2 more players for this lineup (1 Viewer)

Garryb80

Have you?

Walton for one. Sarkic another. I’d rather have a young keeper than an old one 🤷

He’s just let in another 3 BTW.
Sarkic zero championship experience. Walton 1 championship season. And yet you don't want Moore who has experience at higher or equal levels.
So far you haven't named a better keeper in my opinion
Of course you think all goals conceded are goalkeepers errors rights?
Let's analyse.. 1st goal a free kick not many keepers are saving 2nd goal made the initial save made a bad decision after 3rd goal good finish after shambolic defending.
Could he have played better in his first friendly match against a champions league side possibly but to write him off because you want someone even less experienced is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Legia Sky Blue

On first impressions I expected him to be bigger. I wasn't overly impressed and while yes the 2nd goal was a great free kick, before their player took it, it looked like he was giving him too much to shoot at (a bit like Seaman did for Koeman back in the day), and I felt a goal was very likely. I thought he was particularly poor for the 3rd goal though, and on yesterday's evidence he didn't look any better than Wilson, which is a clear worry. Its one game though, and a bit of rustiness is to be expected, so only fair to see how he does from here on.

shmmeee

Sarkic zero championship experience. Walton 1 championship season. And yet you don't want Moore who has experience at higher or equal levels.
So far you haven't named a better keeper in my opinion
Of course you think all goals conceded are goalkeepers errors rights?
Let's analyse.. 1st goal a free kick not many keepers are saving 2nd goal made the initial save made a bad decision after 3rd goal good finish after shambolic defending.
Could he have played better in his first friendly match against a champions league side possibly but to write him off because you want someone even less experienced is ludicrous.

You OK mate?

Young goalkeeper: likely to step up. Old goalkeeper: unlikely to improve. Not rocket science is it?

First goal: he left a gap wider than your mum on that side and the bloke said thanks a lot. Second goal he went down quicker than your mum the day before benefits day.

Abd again: he’s got the same amount of championship experience as Wilson has. He’s a L1 keeper who got dropped by his team after the went up. Just like Marosi and Wilson. And he’s been let go by a club that’s just been relegated into our division. And all the people who have seen him say he’s gash but a nice bloke. The evidence isn’t great that he’s some outstanding goalie who for some reason couldn’t get a team to want him last season.

Great if you think he’s Donnarummas older better brother. I just don’t. We’ll see shall we. Personally I don’t see how he’s any better than Wilson and think we’ll need better.

procdoc

You OK mate?

Young goalkeeper: likely to step up. Old goalkeeper: unlikely to improve. Not rocket science is it?

First goal: he left a gap wider than your mum on that side and the bloke said thanks a lot. Second goal he went down quicker than your mum the day before benefits day.

Abd again: he’s got the same amount of championship experience as Wilson has. He’s a L1 keeper who got dropped by his team after the went up. Just like Marosi and Wilson. And he’s been let go by a club that’s just been relegated into our division. And all the people who have seen him say he’s gash but a nice bloke. The evidence isn’t great that he’s some outstanding goalie who for some reason couldn’t get a team to want him last season.

Great if you think he’s Donnarummas older better brother. I just don’t. We’ll see shall we. Personally I don’t see how he’s any better than Wilson and think we’ll need better.
Everyone can see you’ve had an agenda against Moore since the day we signed him. You didn’t mention the brilliant save he made where the shot was heading for the bottom corner. He might turn out to be rubbish but judging someone in the first pre season friendly is ridiculous

shmmeee

Everyone can see you’ve had an agenda against Moore since the day we signed him. You didn’t mention the brilliant save he made where the shot was heading for the bottom corner. He might turn out to be rubbish but judging someone in the first pre season friendly is ridiculous

Im not. I’m judging him on his entire career. (And I’ve been saying this since before we signed him)

Why do you think no one took him while he couldn’t even get in the squad at Sheff Utd? Why did they drop him as soon as they got to this level? Why did they release him when they’re back at this level? Why is the best puff piece the local media can do it “he’s a nice guy with no real strengths” and the same from the nice fans, the nasty fans just say he’s shit. And finally why didn’t he start yesterday and instead came on with the injured and U23 players?

