21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (7 Viewers)

shmmeee

I agree.

Boosh just tags me in every thread whether I'm posting in it or not. If it's tedious for you imagine how tedious it is for me.

Just put the guy on ignore and move on with your life. If I could ignore Grendel for years as one of the most frequent posters you can do it.

South West Sky Blue

We spent over £3m last season when we had no crowds and might have gone straight back down. I’d argue there’s less risk this summer, the same again isn’t unreasonable.
The Sheaf money wasn't spent last year, it was only agreed last year to be paid from now.
We still had the Wilson money last year and don't seem to likely to have any big fees coming in for any players this year (unless we sell Hamer/ COH). We've had decent fees incoming in previous 2 years.
Also, no-one thought last summer that we would go through an entire season without fans in stadiums therefore we probably budgeted for more income than reality which has a knock-on effect.
This year I think we'll have a slightly higher wage bill as we may have to pay Championship wages to incoming players and ambitions may be higher.

I accept that some of my argument is based around fiscal conservatism and others may be a bit less tight-fisted than me!

KenilworthSkyBlue

The Sheaf money wasn't spent last year, it was only agreed last year to be paid from now.
We still had the Wilson money last year and don't seem to likely to have any big fees coming in for any players this year (unless we sell Hamer/ COH). We've had decent fees incoming in previous 2 years.
Also, no-one thought last summer that we would go through an entire season without fans in stadiums therefore we probably budgeted for more income than reality which has a knock-on effect.
This year I think we'll have a slightly higher wage bill as we may have to pay Championship wages to incoming players and ambitions may be higher.

I accept that some of my argument is based around fiscal conservatism and others may be a bit less tight-fisted than me!

I'm not sure that's actually right. I could be wrong but didn't Boddy state at the beginning of last season that the club had budgeted for two scenarios? One being where fans could return half way through the season and the other being that there would be no fans for the remainder of the season.

procdoc

Feel sometimes Jobello gets tarred with the same brush as Kastaneer. He was improving almost by the game in my opinion before his injury which was obviously a horrible one. I do suspect we may see his contract terminated also though.
He’s just not championship level. He looked alright in league one before his injury. However as a winger he doesn’t fit the system

SlowerThanPlatt

Thank fuck, what an utter waste of time and wages that signing proved to be.

Some signings just won’t work by the law of probability and most fans can accept that but this one has been especially bad, failed everywhere we’ve sent him and now had to pay his contract up

Esoterica

Think a middle L1 club might take Jobello on loan but there’s not much point in that for the club unless it’s just to get some of his wage off the books. Think he’d have to drop down to L2 to get a permanent move after his injury and that’d mean a pay cut. Pay off or sit his contract out looks like the realistic options.

Frostie

Some signings just won’t work by the law of probability and most fans can accept that but this one has been especially bad, failed everywhere we’ve sent him and now had to pay his contract up

Doubly infuriating as you can see he's got talent just not interested in applying it.
Last season where he failed his overseas trial & then couldn't even get a game in the Scottish Championship says it all about his attitude.
Real shame.

Esoterica

Shame he’s seemingly not even done the bare minimum to give himself a chance
Got a Dutch guy in my own squad just like him. Hardest shot I’ve ever seen, well liked in the group, always talking about how much he loves football, and would be a great player…. but when it comes to training he’s got every excuse under the sun for being late or not turning up. Then when it comes to matches, even though he can’t play 90 mins, he thinks he should be starting over the guys with lesser ability who have trained every session in the week. Infuriating waste of talent!

Frostie

Got a Dutch guy in my own squad just like him. Hardest shot I’ve ever seen, well liked in the group, always talking about how much he loves football, and would be a great player…. but when it comes to training he’s got every excuse under the sun for being late or not turning up. Then when it comes to matches, even though he can’t play 90 mins, he thinks he should be starting over the guys with lesser ability who have trained every session in the week. Infuriating waste of talent!

Seen similar all too many times. Infuriating.

Users who are viewing this thread