2 more players for this lineup (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

For me we arent far off.

The essentials are ideally Ostigard and a left footed Centre half

A LWB

Then a prem loan ideally to look at replacing James because lets be honest Kelly wont last more than 12 games on the spin

See?

skyblueelephant76

Matt Clarke from Brighton (last year on loan to Derby) is going to West Brom for £5m; anybody who thinks we will get hold of Osti (other than on loan-and I think there'd be loads of suitors) is living in the land of make believe (although I'd happily be wrong)
Clarke has gone to WBA on loan

AOM

A few have mentioned Ostigard now, are we actually linked with him again or is it more like wishful thinking?

Saddlebrains

The latter

May be wishful thinking but the bloke hasnt changed his location on socials from Coventry yet.

Also still has himself in a city kit as his picture.

Only small but some players whack all that stuff back to their parent club pretty quickly

• Love
Reactions: AOM

Yorkshire SB

We have replaced squad players with players who are good enough to rotate with the 11

Up front we have, but even then we had Gyokeres last season.

Ostigard, James and McCallum 3 of our best 5/6 players in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm not complaining, you can tell from other teams' transfers that it's not been straightforward. Clearly we've not finished yet, but we were just about good enough to stay up last season, and we've a worse starting XI at present.

Frostie

Listen, I’m going to be calling for a new GK until the window closes or we sign one. Just like all the people that won’t accept we signed Sheaf are calling for “backup to Kelly”.

AM I could take or leave, perhaps a CM to challenge Hamer would be useful though.

There was talk of us signing 2 goalkeepers from the well informed like @better days , I wonder if that's still the case?
Looks like Sarkic is going to Birmingham now as Etheridge is in hospital with Covid.

fatso

Matt Clarke from Brighton (last year on loan to Derby) is going to West Brom for £5m; anybody who thinks we will get hold of Osti (other than on loan-and I think there'd be loads of suitors) is living in the land of make believe (although I'd happily be wrong)
Theres only 2 or 3 championship clubs capable of spending that kind of money on 1 player, and they've generated that cash by selling players, freeing up wages by not renewing contracts, and spending their parachute payments.
All the other clubs havnt got a pot to piss in.
So I wouldn't let the odd purchase distort the overall view of championship finances.

Players like Ostigard will be wanting first team football, if Brighton can't offer that he will demand a loan or want his contract terminated. Either way i can't see him starting the season at Brighton.

long way home

MR says he wants 4 more in but only thinks 2 are realistic, then he has no other option but to look within his current squad to fill the gaps. If that's the case then a few will be thrown in and a few more will be found out until the solution is found.

Either way I can't see MR holding on to those who can't step up. He wants to improve and move higher up the league, some within this group will have a chance to gain a starting spot and hold onto it. It would be great to see a few younger players get a chance and shine. Tough season, but I think MR is sounding like a man who expects us to compete in this league not stand still.

Last edited:

slowpoke

I don’t see a lot happening now until the premier clubs announce their first team squads especially loan wise Robins has stated he wants four more two permanent and two loans so I suspect the loans are from premier clubs. The Ostigard thing is a bit head scratching if you ask me he has made it clear he wants first team football Brighton have just loaned out Matty Clarke and their best CB Ben White constantly linked with a big move somewhere. The squads have to contain atleast 8 “home” grown players so I can’t see Osti making the squad to be honest. With all that I’m sure MR has his targets just a case of wait and see.

kg82

I heard we are looking for a 2nd keeper
Don't know who it is though unfortunately
Brighton just brought in another keeper from Ajax, didn’t they? And, Walton’s been bandied about on here. I’m putting 2 and 2 together… probably incorrectly.

slowpoke

I really don’t see another keeper coming we have Wilson, Billson and Tyler backing Simon Moore up but I suppose you never no if one turned up better than what we have.

shmmeee

I really don’t see another keeper coming we have Wilson, Billson and Tyler backing Simon Moore up but I suppose you never no if one turned up better than what we have.

Two kids and two L1 keepers really isn’t enough.

better days

Brighton just brought in another keeper from Ajax, didn’t they? And, Walton’s been bandied about on here. I’m putting 2 and 2 together… probably incorrectly.
I really don't know
But I suspect Moore is going to be our no 1 to start with

TM8792

A proper striker who can score goals, a completely new defence, an attacking mid to replace O'Hare and some wingers and we are almost there IMO

shmmeee

Well the two “kids”

It’s what we had last year and the year before Billson is 21 in October Tyler 20 next birthday. Goalies are expensive items and I don’t see Robins adding to what we have.

The year before we were in L1, last year GK was our worst position. GKs are expensive because they earn you points, like strikers. And we added two strikers when we already had two decent ones.

slowpoke

And he has sold one and brought a new one in, keepers more than any other position are always a fingers crossed signing I remember Bryan King, best keeper outside the top division just didn’t work out for us, so let’s hope Simon Moore is a good replacement for Marcosi

shmmeee

I hope he does well obviously. Just concerned about hoping a 31 year old steps up to a level he’s not performed at yet.

Garryb80

I hope he does well obviously. Just concerned about hoping a 31 year old steps up to a level he’s not performed at yet.
He palayed twice against Man Utd in the premier league in 2019/20 and 35 games in the championship. I fail to see how this backs up your post

shmmeee

He palayed twice against Man Utd in the premier league in 2019/20 and 35 games in the championship. I fail to see how this backs up your post

He conceded 6 goals over those two games against Man U and let in more GPG in the Championship than Wilson did last season. And that was in 2017.

By far the level he’s played most at (over 100 games) is L1.

Garryb80

He conceded 6 goals over those two games against Man U and let in more GPG in the Championship than Wilson did last season. And that was in 2017.

By far the level he’s played most at (over 100 games) is L1.
Funny you can reel off these stats now but when I asked you several times before you can't me a single realistic keeper we could sign instead. You said he hadn't played at the level yet he has. Now using stats to solely blame him for conceding goals when he has a whole team in front of him.

NortonSkyBlue

Funny you can reel off these stats now but when I asked you several times before you can't me a single realistic keeper we could sign instead. You said he hadn't played at the level yet he has. Now using stats to solely blame him for conceding goals when he has a whole team in front of him.
But surely that is the same for those that damned Marosi and Wilson?

shmmeee

Have you?

Walton for one. Sarkic another. I’d rather have a young keeper than an old one 🤷

He’s just let in another 3 BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread