2018-19 Shirt Launch and Evening with Mark Robins - 29th June (4 Viewers)

kapowaz

Nobody who’s seen the playoff final shirt in person could deny stripes can look great. Not going with that shirt for the whole of this season was a real tragedy.

Otis

Good point. We should close the forum down and concentrate on fishing plastic out of the sea instead.
Can we use plastic fans to do it?

I too find it weird some days that we talk about football stuff on a football forum.

giphy.gif

itsabuzzard

View attachment 10055
View attachment 10057
View attachment 10056

We won the FA Cup in stripes. We won the Checkatrade Trophy in stripes. We won the League Two play-off final in stripes.

Anyone who is against stripes is against Coventry City football club and is condemning us to seasons of abject failure.

You should all be ashamed!!

Our biggest 3 successes of the past 30 years have all come because of stripes.

Hang your heads in shame you vile people.

giphy.gif
You're making the classic mistake confusing cause and effect. Our winning in stripes is a coincidence.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Otis

You're making the classic mistake confusing cause and effect. Our winning in stripes is a coincidence.

Absolutely not! Not having that.

We won all those trophies BECAUSE we wore stripes!

If stripes are not a good thing, why do we all have them on our pyjamas?

You wear pyjamas and you sleep like a baby. No pyjamas, neverending nightmares and restless sleep.

It most certainly is NOT a coincidence!! Grrrr!!!!

Speedies_Chips

You wear pyjamas and you sleep like a baby. No pyjamas, neverending nightmares and restless sleep.

And if you clean your teeth with striped toothpaste , your teeth will last a whole lot longer.

Sky Blue Harry H

And Zebras wear stripes to defeat the opposition - the evidence is irrefutable (or irrefootball)

Otis

Stripes is also a funny movie starring Bill Murray.

Planes is not very good at all.

The defence rests m'lud.

Ranjit Bhurpa

View attachment 10055
View attachment 10057
View attachment 10056

We won the FA Cup in stripes. We won the Checkatrade Trophy in stripes. We won the League Two play-off final in stripes.

Anyone who is against stripes is against Coventry City football club and is condemning us to seasons of abject failure.

You should all be ashamed!!

Our biggest 3 successes of the past 30 years have all come because of stripes.

Hang your heads in shame you vile people.

giphy.gif

Ah, but did Old Moore's Almanack predict that a team in blue and white stripes would win the L2 Play Off Final??
Any road up, we're the Sky Blues, not the Sky Blue and Whites.

Hobo

We don't need stripes, the more we distance ourselves from Sunderland and Notts County the better.

Hobo

I quite like the new kit. Good to have an all sky blue one. Not so keen on all white kits, sky blue shorts or black shorts would have been better.

oakey

Love it. A proper City kit. Looks one of the best. I will be buying 3 later today.

On the stripes issue. Yes, we won at Wembley three times in stripes, so bring out a new stripy shirt every time we play at Wembley. Simple!

To be pedantic though, we played in solid sky blue all season to make it to the play off final.
Also, the pro- stripes brigade never mention we also got RELEGATED twice wearing stripes all season.

To conclude, stripes for Wembley only. Solid sky blue the rest of the time.

jordan210

I still cant work out how the name will go.

With my amazing mock up. It looks odd

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 10.26.53.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 10.26.53.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 39

itsabuzzard

Sorry, this is guff. I go commando in bed and sleep just fine. Tried wearing jim-jams but just feels like being in a straightjacket (not that I've ever been in one). Plain kits win hands down.

Otis

Love it. A proper City kit. Looks one of the best. I will be buying 3 later today.

On the stripes issue. Yes, we won at Wembley three times in stripes, so bring out a new stripy shirt every time we play at Wembley. Simple!

To be pedantic though, we played in solid sky blue all season to make it to the play off final.
Also, the pro- stripes brigade never mention we also got RELEGATED twice wearing stripes all season.

To conclude, stripes for Wembley only. Solid sky blue the rest of the time.
Hmmmm.

135 year history.

56 years in plain shirts.

79 years not in plain shirts.

And I am NOT in a brigade!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Otis

Sorry, this is guff. I go commando in bed and sleep just fine. Tried wearing jim-jams but just feels like being in a straightjacket (not that I've ever been in one). Plain kits win hands down.

Sorry, should have clarified. Was talking about normal people, not the Grammar Nazis.

itsabuzzard

Sorry, should have clarified. Was talking about normal people, not the Grammar Nazis.
Ha ha. I think you'll find normal people on this site pretty thin on the ground. At the risk of also being in the Pedantic Nazi Group, my post wasn't grammar related. Stripes are shit, but I respect your right to hold a contrary view, even though you're deluded.

kapowaz

Can we not resolve our differences by agreeing a compromise? I propose we go with a kit that alternates between stripes and solid, should be the best of both worlds.

Otis

Can we not resolve our differences by agreeing a compromise? I propose we go with a kit that alternates between stripes and solid, should be the best of both worlds.
The very young and the very old tend to have trouble with solids, so not sure that is such a good plan.

Users who are viewing this thread