Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

- We 100% need a new CM, the drop off to Eccles and Kelly is too big.
- Thomas looked good, but lost concentration for their 1st
- MVE and Simms will come good
- gOdDeN iS tHe BeSt FiNiSHer aT da cLuB
- Wright's pace looks very exciting. Encouraging that he looked to run with the ball.

fatso

So frustrated that Simms went off instead of godden. Just don't get it

And hamer want really lagging imo.

Argh.
Once we've completed our recruitment, I can't see Simms or Godden getting in the starting line up.

Eventually it will be Wright and a.n.other.

San Francisco

Tactical changes from both sides and Godden missing his chances gifted them the game IMO but plenty of positives to take from this. Can't complain too much considering they're essentially a lite Premier League team at home with ridiculous depth and financial capability and we made them look pedestrian in the second half.
Once the new players are bedded in and confident we'll be a real force.
We've also got a few more players coming in I reckon to add depth and quality.

stupot07

We were far too narrow. Palmer's average position is further forward than Simms. Far too much work left for sheaf and Hamer in the middle.

9e0ab820d4749f8fb17ff64218179eb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

San Francisco

Once we've completed our recruitment, I can't see Simms or Godden getting in the starting line up.

Eventually it will be Wright and a.n.other.

No chance. Simms will start most games. MR won't buy a player for 8m just to leave him on the bench.

southern_comfort

Facebook User
A lot of positives today, the subs definitely weakened the team and gave Leicester the control of midfield and helped them push on to the win. A lot of good sides will go to the KPS and get turned over this season. we held our own for spells of the game and I believe we are going to have a good season into the play offs at least, The only worry is when Hamer eventually does leave we are weaker and MK has his work cut out for when that happens.

djr8369

Gutting not to see that out but take a lot of positives from that considering Leicester are expected to be champions by many.

New signings generally very positive although a few will take time to gel with the team and a few will take time to adapt to the league.

Biggest difference though, aside from Gus coming off, was stamina. Palmer was dead on his feet from 70 mins and most of the rest of the squad at 80. Not sure if that’s preseason starting late or Leicester having prem staff and facilities or what.

clint van damme

He played really well, he didn't put away his chances but his movement and hold up play was brilliant. Honestly hate the scapegoating

Don't agree, looked devoid of confidence and his efforts for the 2nd and 3rd chane were atrocious.

I've been a big supporter of him but that just wasn't good enough..

Tommo1993

We were far too narrow. Palmer's average position is further forward than Simms. Far too much work left for sheaf and Hamer in the middle.

9e0ab820d4749f8fb17ff64218179eb0.jpg

This shows how easily they got down our flanks. But doesn’t explain the acres of space we kept giving them in the middle.

Brighton Sky Blue

Gutting not to see that out but take a lot of positives from that considering Leicester are expected to be champions by many.

New signings generally very positive although a few will take time to gel with the team and a few will take time to adapt to the league.

Biggest difference though, aside from Gus coming off, was stamina. Palmer was dead on his feet from 70 mins and most of the rest of the squad at 80. Not sure if that’s preseason starting late or Leicester having prem staff and facilities or what.
I did think after Exeter we'd have benefited from another friendly, and the rustiness in the first 20-25 minutes showed that.

HadjiChippo

I have nothing positive to say for Leicester - they 'may ' find it a struggle
Yeah definitely, came away feeling more positive for us than for them, they knicked it today from individual brilliance from a player who may be elsewhere in September, also not sure the Man City style of play suits players like their GK, Faes and Vestergaard in particular who looked vulnerable. Also don’t see the hype around Mavididi, who looked bang average for 90% of the game, running down blind alleys and unnecessary tricks etc.,

Iheanacho and second half KDH changed the game for them. We should’ve been out of sight before they even had 1.

Users who are viewing this thread