Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (5 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

Think I’d start sakamoto ahead of palmer
Drunk GIF

Sbarcher

Towards the end of last season MR played through without using subs when we had advantage. Why did he feel the need to change today?
Sorry but the bench is the place for Godden this season.

mmttww

Palmer started missing simple passes in the last 20 mins. Frustrating, but until O'Hare is fit, I expect he'll start.

covcity4life

Agreed. Unless Wright and Simms link up brilliantly in training and Wright is definitely fit enough to start, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same starting XI. MvE and Wright have to earn a spot.
Vs Wimbledon? Might be some players given a start to help them earn a spot for league games

pusbccfc

I’ve calmed down now and can sense the tension of everyone trying their hardest not to mention a certain Swedish striker. We must all remember he had his bad days.

Although I’ll stand by the idea that MVE and Sakamoto will need to wise up to the most competitive footballing country on the planet.

Not too sure Vik would have made too much difference. He certainly would have missed his chances too. Missed plenty similar to the Simms one in the second half.

Martin180

Just a comment
I keep seeing posts about the timing of the subs .
While I agree Kelly coming on didn't really add anything , it was a chance for Wright and Van Ewijk to show what they could do.
Every single match thread from the last two seasons we all moaned that Robins left it too late to make changes , we now have a better squad and is making changes earlier and we still moan

Ccfcisparks

Very promising performance , really should have come away with something.

Team not quite clicking but when we do it's going to be a joy 😉

Always take the positives, we move
I think it was just the front 3 that struggled on that. Thought the back 3 did really well.

covcity4life

Just a comment
I keep seeing posts about the timing of the subs .
While I agree Kelly coming on didn't really add anything , it was a chance for Wright and Van Ewijk to show what they could do.
Every single match thread from the last two seasons we all moaned that Robins left it too late to make changes , we now have a better squad and is making changes earlier and we still moan
Cos he took off a good striker for a good striker. Left one playing poorly on. We needed 2 good strikers on pitch to beat title favourites.

It's that simple

Evo1883

Thought the fans were excellent aswell , middlesbrough could be in for a rough afternoon next week, football wise

Martin180

Cos he took off a good striker for a good striker. Left one playing poorly on. We needed 2 good stirker son pitch to best title favourites.

It's that simple
Playing poorly ?
He played well , got in good areas but snatched his chances . Was Simms one on one any better?

Ashdown

Despite a pretty good performance overall, In my humble opinion i can see why we got so much money for Vik, he offered so much and despite missing some chances at times was a handful. I’d have loved him to play today against those half wits 😕

HadjiChippo

Thought the fans were excellent aswell , middlesbrough could be in for a rough afternoon next week, football wise
Sounds silly, but that’s a must win if we are serious about promotion this season, I can excuse one loss after a decent performance, but it can’t happen twice in a row and definitely not at home

TomRad85

Very promising performance , really should have come away with something.

Team not quite clicking but when we do it's going to be a joy

Always take the positives, we move
You're right, it's quite clear we're a good side from that, against probably the league winners let's face it. Still I hate losing and very frustrating to do so as I don't think it was deserved and it seemed very avoidable.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

First 15 minutes of the second half I thought Godden was fantastic. Unfortunately he had 3 brilliant chances. The first was a good save, but the second he had on his left was really poor.

Yeah, everyone talks like some of these chances are sitters but they’re difficult when keepers are out quick. The first two in second half were half chances really. I expected him to finish third (after Wright shot) albeit from tight angle and he also missed his kick from nice corner move first half. I like Godden but he’ll be disappointed to only work keeper/hit target one from those four. Poor really

On another day one or two of those go in.

fatso

Well at least you admit it. You can just stop typing you know.
Wtf are you on about ?

You undermined your own argument saying we don't sign multi million pound strikers to sit on the bench, when we had our club record signing, literally sat on the bench!!!

You're not very bright are you.

skyblueinBaku

I thought that Simms seemed reluctant to shoot in the first half. Wright's cameo showed what a player he can be. Godden was disappointing. Thomas was a beast and will be a star in the defence. The midfield was overun too often.

Users who are viewing this thread