2018-19 Shirt Launch and Evening with Mark Robins - 29th June (3 Viewers)

kapowaz

Are you deaf? I don't like stripes on our kit - this has stripes, and lots of them.

Are you blind? It’s only half stripes, alternating with sky blue. That’s why it’s a compromise solution!

Why are you so against compromise? Typical nazi.

itsabuzzard

Are you some sort of a comedian? You're the blind one - the entire front of that shirt consists of stripes! The Nazis committed much greater crimes than expressing a view about striped shirts. The comparison is a little overblown.
Are you blind? It’s only half stripes, alternating with sky blue. That’s why it’s a compromise solution!

Why are you so against compromise? Typical nazi.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

luwalla

Ended up getting shirts for all three of the kids but they were a bit disappointed they couldn’t have the name on them until next week it’s not as if the shop was full
Haha I was up the shop earlier and had to laugh when a bloke took his top to the till & asked for a name on it, the woman said “ sorry not till next Tuesday because of the rush today” & she looked up and around the shop as if to say, look how busy we are... there was me and my lad plus the bloke buying the top!!
I’m sure it might have been busier earlier or was going to get busier later or something, but at the time it was funny

Reactions: vow

Otis

Are you some sort of a comedian? You're the blind one - the entire front of that shirt consists of stripes! The Nazis committed much greater crimes than expressing a view about striped shirts. The comparison is a little overblown.

You need to check Hitler's Striped rally speech of 1933

Terry Gibson's perm

Haha I was up the shop earlier and had to laugh when a bloke took his top to the till & asked for a name on it, the woman said “ sorry not till next Tuesday because of the rush today” & she looked up and around the shop as if to say, look how busy we are... there was me and my lad plus the bloke buying the top!!
I’m sure it might have been busier earlier or was going to get busier later or something, but at the time it was funny

We were in there about 10.30 and there was one other person in there it’s a bit of a pain having to go back but they love the shirts so it will be worth it but it is potential lost business if people don’t go back

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

View attachment 10055
View attachment 10057
View attachment 10056

We won the FA Cup in stripes. We won the Checkatrade Trophy in stripes. We won the League Two play-off final in stripes.

Anyone who is against stripes is against Coventry City football club and is condemning us to seasons of abject failure.

You should all be ashamed!!

Our biggest 3 successes of the past 30 years have all come because of stripes.

Hang your heads in shame you vile people.

giphy.gif
Crikey Otis, as Harry Enfield would say ( calm down, calm down ) you'll give yourself an heart attack.

giphy.gif

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Absolutely not! Not having that.

We won all those trophies BECAUSE we wore stripes!

If stripes are not a good thing, why do we all have them on our pyjamas?

You wear pyjamas and you sleep like a baby. No pyjamas, neverending nightmares and restless sleep.

It most certainly is NOT a coincidence!! Grrrr!!!!
giphy.gif

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Beautiful! Simply beautiful! I now have tears streaming down my face and I am beating my chest like a tremendously hairy, Eastern Lowland gorilla.

I think a little bit of wee just came out too.
giphy.gif

Ranjit Bhurpa

Just conjured up a quick sketch of that to see what it would look like.

Errmmm...... not sure how to break this to you, but it looks rather like this.

View attachment 10067

You can try fiddling with your contrast and brightness on your phone or tablet, but I'm not sure it will make much of a difference. You'd therefore be paying for stripes you cannot see.
If it looks like this, then Yes, I could get to like stripes.
I think the contrast and brightness settings are OK but I'm having trouble with my vertical hold though. Otherwise looks great.

Otis

I think the contrast and brightness settings are OK but I'm having trouble with my vertical hold though. Otherwise looks great.
Yep. Just need the stripes to be bolder.

wingy

Haha
Remember those days when it would just randomly start to roll for absolutely no reason.

Sick Boy

I was up visiting family so went around midday and to be fair it was pretty busy.

itsabuzzard

Pretentious, moi?
I would have crossed it out with a squiggle but I’m on my phone. Trouble is with this crowd you never know if people have the ability to interpret the original poster’s intent by looking past minor details and seeing the overall picture!

Ranjit Bhurpa

Haha
Remember those days when it would just randomly start to roll for absolutely no reason.
Ha Ha Yes, remember it well too. Also ghosting on the screen, no fun trying to watch Star Soccer with 44 players on the pitch...and in black and white too.
A couple of thumps on top of the cabinet and when that didn't work, yet another call to the tv repairman. The vertical hold button was useless, settle back down and the picture would start rolling again.
Wonder what happened to all those repairmen/installers from Radio Rentals, DER and the rest? Must have been thousands of them nationwide.

chiefdave

Noticed that the names and numbers now have a tie-in with mental healty charity Mind. Good stuff
Nice to see. Presume that's across the whole of the FL and not just us? Great either way, try and raise awareness in a demographic likely to keep it to themselves and try and get on with things.

Nick

Administrator
Nice to see. Presume that's across the whole of the FL and not just us? Great either way, try and raise awareness in a demographic likely to keep it to themselves and try and get on with things.
Yeah it's the fl doing it

Users who are viewing this thread