2023-24 New Kit Thread (6 Viewers)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Shirt itself is quite nice, I look forward to seeing it in the flesh on Tuesday. Sponsor looks and sounds very budget. I don't think it should really be deemed 'negative' to question the rushed release, delayed dispatch, photoshopped sponsor and also query the commercial aspect of it all. On the face of it, it doesn't look great.

djr8369

I guess there's ground advertising within those figures too that we don't get not owning the stadium.
I only skimmed through but think it said half a million average sponsorship for shirts. Seems high to me.

We did get ground sponsorship as would sell our own advertising boards which we would put up during our games but that was with Wasps, I don’t know the situation now.

Player sponsorship was something like £250 I believe. That was only company logo in the program next to the player profile, a meet and great and signed shirt. I’d imagine that’s gone up a bit too.

edgy

Just for some perspective on sponsors:

Team
Sponsor
Birmingham CityBoyleSports[1]
Blackburn RoversTotally Wicked
Bristol CityHuboo[2]
Cardiff CityTourism Malaysia
Coventry CityKing of Shaves[3]
Huddersfield TownUtilita[4]
Hull CityCorendon Airlines[5]
Ipswich TownEd Sheeran
Leeds UnitedBOXT
Leicester CityKing Power[6]
MiddlesbroughUnibet
MillwallHuski Chocolate[7]
Norwich CityLotus Cars[9]
Plymouth ArgyleBond Timber
Preston North EndPAR Group
Queens Park RangersConvivia[10]
Rotherham UnitedIPM Group (Home)
Sheffield WednesdayEyup
SouthamptonSportsbet.io[12]
Stoke Citybet365
SunderlandSpreadex Sports
Swansea CityReviva Coffee (Home)[15]
WatfordMrQ[19]
West Bromwich AlbionIdeal Heating

There's plenty in the championship that has the same perceived level of "calibre" as KoS.

Manchester_sky_blue

I don't think we've maximised income from that main shirt sponsor tbh.

Besides, plastering it with multiple sponsors will turn people off from buying it, so would be a false economy. People would just buy retro shirt remakes from 3rd party retailers in even greater numbers. I like to think that we won't see any further relaxing of the rules on shirt sponsorship beyond where we are now.
I'll have to take your word for it as I've never really bought shirts but haven't we had multiple sponsors for the last few seasons at least?

The Philosopher

Once you see it you won’t unsee it?

I just see

“kinK”

The King bit then merges with the big K after the n.

Maybe just me.

Anyway.

“Boyle” always conjured up the image of a big zit so I guess kink is better. Plus, gambling is a negative force so good we have moved away.

It’s Doug’s train set so if he lets his bro have a leg up / sweet deal then it’s no surprise.

skybluelee

Say what you will, but I think the kit looks beautiful. It's a nicer version of the 08/09 kit which was lovely in it's own right. KoS fits well on the shirt too.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.
I never really thought of this as a thing. I thought people were generally either shirt buyers or non-shirt buyers, do the majority of people pick or choose then?

I think the shirt looks shit, despise us wearing blue and white stripes, but I've already pre-ordered 3 for me and the kids because we always buy them.

Ccfcisparks

Just for some perspective on sponsors:

Team
Sponsor
Birmingham CityBoyleSports[1]
Blackburn RoversTotally Wicked
Bristol CityHuboo[2]
Cardiff CityTourism Malaysia
Coventry CityKing of Shaves[3]
Huddersfield TownUtilita[4]
Hull CityCorendon Airlines[5]
Ipswich TownEd Sheeran
Leeds UnitedBOXT
Leicester CityKing Power[6]
MiddlesbroughUnibet
MillwallHuski Chocolate[7]
Norwich CityLotus Cars[9]
Plymouth ArgyleBond Timber
Preston North EndPAR Group
Queens Park RangersConvivia[10]
Rotherham UnitedIPM Group (Home)
Sheffield WednesdayEyup
SouthamptonSportsbet.io[12]
Stoke Citybet365
SunderlandSpreadex Sports
Swansea CityReviva Coffee (Home)[15]
WatfordMrQ[19]
West Bromwich AlbionIdeal Heating

There's plenty in the championship that has the same perceived level of "calibre" as KoS.
Millwalls sponsor equally as tinpot.

Manchester_sky_blue

I never really thought of this as a thing. I thought people were generally either shirt buyers or non-shirt buyers, do the majority of people pick or choose then?

I think the shirt looks shit, despise us wearing blue and white stripes, but I've already pre-ordered 3 for me and the kids because we always buy them.
Never understood the appeal, no issue with others buying them, just not for me.

usskyblue

Once you see it you won’t unsee it?

I just see

“kinK”

The King bit then merges with the big K after the n.

Maybe just me.

Anyway.

“Boyle” always conjured up the image of a big zit so I guess kink is better. Plus, gambling is a negative force so good we have moved away.

It’s Doug’s train set so if he lets his bro have a leg up / sweet deal then it’s no surprise.

keenan-thompson-confused-face-k5wv7jjtbj5zbaeu.gif

Ian1779

I don’t like the massive K in the middle.

I like the colour and design of the shirt though

SkyBlueSoul

Pretty underwhelmed by it and prefer solid blue but don't hate it. I think the castle/animals superimposed along with the stripes make it look a bit messy but will wait to see it in person to pass full judgment. Would much rather be picking apart things like that than having template kits again.

GK kit looks like a knock off combo of last seasons GK/3rd shirts but still quite like it.

lewys33

I like it ... you're never going to please everyone. May not maximise funds but it's not a betting company. Sponsor fits better than original A&A and boyle sports.
Shrugs GIF

Last edited:

Grendel

Didn't Will Storey do that too?

i think they actually pay - they did a 5 year sponsorship deal with a few sports clubs in 2019 to try and get uk presence

Grendel

When at Uni in the 80’s we did a project on football sponsorship

One of the questions was asking why the company sponsored you do you think

Rochdale answered that they probably felt sorry for us

Skyblueweeman

They sponsor mcclaren in F1
I was going to say, they're really not. When I was in my previous role, we also had a partnership with McLaren and I went to a few GPs and met with some of the Huski management team. Despite one odd ball, they were very savvy people. I guess people might think they're tinpot as they have little presence in the UK but they're definitely not tinpot.

Sponsorship of F1 cars is most definitely not a poor mans game. I think my old company got quoted circa £60k to upgrade our logo on the car from the end of the front wing to the side of the rear wing, just for one race.

Users who are viewing this thread