21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (4 Viewers)

fatso

giphy.gif
Seriously? Is that all you can come up with to back up your original, oh I've just jizzed everywhere comment?
Any debate? any well reasoned argument?
In fact any form of justification as to why its "Brilliant" that someone, who literally no fucker has ever heard of, MAY I say again MAY be linked to us?

Frostie

Seriously? Is that all you can come up with to back up your original, oh I've just jizzed everywhere comment?
In fact any form of justification as to why its "Brilliant" that someone, who literally no fucker has ever heard of, MAY I say again MAY be linked to us?

He's just played almost a full season in League One. I know some people only watch their own club but safe to say plenty have heard of him & have seen him play.

SlowerThanPlatt

You list Premier League experience (of 2 games) for Mason as to why you think he’s better/as good? I would say it’s meaningless

Ccfcisparks

It's brilliant news, as we have signed someone who actually plays left back for a start and means we wont need to play someone out of position there. He was also linked to better Championship teams, and is clearly in Chelseas plans to get into their first team eventually.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Maatsen signed for Chelsea in 2018.

That doesn't really matter does it?

There'll inevitably be academy/development staff at Chelsea who would've worked alongside Adi and his time in charge of the development squad will likely be remembered.

Whilst that obviously doesn't automatically mean we're in front of the queue for their brightest young stars I suspect he's able to get his foot in the door easier than most to get information on who's available or if they recommend anyone that might be a good fit.

Granted people over-egg the Chelsea link but through Adi we'll certainly have a rapport at the very least.

procdoc

I couldn’t give a fuck if the full backs aren’t tall, their job is to get up and down the flank, not win headers

fatso

Mason isn’t much taller is he?
No, I thought that was one of the reasons we were off loading him, as he was being picked out for the long diagonal pass, and getting roasted too often in the air, but who knows.

Feel Mason suffered when we stuck with wing backs rather than a flat back four, otherwise I dont think he did too bad here, and I'd certainly wish him luck and hope he secures the move.

SBAndy

No, I thought that was one of the reasons we were off loading him, as he was being picked out for the long diagonal pass, and getting roasted too often in the air, but who knows.

Feel Mason suffered when we stuck with wing backs rather than a flat back four, otherwise I dont think he did too bad here, and I'd certainly wish him luck and hope he secures the move.

Height matters a lot more in a back 4 than at wing back. Not saying it is completely irrelevant but the idea is that your starting position is high enough up that strikers won’t pull onto you, and there’s the cover provided by the wide centre back. I don’t see it being much of an issue.

CDK

That was my opinion as well and he was very good in the flat back 4 but when the system was changed he suffered plus the 4-0 at Rotherham I thought that affected him a lot.

shmmeee

I

Looks like we’ll be needing a new RWB as well then…

1627060299609.jpeg

Skyblue_CP

Not sure where to put this but Paul Mullin, who scored 30 goals in League 2 last year and was linked with the likes of Middlesbrough and mentioned on here a couple of times, has joined Wrexham.
Yeh this isnt to do with ability, old Ryan over there has flashed him a few quid to drop down a level, promotion year for them.

Tea & Busquets

Why?
He has never played at this level, he's the same height as Warwick Davis, hes been released as its school holidays, and he hasnt even started shaving yet!

I dont want to piss on anyones fire, and I'll reserve judgement until I've at least seen him play (that's a novel idea!) But honestly, what the fuck makes it Brilliant news?

Honestly, we are in the process of off loading a lad who is the same sort of height, and played at premier league level, to replace him with a Chelsea youth player who even division 1 Charlton fans dont seem to rate!
Again, How is that Brilliant?
The Charlton Fans i’ve talked to said he’s brilliant tbf, they would’ve had him back.

Tea & Busquets

This new guy Ian looks pretty decent, but is he starter quality? We should definitely be looking for an older option on free after we sign him, but where does that leave Reid?

TomRad85

This new guy Ian looks pretty decent, but is he starter quality? We should definitely be looking for an older option on free after we sign him, but where does that leave Reid?
Can we please call him Maatsen rather than Ian. 'Sky Blues complete Ian transfer' does nothing for me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

better days

Will Chima feature tomorrow or is that one dead in the water @better days ? Are we still keen on Cashman?
Really don't know on Chima
It seems that guys who come on trial rarely work out anywhere
Never understood it personally. Seems to be a prejudice against trialists in the game
That's why many players won't go on trial
Cashman? Haven't heard anything but doesn't mean it won't happen

slowpoke

Funny the apprehension by some on here about Ian Maatsen joining despite having 34 games under his belt yet were possibly salivating re. Billy Gilmour coming here who has only played a handful of games and one decent performance for the sweaties.

fatso

Funny the apprehension by some on here about Ian Maatsen joining despite having 34 games under his belt yet were possibly salivating re. Billy Gilmour coming here who has only played a handful of games and one decent performance for

Stop drinking right now, and go straight to bed!

You've obviously had far too much already!!!

Tea & Busquets

Can we please call him Maatsen rather than Ian. 'Sky Blues complete Ian transfer' does nothing for me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Usually when a player comes to my club i like to refer to them by their first name because they’re closer to my heart than any other bloke (if that makes sense), but i guess you’re right in the sense that he hasn’t joined up yet. Maatsen it is !

Users who are viewing this thread