12 Days of Christmas Quiz (1 Viewer)

Grendel

if people are up for it I’m going to do a quiz on the build up to Christmas

There will be 12 players - one every day - building up to the 25th - all of whom have played less than 12 games for the club.

No entries until all 12 are submitted. When they are you can post up who you think. It’s £2 per entry to the Dogs trust and I will need proof or you are excluded from winning. Will look at the entries from Boxing Day and entries close on the 30th

If it’s a tie the first entry of the nearest to the correct total wins

Winner gets £20 to charity of their choice

Grendel

I do not know if this is going to work well and there is one obvious flaw but anyway I will give this a go:

Goalkeeper

A player who is very synonymous with our most embarrassing defeat without even playing in the game

upload_2018-12-10_17-1-34.png

oucho

I do not know if this is going to work well and there is one obvious flaw but anyway I will give this a go:

Goalkeeper

A player who is very synonymous with our most embarrassing defeat without even playing in the game

View attachment 11143
Good idea, I'll be having a go at this. Got this bloke (I think!).

Grendel

Good idea, I'll be having a go at this. Got this bloke (I think!).

I have revised they have all played less than 12 as I figured it was too obscure - I will highlight the ones who have played more

oucho

My one minor quibble on this would be that the 12 days of Christmas begin on Christmas Day, they don't end with Christmas Day!

But looking forward to the next instalment nonetheless!

Grendel

Right Back

OK. Started at MUFC but was pretty much a one club man for most of his career - had a very very average two years here - bit of a street with no name.....

upload_2018-12-11_17-16-4.png

oucho

Whoa that looks a very old school photo. How far back does this quiz go i.e. how far back in time could the players be from?

Grendel

Whoa that looks a very old school photo. How far back does this quiz go i.e. how far back in time could the players be from?

He played for us in the mid to late 80’s - there are none before the 80’s - the two centre halves I think are easy - the left backs story is hilarious

There is a clue as well in there

oucho

Penny dropped just now thanks to that clue!

Grendel

Left Back

Voted as the worst player on a fans forum of the club he left us for (fair comment)

He then was accused of stealing a VHS from a school

Then career finished he won the lottery

upload_2018-12-12_17-12-16.png

Calista

Had only just cracked the first two mind-benders when this third one came up. It’s the first photo I have actually recognised, and the name popped straight into my head so I got this in seconds.

They’re tough questions alright, but I’m a tiny bit hooked now. Sadly, if anything comes up relating to the last 15 years in the wilderness I may have to give up. I can't even recall the people who played regularly last year.

Oucho, we might need a mince pie shoot-out at dawn to settle this :)

Reactions: TTG

Grendel

Had only just cracked the first two mind-benders when this third one came up. It’s the first photo I have actually recognised, and the name popped straight into my head so I got this in seconds.

They’re tough questions alright, but I’m a tiny bit hooked now. Sadly, if anything comes up relating to the last 15 years in the wilderness I may have to give up. I can't even recall the people who played regularly last year.

Oucho, we might need a mince pie shoot-out at dawn to settle this :)

Oddly like you I can easily remember fringe players from 20 years ago but can’t remember many who’ve gone through the conveyor belt in the last 15 or so

There are only two players from the championship years in the line up - the rest are all top flight (ish)

edgy

Just an idea. Wouldn't it be fairer if entries were sent via PM. Or people can wait until the last minute and pinch answers that they couldn't get themselves?

Grendel

Just an idea. Wouldn't it be fairer if entries were sent via PM. Or people can wait until the last minute and pinch answers that they couldn't get themselves?

Yeah I’ll need to think about that as it’s who blinks first otherwise

Grendel

Yeah I’ll need to think about that as it’s who blinks first otherwise

OK so slight change all entries by PM and I will close it on Dec 31 - I won't be posting at the weekend a player or Monday and want to be finished by Friday - so the centre back pairing together tonight

Grendel

Centre Half 1

Sounds like a misplaced Italian meal and played like he'd ate 20 of them just before the game. Dear oh dear

upload_2018-12-13_17-21-52.png

Grendel

Centre Half 2

Another championship player from the Highfield Road era and although his time here was brief he is the only player in the team who is still playing in the English league

upload_2018-12-13_17-34-6.png

Grendel

Earlier today and probably the last one until next Tuesday and I think a real easy on (played more than 12 games)

Right Wing

A message to you Martcov

This is not your hero the Iron Chancellor its your nemesis the Dutchman

upload_2018-12-14_13-8-7.png

Calista

I seem to remember at the time that there was a bit of hype around his signing, and we all hoped he was going to tear opposition teams apart. His name sounded so good - I mean you don't look for too much from a Simon Blenkinsopp or a Terry Potts, but with this guy world domination was the least you expected.

Grendel

I seem to remember at the time that there was a bit of hype around his signing, and we all hoped he was going to tear opposition teams apart. His name sounded so good - I mean you don't look for too much from a Simon Blenkinsopp or a Terry Potts, but with this guy world domination was the least you expected.

Yeah it’s a great name

Starts up again next Tuesday

I’m trying to find a decent picture of the first central midfielder.

To come;

An 80’s midfield Maestro (using British Leyland terminology)

Two PL stars (ha ha) - one an EU import

An 80’s centre forward (picture will challenge) and a championship strike partner

And the substitute......

Will confirm submission times next week as well - may need to bring it forward as some people seem To be researching very seriously!

Sick Boy

How does this work with entries @Grendel? Do we submit them all in one go when they’ve all been posted? A great idea to raise some money for charity, thanks for taking the time to do this.

chiefdave

I’ve got no chance with this. Every week I wonder who that is in defence until I remember Jordan Willis had his hair cut a couple of years ago!

Grendel

How does this work with entries @Grendel? Do we submit them all in one go when they’ve all been posted? A great idea to raise some money for charity, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Yes fair point.

I think best thing is this.

Send me a pm with your answers and proof of the entry fee of a £2 donation to the dogs trust - without this proof entry is excluded

I will make the last photo next Friday

The closure for entries will be Saturday at midnight

Then I will see who has the most

I suspect a few will win with the same score. I will say who those are the following week (Dec 27) and then agree a time to run a shoot out at which first correct answer wins the £20

Users who are viewing this thread