Maybe we’ve found a gem that’s evaded the entire football league for 14 years and tricked his club and their followers so he can make his move to CCFC and release his true potential. I’m just saying it’s a bit unlikely.

I don’t have anything against him. I just don’t think he’s good enough to progress us. I think he’s a panic signing because we got shot of Marosi and then found we didn’t have the budget to improve on him.

Garryb80

Im not. I’m judging him on his entire career. (And I’ve been saying this since before we signed him)

Why do you think no one took him while he couldn’t even get in the squad at Sheff Utd? Why did they drop him as soon as they got to this level? Why did they release him when they’re back at this level? Why is the best puff piece the local media can do it “he’s a nice guy with no real strengths” and the same from the nice fans, the nasty fans just say he’s shit. And finally why didn’t he start yesterday and instead came on with the injured and U23 players?

Maybe we’ve found a gem that’s evaded the entire football league for 14 years and tricked his club and their followers so he can make his move to CCFC and release his true potential. I’m just saying it’s a bit unlikely.

I don’t have anything against him. I just don’t think he’s good enough to progress us. I think he’s a panic signing because we got shot of Marosi and then found we didn’t have the budget to improve on him.
Yet you want a wolves keeper with zero championship experience who we wouldn't even own. Staggering logic

Garryb80

You OK mate?

Bordering on obsessive tbh. If he was as gash as you claim why did sheffield United play him in 2 games against united?
As for sarkic how can you possibly know he will step up as you put it? You argue you want experience then tell us being young is better

At least if you insist on your biased vendetta try not to contradict your own argument

Ccfcisparks

You OK mate?

You are reaching with that first goal. It was just a quality free kick. If you think Walton or Sarkic would have saved it you are deluded

shmmeee

You are reaching with that first goal. It was just a quality free kick. If you think Walton or Sarkic would have saved it you are deluded

Im really not. I was watching and waiting for him to not be hugging his left post as it was clear he couldn’t get across. It was a great free kick, but betting a player can’t get it over your wall is criminal.

shmmeee

Bordering on obsessive tbh. If he was as gash as you claim why did sheffield United play him in 2 games against united?
As for sarkic how can you possibly know he will step up as you put it? You argue you want experience then tell us being young is better

At least if you insist on your biased vendetta try not to contradict your own argument

Obsessive? Replying to people who are asking me to justify what I see as a fairly obvious opinion?

Ive not said experience is what I want at all. You’ve made that up. I’ve said I either want someone who has done it at this level or someone on his way up who might.

There’s just a group of fans who have a cry every time anyone says one of our players might not be world class.

I’m confident he won’t be first choice this season anyway considering Wilson started ahead of him. Hopefully the rumours of Robins wanting another keeper are true and all this is moot and it’s just a question of why we spent the cash on him.

Ccfcisparks

Im really not. I was watching and waiting for him to not be hugging his left post as it was clear he couldn’t get across. It was a great free kick, but betting a player can’t get it over your wall is criminal.
We will have to agree to disagree there mate. It was a brilliant free kick that was always curling away from Moore. If the free kick taker had stuck it in the other corner you would have blamed him for being too far across the other way. For players of that quality, free kicks from that distance are almost the equivalent of penalties. For the 3rd he’s messed up, but the biggest culprit was the defender (was it Fadz?) getting beaten when the forward was going nowhere.

shmmeee

We will have to agree to disagree there mate. It was a brilliant free kick that was always curling away from Moore. If the free kick taker had stuck it in the other corner you would have blamed him for being too far across the other way. For players of that quality, free kicks from that distance are almost the equivalent of penalties. For the 3rd he’s messed up, but the biggest culprit was the defender (was it Fadz?) getting beaten when the forward was going nowhere.

