargain. Personally think it's probably a little less than this given his age comparatively. But just thought it was important to highlight the different world we are operating in, in this division.
Do you think jcs was free?

Users who are viewing this thread