2023-24 New Kit Thread (7 Viewers)

Grendel

Doesn't necessarily mean the revenue has to be £1/2m can go up to £10m without having to report a P&L.

it was under £3m in tbe last fully declared accounts

Grendel

Cool, really doesn't have anything to do with the conversation which was people saying the stated turnover seemed too low but thanks for your input.

Well it does as you said the evidence was estimated well it’s accurate looking at companies house

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My first reaction when seeing this was that I thought it looked pretty nice. Then again, I really didn't like the kit from last season, but it seemed like a lot of people were raving about it. I guess we're impossible to please!

djr8369

Skimming through some of the older filings on Companies House it looks like back around 2013 they were turning over 5-10 million but making a loss and reading between the lines that has dropped off further.

Grendel

8 years ago to be fair.

It’s hardly likely to have grown much since then - they’ve been selling to the John Lewis group for a few years now

Ccfcisparks

It’s hardly likely to have grown much since then - they’ve been selling to the John Lewis group for a few years now
Think you are likely right. Looking at receivables its double what they are in the current year. Would suggest a figure aroud £2m is accurate.

SeaSeeEffCee

I think the King brother’s could shit on some of our fans doorsteps and they’d just say ‘thank you for the fertiliser Mr King sir’

SkyBlueCharlie9

Its yet more genius planning from DK and Robins ....... planning for the lazy git trend of wearing beards & mo's to die down (any day surely) and we'll be ready to pounce and fund the club with wealth of (approx. eleventy billion) riches. I'm off to by some KoS stuff right now!

Robinshio

king of shaves are a similar size to the Tallon type sponsorships we used to have in the old division 1
They would not be paying more than £100k max

theferret

The sponsorship issue aside, I really don't like that at all. Lots will love it though and I'm sure it will sell well.

TomRad85

Serious question... does anyone know what the rough amount is for a front of shirt sponsor for a Championship club? Using generic, middling clubs like say Swansea and Hull as an example? Genuinely no idea what you're supposed to be getting for this kind of thing.

djr8369

Serious question... does anyone know what the rough amount is for a front of shirt sponsor for a Championship club? Using generic, middling clubs like say Swansea and Hull as an example? Genuinely no idea what you're supposed to be getting for this kind of thing.
Absolutely no idea and no evidence but I would think maybe a couple of hundred grand? I’d imagine plenty in the championship are a lot less than that and in the 10s. Most aren’t huge businesses, a lot are from the area and SMEs.

Winny the Bish

Saw something that says the average for a Championship team is around £500,000 a season.

Speedie's Head

Absolutely no idea and no evidence but I would think maybe a couple of hundred grand? I’d imagine plenty in the championship are a lot less than that and in the 10s. Most aren’t huge businesses, a lot are from the area and SMEs.
It's one of those things that's rarely stated. Such and such company has agreed a new shirt sponsorship deal for x years. The club is delighted and so are they blah blah

theferret

It's all income to the club and we need as much of that as we can get

I don't think we've maximised income from that main shirt sponsor tbh.

Besides, plastering it with multiple sponsors will turn people off from buying it, so would be a false economy. People would just buy retro shirt remakes from 3rd party retailers in even greater numbers. I like to think that we won't see any further relaxing of the rules on shirt sponsorship beyond where we are now.

djr8369

It's one of those things that's rarely stated. Such and such company has agreed a new shirt sponsorship deal for x years. The club is delighted and so are they blah blah
As you say, rarely any info on it but looks like I might have been way off.

That might be offset by how many betting company sponsorships there are though. Outside of Betting Companies it’s midsized businesses who aren’t going to have huge marketing budgets.

Speedie's Head

Taken together they have the back, sleeve and shirt front sponsors they're possibly not doing too badly compared to last year I'd guess. And we're shot of Boyle.

RegiswasGod

I hated this one

iu
My favourite shirt!

Speedie's Head

As you say, rarely any info on it but looks like I might have been way off.

That might be offset by how many betting company sponsorships there are though. Outside of Betting Companies it’s midsized businesses who aren’t going to have huge marketing budgets.
I guess there's ground advertising within those figures too that we don't get not owning the stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread