21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (13 Viewers)

slowpoke

It is a case of not panicking though of course like all of us I want deals done and concluded by the big kick off but from what I remember loans especially can take a long time.

COV

Just catching up on the thread; too much worry and pessimism for me. We’re a CB and a LWB away from the same squad as last year - a squad that comfortably stayed up.

We’ve improved our attacking areas. James isn’t the colossal loss he’s being made out to be - most people didn’t rate him until the last few games anyway - and Sheaf will prove he’s as good a footballer.

Our four senior strikers are better than last years, and we’ve added a match winner in Bright.

Ostigard is a great player, but how many had heard of him before signed. We’ll get him or another of equal quality before the season begins - still two weeks away.

Plus a returning Rose and Dabo, and another wildcard in Jones.

Chill. This is by no means the worst or most boring pre season. We’re looking to sign players to help establish us as a stable Championship side, who’d have thought that a few years ago.

Every time we lose someone MR does the business and finds a good replacement, god knows how many of our “top prospects” we’ve lost, but we haven’t done too badly in the last few years have we

Liquid Gold

Ian Maatsen joining next week according to The Athletic. Great signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m guessing that will be a loan?

Would be a great signing though. Reading we’re desperate for him early in the window so would be a good sign if he’s chosen us over them.

Frostie

Yeah, they have so many players they have to play somewhere

For sure. Of course he's a well respected coach of young players from his time there & that will definitely be a consideration but to suggest we only sign the likes of Maatsen & Dabo because of him is bonkers.

David O'Day

Is he supposed to be good is he? I don’t know anything about him but seen he’s 19, 5ft 6 and only played a season in League One so wasn’t so excited but as mentioned I don’t know anything about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why has he not posted some videos on youtube?

Liquid Gold

The Adi Viveash thing always makes me chuckle. A lot of 2+2 = 5 stuff.
Maatsen only joined Chelsea in 2018... AV has been with us since 2017.
He doesn't need to have a personal relationship with the player though, especially when it's only a loan. If he's still respected in the Chelsea set up then they may see us as a good place to send him knowing that Adi has high standards and likes to play football the right way.

Edit: I can see you've already responded to your self in a similar fashion.

jordan210

Looks like he has been playing in a few of Chelseas pre season. Big positive getting a player who's nearly match fit

SleepyGinger

Not sure where to put this but Paul Mullin, who scored 30 goals in League 2 last year and was linked with the likes of Middlesbrough and mentioned on here a couple of times, has joined Wrexham.

Great_Expectations

Can you please re-post this on the hour, every hour, until the season starts.

Haha you joke, but I posted along similar lines last week and as recently as Tuesday…..

It’s ok now though, we’re signing Maatsen , who everyone had definitely heard of pre his link to us, so we’re back to being title contenders again.

Liquid Gold

Haha you joke, but I posted along similar lines last week and as recently as Tuesday…..

It’s ok now though, we’re signing Maatsen , who everyone had definitely heard of pre his link to us, so we’re back to being title contenders again.
People were worried that we had no wingback - over emotional idiots
People are happy we seem to be signing a highly rated wingback - over emotional idiots

Condescending fuck

fatso

If thats true thats brilliant
Why?
He has never played at this level, he's the same height as Warwick Davis, hes been released as its school holidays, and he hasnt even started shaving yet!

I dont want to piss on anyones fire, and I'll reserve judgement until I've at least seen him play (that's a novel idea!) But honestly, what the fuck makes it Brilliant news?

Honestly, we are in the process of off loading a lad who is the same sort of height, and played at premier league level, to replace him with a Chelsea youth player who even division 1 Charlton fans dont seem to rate!
Again, How is that Brilliant?

SlowerThanPlatt

Why?
He has never played at this level, he's the same height as Warwick Davis, hes been released as its school holidays, and he hasnt even started shaving yet!

I dont want to piss on anyones fire, and I'll reserve judgement until I've at least seen him play (that's a novel idea!) But honestly, what the fuck makes it Brilliant news?

Honestly, we are in the process of off loading a lad who is the same sort of height, and played at premier league level, to replace him with a Chelsea youth player who even division 1 Charlton fans dont seem to rate!

Mason’s Premier League experience is 2 games? I think it’s clear now he isn’t at that level

Ccfcisparks

Why?

giphy.gif

donald_trumps

Adi has spent a lot of time coaching him, so knows him well. 36 games played last season in League 1. Excellent pedigree in youth football. Look at his history, some people just seem to think that their careers starts on their first senior performance. Bags of potential, a great career in youth football and senior football experience to boot in League 1.

SlowerThanPlatt

Adi has spent a lot of time coaching him, so knows him well. 36 games played last season in League 1. Excellent pedigree in youth football. Look at his history, some people just seem to think that their careers starts on their first senior performance. Bags of potential, a great career in youth football and senior football experience to boot in League 1.

He would have done well to coach him considering he was with us then

Users who are viewing this thread