12 Days of Christmas Quiz (6 Viewers)

Grendel

So 6 more players to complete by Friday - may do the 2 central midfielders today

Definitely doing one......

Central Midfielder One

He played in the 80's despite the attempt to look like a 70's rocker this is the picture when he joined us I think - he did not last long before going back where he came from

upload_2018-12-18_13-41-36.png

Grendel

Ok another one today

Central Midfielder Two

The first Premier league player on the list (although it was a very brief career with us) a rather inferior foreign import

upload_2018-12-18_16-48-30.png

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm living up to your pathetic comment 'G'. I'm CCFC through and through, but I might have to visit the doctors by the end of this quiz!

Calista

Got a full house up to now, with a bit of a struggle, but these latest two have me stumped.

I thought I instantly recognised the first one, but when I looked up the player I had in mind they only appeared for us at the end of the 70’s, so I must be mistaken. Spitting image though - hairstyle, tache and all.

The guy in the purple shirt looks familiar, but I stand no chance of naming him.

It looks like there’s going to be a gaping hole in my central midfield, which at least is in keeping with Sky Blues tradition.

Grendel

Got a full house up to now, with a bit of a struggle, but these latest two have me stumped.

I thought I instantly recognised the first one, but when I looked up the player I had in mind they only appeared for us at the end of the 70’s, so I must be mistaken. Spitting image though - hairstyle, tache and all.

The guy in the purple shirt looks familiar, but I stand no chance of naming him.

It looks like there’s going to be a gaping hole in my central midfield, which at least is in keeping with Sky Blues tradition.

Don’t believe everything you read....

Calista

Ah yes, cheers G. For just one week at Christmas time, the evil monster comes out of his lair and spreads goodwill amongst men with a sadistic quiz :)

I associated the player with a particular manager who wasn’t even in charge in the 70’s, so it did puzzle me a bit, and it turns out I was right. Wasn’t he hopeless btw!

Forty-year-old fake news, who would have thought it? Probably part of a Russian plot to break up NATO, beginning in a cunningly small way by sowing the seeds of confusion on Sky Blues Talk, but with the ultimate goal of undermining the western public’s trust in the internet.

I’m now going to think a bit harder about the man with the fancy purple top and the luscious lips.

Grendel

Ok the next one is:

Left Midfield

Another premier league player - played the most on the list - but was always a joke figure for a particular reason I think

Slightly different for this one only - Its a Catchphrase type clue - As Roy Walker would say - just say what you see....

upload_2018-12-19_14-53-26.png

Grendel

Two tonight then one each next two days

Centre Forward

Yes the big number 9. Appeared not for long in the 80's

Odd photo - its the one on the right but get the one on the left (much more famous) and what they are doing and things will become much clearer...
upload_2018-12-19_17-1-32.png

Grendel

Two to go then

Forward

Appeared in the Championship years at Highfield Road - albeit briefly. Big name in his day - made it to an England Squad once but sadly went wrong for him

upload_2018-12-20_13-12-0.png

tisza

So 6 more players to complete by Friday - may do the 2 central midfielders today

Definitely doing one......

Central Midfielder One

He played in the 80's despite the attempt to look like a 70's rocker this is the picture when he joined us I think - he did not last long before going back where he came from

View attachment 11180
you know the footballing link with a Coventry City legend for this player?

Grendel

OK in case I cannot post tomorrow I am finishing this now.

First the "rules"

To enter you need to donate £2 to the Dogs Trust

Donate to a Dog Charity | Help Us Today | Dogs Trust

Complete a one payment on the link above and then PM me the PDF and then your entry

I will stop the entries by Saturday 21 Dec at midnight - so any posts after that will be void

I will collate the winning entries and confirm during the Christmas week the winner (likely to be winners) and agree a time to do some form of "play off" in which first to reply wins the £20 to a Charity of your choice kindly donated by Tony

(that is a joke Tony)

Grendel

So the final clue

Substitute

Unused - but used by a few other clubs for some considerable time.

Good Luck

upload_2018-12-20_17-27-4.png

Sky Blue Harry H

Being nice won’t get you extra points Harry
th

Otis

Ok the next one is:

Left Midfield

Another premier league player - played the most on the list - but was always a joke figure for a particular reason I think

Slightly different for this one only - Its a Catchphrase type clue - As Roy Walker would say - just say what you see....

View attachment 11186
Hooray! I have identified one at last.

martcov

Earlier today and probably the last one until next Tuesday and I think a real easy on (played more than 12 games)

Right Wing

A message to you Martcov

This is not your hero the Iron Chancellor its your nemesis the Dutchman

View attachment 11163

I should have a half chance on this one as I was still getting to more games at home..but no, I cannot place him. Despite knowing plenty of right wingers on here... I remember a Belgian, but it’s not him by any stretch.. a Dutchman... no .. I’m getting old.. cannot place him.

oucho

Ok the next one is:

Left Midfield

View attachment 11186
Took me five mins to get this, but having done so I am feeling very smug.

martcov

I should have a half chance on this one as I was still getting to more games at home..but no, I cannot place him. Despite knowing plenty of right wingers on here... I remember a Belgian, but it’s not him by any stretch.. a Dutchman... no .. I’m getting old.. cannot place him.

Yes, that was just after I chucked my job in... and left Cov... but came back for a bit.. I remember the tram line tops and wore one on my travels.. from the Mick Ferguson, Ian Wallace days... would have been just after that time because of the Talbot logo. So I cheated and looked it up...:)

Grendel

Not exactly a flood of entries yet.....

Otis

Yeah it is completely over my head, no chance at all :(

Yeah. If you had put something like ex City striker, absolute legend, beginning with the letter D and ending with the letter N, I might have had a chance.

Though still would have probably gone for Roy Donovan*.

*And as you can see, I can't even get his name right either.

Grendel

Well at this rate a very low entry could claim the prize

Grendel

I keep looking at this picture and all I keep seeing is Jamie Redknapp.

Really - he’s the second easiest on here I’d say

oucho

I like the ''Catchphrase" style question, perhaps next year Grendel could do a similar quiz with the clues for all 12 days of Christmas based on such a format.

Users who are viewing this thread