OK sure. Simon Moore is a world class keeper. I take it all back.

Jesus the lengths people will go to to shield our players from criticism.

“Free kicks are like penalties at that level” yeah that’s why a grand total of one was scored in the Euros. 😂😂😂

Ccfcisparks

“Free kicks are like penalties at that level” yeah that’s why a grand total of one was scored in the Euros. 😂😂😂
When did I call him a world class keeper you daft prick. didnt realise you can’t have a discussion without getting your back up. Go and sit in the sun and calm down. Getting this wound up about a friendly isn’t normal.

Ccfcisparks

Shmmeee vs Moore could become an interesting subplot on the forum this season I think. I'll watch with great interest.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I reckon Simon must have shagged his missus. To be wound up after 1 pre season game ain’t normal.

Ccfcisparks

If he has I’d question Moores eye sight !

giphy.gif

shmmeee

When did I call him a world class keeper you daft prick. didnt realise you can’t have a discussion without getting your back up. Go and sit in the sun and calm down. Getting this wound up about a friendly isn’t normal.

Im getting this wound up because I state a simple opinion based in fact (I hope the rumours were still after a keeper are true because Moore is a gamble based on his history) and get pelters for it. So I give them back.

You’re in another thread saying you’re concerned about the keeper situation FFS!

Said already I hope I’ve got egg on my face come the end of the season, but early signs aren’t good are they?

procdoc

You were criticising him before he’d kicked a ball for us. You had already decided he was shit so he could have a great game in the next friendly and it won’t matter because you’ve already made your mind up

shmmeee

You were criticising him before he’d kicked a ball for us. You had already decided he was shit so he could have a great game in the next friendly and it won’t matter because you’ve already made your mind up

Well no, because I base my opinions on facts and not hopes and dreams.

COV

Shmmeee vs Moore could become an interesting subplot on the forum this season I think. I'll watch with great interest.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What is the massive grudge against the guy?

Nobody is pretending he’s the new Buffon, not that I’ve see anyway, too early to say either way- but he seems to be on a mission to have everyone brainwashed into thinking he’s garbage before the season has even started

shmmeee

What is the massive grudge against the guy?

Nobody is pretending he’s the new Buffon, not that I’ve see anyway, too early to say either way- but he seems to be on a mission to have everyone brainwashed into thinking he’s garbage before the season has even started

There’s no grudge. Just people overreacting to someone saying he’s a gamble and it snowballing from there. Ending up with people claiming free kicks are like penalties.

Marty

Moore was poor for all the goals, I think that's fair, but it's a pre season friendly, it means nothing currently. If we have made a mistake in signing him then I'm sure the club are already looking to rectify it.

COV

Well no, because I base my opinions on facts and not hopes and dreams.

Yes but you don’t have any facts? He’s played in one friendly. If you’re basing this strange onslaught against him based on what other people say and his lack of games in previous years, that’s a bit lazy tbh. The only true fact here is that you don’t know how he will turn out for us, nobody does yet.

COV

There’s no grudge. Just people overreacting to someone saying he’s a gamble and it snowballing from there. Ending up with people claiming free kicks are like penalties.

And you don’t think you’re overreacting? I haven’t seen a single person saying he’s brilliant

shmmeee

And you don’t think you’re overreacting? I haven’t seen a single person saying he’s brilliant

Mate. I’ve got people insulting my missus because I pointed out he’s got a worse record at this level than Wilson and will need to perform above where he ever has to be an improvement. Sure. I’m overreacting.

Brighton Sky Blue

Mate. I’ve got people insulting my missus because I pointed out he’s got a worse record at this level than Wilson and will need to perform above where he ever has to be an improvement. Sure. I’m overreacting.

Welcome to being called a crybaby for having doubts over us giving Bright a contract.

Marty

Why do you care what some randoms on the internet call you or your wife? tbh, not sure how that ccfcisparks hasn't been banned yet, constantly name calling and insulting people and then offered someone out last week after the England game.

Users who are viewing this thread