21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (7 Viewers)

Dions Dong

Eisa is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at with our budget. Young, talented and has progressed through the leagues , still raw, had a few stumbles but definitely worth a go.

Or we could just stick to sentiment and pine for Baka and biamou who can’t finish consistently for sh*t.

If we want to progress we need to shift out the players that aren’t good enough, as non sentimental as that may be.

SlowerThanPlatt

Eisa is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at with our budget. Young, talented and has progressed through the leagues , still raw, had a few stumbles but definitely worth a go.

Or we could just stick to sentiment and pine for Baka and biamou who can’t finish consistently for sh*t.

If we want to progress we need to shift out the players that aren’t good enough, as non sentimental as that may be.
He’ll be 27 by the time next season comes round. Is that young for a footballer?

Frostie

We will see - remember we don't have the funds to go for someone at the top of their game. We need to polish a few diamonds and get players at opportune moments when they are at a crossroads or very early in their development.

100% agree, be very surprised if it's Eisa though. At almost 27 he'd be one of the eldest in the squad, not much of an upside & resale value & Peterborough always demand daft money even for average players.

Winny the Bish

You want us to sign Peterborough's backup striker? The one not as good as JCH? Who played 5 games in the one and only season he's been in the Championship?

giphy.gif

Alkhen

What happened to Frankie Fieldings career? Looked set for good things when playing for England U21. Did well in championship loans. Just been released by Millwall 31 is still young for a keeper

Last edited:

Dions Dong

He’ll be 27 by the time next season comes round. Is that young for a footballer?
Yes
ok, somebody else to sign Eisa then the rest to happen
its not that old 😂 and we are talking about an upgrade on Max/Baka.

Imagine when we end up signing Collins who is 30 odd and the uproar that will cause.

Like everyone, no one on here has a clue who MR targets are; I trust him to assess the squad and do what’s needed.

skyblue025

Yes

its not that old 😂 and we are talking about an upgrade on Max/Baka.

Imagine when we end up signing Collins who is 30 odd and the uproar that will cause.

Like everyone, no one on here has a clue who MR targets are; I trust him to assess the squad and do what’s needed.

Collins, the bloke who has scored 24 championship goals in the last 2 years, is on 4k a week at Luton and is available on a free. Sounds like the exact sort of player we should be looking at.

Dions Dong

Collins, the bloke who has scored 24 championship goals in the last 2 years, is on 4k a week at Luton and is available on a free. Sounds like the exact sort of player we should be looking at.
Collins is exactly the sort of player who is likely on our radar , 30 goals a season players cost money we simply do not have , however you can replicate that with Godden,Walker, Collins chipping in with 10-12 a piece.

SleepyGinger

Not usually one to pine for Ex players back but wonder whether Dujon sterling would be available. After us he had a poor loan spell at Wigan and then had a lengthy injury but he’s back playing for Chelsea youth team. Depends if we keep dacosta and pask but with Dabo missing half the season with injury he might be an option. Can play as right sided centre back too.

mrtrench

Would he get a visa?

From what I have read the first step is getting FA endorsement. New rules are due, however according to the old rules I think he might: the league is not one of the better ones but he plays for the best team and played a lot of minutes. Being young is also in his favour.

Reading the visa/work permit rules, if he gets endorsed he seems to pass all of the criteria if he speak English.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not usually one to pine for Ex players back but wonder whether Dujon sterling would be available. After us he had a poor loan spell at Wigan and then had a lengthy injury but he’s back playing for Chelsea youth team. Depends if we keep dacosta and pask but with Dabo missing half the season with injury he might be an option. Can play as right sided centre back too.

Not a priority I reckon given Dacosta has a couple of years left, even though he does look like he's got a lot to work on positionally but were he or Dabo to leave for some reason we could do worse than bring him back I reckon.

SlowerThanPlatt

I have span the wheel of random players we "might" sign according to out of contract players ( who still could sign for current club) and todays lucky footballer is:

Izzy Brown

Tune in tomorrow for more load of bollocks

Wouldn’t be a bad shout actually. Luton fans rated him last season, a goal and 8 assists in 28 games.

skyblueelephant76

From what I have read the first step is getting FA endorsement. New rules are due, however according to the old rules I think he might: the league is not one of the better ones but he plays for the best team and played a lot of minutes. Being young is also in his favour.

Reading the visa/work permit rules, if he gets endorsed he seems to pass all of the criteria if he speak English.
He wouldn't get enough points for an endorsement under the new rules. Belarus is in the lowest level of leagues and he hasn't represented his country at any level.

Yorkshire SB

Eisa definitely no better than Godden or Walker. If we're going to sign a striker we need someone who's a physical presence and can link play (assuming Biamou is off)

Users who are viewing this thread