2 more players for this lineup (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Why do you care what some randoms on the internet call you or your wife? tbh, not sure how that ccfcisparks hasn't been banned yet, constantly name calling and insulting people and then offered someone out last week after the England game.

I don’t care. I just think it’s ludicrous to be painted as the one overreacting when others can’t listen to unbiased stats backing up a reasonable opinion without throwing personal insults around.

I wasn’t enamoured by James or Waghorn but could see they might come off, happy to say Waghorn played well yesterday and looks like a good partner for Györkeres. Sadly Moore looked like what he is: a L1 GK who is no better than what we’ve got.

It’s not even like I e made this up out of whole cloth. Better Days has said Robins was after two keepers. All I’ve ever said is I hope that’s true.

kg82

OK sure. Simon Moore is a world class keeper. I take it all back.

Jesus the lengths people will go to to shield our players from criticism.

“Free kicks are like penalties at that level” yeah that’s why a grand total of one was scored in the Euros. 😂😂😂
You do this a lot. First, you push your point. People disagree. It gets a little more heated. And then you come out with these completely hyperbolic statements like a 14 year old having a tantrum. Maybe if you just didn’t bang on about something? You made your point, now it’s like you need everyone to agree with it. I’m giving Moore a bit of time, a few games at least… you know, just to see.

slowpoke

Mate. I’ve got people insulting my missus because I pointed out he’s got a worse record at this level than Wilson and will need to perform above where he ever has to be an improvement. Sure. I’m overreacting.
Actually shmmeee I’ll apologise for that. Couldn’t resist it. So convey my apologies to Mrs. Shmmeee.

procdoc

Im getting this wound up because I state a simple opinion based in fact (I hope the rumours were still after a keeper are true because Moore is a gamble based on his history) and get pelters for it. So I give them back.

You’re in another thread saying you’re concerned about the keeper situation FFS!

Said already I hope I’ve got egg on my face come the end of the season, but early signs aren’t good are they?
It’s not based on fact though is it? If he was so bad why would Sheffield Utd have kept hold of him for as long as they did? You’re advocating for keepers with even less first team experience than Moore. Let’s see what Moore is like over a period of games then if he’s shit you can gloat on here all you like. I find it weird people slagging players off without them getting a proper opportunity first

Ccfcisparks

Im getting this wound up because I state a simple opinion based in fact (I hope the rumours were still after a keeper are true because Moore is a gamble based on his history) and get pelters for it. So I give them back.

You’re in another thread saying you’re concerned about the keeper situation FFS!

Said already I hope I’ve got egg on my face come the end of the season, but early signs aren’t good are they?
There’s a difference between being concerned, and slagging him off before he’s even had a professional game for us

I also apologise for the missus joke. Not needed.

Grendel

It’s not based on fact though is it? If he was so bad why would Sheffield Utd have kept hold of him for as long as they did? You’re advocating for keepers with even less first team experience than Moore. Let’s see what Moore is like over a period of games then if he’s shit you can gloat on here all you like. I find it weird people slagging players off without them getting a proper opportunity first

I don’t get the facts thing.

Keepers are different in terms of game time - Filan hardly played for us but then played 200 games between Blackburn and Wigan

kg82

About Moore and the goals yesterday, the free kick was a beauty, the 2nd one he’s anticipating the player getting a touch (I can understand why people would say he’s to blame for that, I wouldn’t though, and the defence didn’t deal with it after) and the 3rd is a nice little dink finish. Just my take on them. I can’t comment on the performance, didn’t watch it (started at 1am over here).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We will have to agree to disagree there mate. It was a brilliant free kick that was always curling away from Moore. If the free kick taker had stuck it in the other corner you would have blamed him for being too far across the other way. For players of that quality, free kicks from that distance are almost the equivalent of penalties. For the 3rd he’s messed up, but the biggest culprit was the defender (was it Fadz?) getting beaten when the forward was going nowhere.

I think on the free kick he was in the wrong place and far too near his other post. He could easily have been two or three steps across and managed to get back there had the free kick been put in the opposite corner. But it was obvious from where he was standing he'd never have time to get across to the other post and so it proved. Yes, it was a great free kick but he kind of just asked the guy to put it there with his positioning.

Other goals he spilt the ball and then again went too far across towards the near post when recovering allowing an easier shot across goal. Third he was already diving before the striker clipped it over him. He didn't 'make himself big'.

It's only one friendly and everyone will still be a bit rusty so no need to panic, but he will certainly have to improve massively from that performance.

Ccfcisparks

I think on the free kick he was in the wrong place and far too near his other post. He could easily have been two or three steps across and managed to get back there had the free kick been put in the opposite corner. But it was obvious from where he was standing he'd never have time to get across to the other post and so it proved. Yes, it was a great free kick but he kind of just asked the guy to put it there with his positioning.

Other goals he spilt the ball and then again went too far across towards the near post when recovering allowing an easier shot across goal. Third he was already diving before the striker clipped it over him. He didn't 'make himself big'.

It's only one friendly and everyone will still be a bit rusty so no need to panic, but he will certainly have to improve massively from that performance.
Fair assessment that

procdoc

That’s a an accurate and fair assessment.

procdoc

Keepers are different in terms of game time - Filan hardly played for us but then played 200 games between Blackburn and Wigan
Same as Jonathan Gould. He went on to play 157 times for Celtic after being Oggy’s understudy for a few years with us

Grendel

Well they aren’t facts that mean anything

It’s funny you seem to consider yourself some kind of superior person in this area but box yourself into a corner time and time again and then result in bizarre tirades when challenged

Grendel

Same as Jonathan Gould. He went on to play 157 times for Celtic after being Oggy’s understudy for a few years with us

In terms of cold stats Mcgoldrick was a disastrous loan for us and Lee Hughes a great signing

If you look purely at stats Keith Houchen was a dire player but he was the reason we won our only major trophy and we made a big profit from him

Players are different at different clubs and signings are often gambles

COV

It’s also a good job we didn’t apply this logic when looking at Steve Ogrizovic- 5 games in 5 years before he came to us

Also MR himself- a very bad appointment going by the years after he left us for Huddersfield

shmmeee

Well they aren’t facts that mean anything

It’s funny you seem to consider yourself some kind of superior person in this area but box yourself into a corner time and time again and then result in bizarre tirades when challenged

So the fact he hasn’t played consistently above L1 doesn’t mean anything when justifying calling him a L1 keeper who will need to step up?

You’re the only one calling me superior.

Let’s be blunt here, it’s only because it’s me and you have a weird psychosexual obsession with me that you’re chipping in here.

Garryb80

Well no, because I base my opinions on facts and not hopes and dreams.
The fact is sarkic hasn't played in the championship ever yet you want us to sign him. How does that work then? I bet even if moore keeps a clean sheet you will find a way to point out a single mistake he made In the game and praise the defence.

shmmeee

The fact is sarkic hasn't played in the championship ever yet you want us to sign him. How does that work then? I bet even if moore keeps a clean sheet you will find a way to point out a single mistake he made In the game and praise the defence.

How much do you want to bet?

Garryb80

So the fact he hasn’t played consistently above L1 doesn’t mean anything when justifying calling him a L1 keeper who will need to step up?

Let’s be blunt here, it’s only because it’s me and you have a weird psychosexual obsession with me that you’re chipping in here.
Can you show us the facts to prove Walton and sarkic have played consistently at his level then?

shmmeee

Can you show us the facts to prove Walton and sarkic have played consistently at his level then?

They. Are. 23. (Edit: sorry Walton is 25)

This isn’t rocket science is it?

You gonna put your money where your mouth is? £10 to charity if I don’t slag off Moore after his first clean sheet.

Grendel

Ogrizovic was 27 when he joined us and was a lower league keeper until then

As for the last comment it just shows your sensitivity and paranoia

shmmeee

Cool. So nothing like a keeper who is 31 and being released from a team in the same division after failing to even make the squad last year.

Grendel

Cool. So nothing like a keeper who is 31 and being released from a team in the same division after failing to even make the squad last year.

It’s an entirely valid argument to your original point - that he’s played his whole career at levels below and was only ever a back up player at the level we are in

Now you’ve changed the argument and it’s the fact he’s been released by a club in our league

Garryb80

They. Are. 23. (Edit: sorry Walton is 25)

This isn’t rocket science is it?

You gonna put your money where your mouth is? £10 to charity if I don’t slag off Moore after his first clean sheet.
What does age matter? You seem to think all young keepers can step up.
Hardly a fair bet is it? I mean I'm sure even you could keep your opinion to yourself just for one game. You wouldn't praise him though.

procdoc

Fuck me this is a bizarre hill to die on. It’s not like he’s shit and we’ve just signed him from a pub team. He’s still played 35 times at this level and twice at the level above. I’ll reserve judgement until he’s had a run of games.

fatso

tenor (65).gif

fatso

tenor (98).gif

NortonSkyBlue

I actually agree with you on this subject but just to point out that he has two European cup winners medals in his possession before he joined us. Not bad for a lower league keeper.

D

Deleted member 2477

Ta
Fuck me this is a bizarre hill to die on. It’s not like he’s shit and we’ve just signed him from a pub team. He’s still played 35 times at this level and twice at the level above. I’ll reserve judgement until he’s had a run of games.
xi for shmmeee

Users who are viewing this thread