Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (3 Viewers)

HadjiChippo

Hope we go for a strong first half lineup against Wimbledon midweek and get to see more of Saka and Wright, really want us to put a team to the sword for confidence reasons.

oscillatewildly

Not impressed with Leicester or their home fans atmosphere. Library.

Wilson didn’t have much to do at all.
We’ll be fine this season.
This is no breaking news as far as Leper city's atmosphere is concerned, that said once they get those clapper things going they are worldies.
However I think it's safe to say they may have unearthed the new Vardy. (At this level)

Tommo1993

May have just been the first game. But Simms’ first touch was horrific. His chance in the second half…well. Nobody else struggled like him today imo. Palmer faded in and out of the game.

Grendel

Those that said this about godden during pre season were lynched on here. Get him on the bench robins

That said prob start him on Wednesday in the cup. That's his role sub league and rotational option to start a small percentage of games too.

I think he will start Saturday

Grendel

This is no breaking news as far as Leper city's atmosphere is concerned, that said once they get those clapper things going they are worldies.
However I think it's safe to say they may have unearthed the new Vardy. (At this level)

Ah well that’s ok then who cares we lost

clint van damme

You're right, clubs like ours usually buy multi million pound forwards to warm the bench.

This forums getting dumber by the minute.

We left Walker on the bench who was are most expensive signing for some time, albeit not multi million

oscillatewildly

Those that said this about godden during pre season were lynched on here. Get him on the bench robins

That said prob start him on Wednesday in the cup. That's his role sub league and rotational option to start a small percentage of games too.
Other than the minor cup comps or a 5-0 lead with 2 mins remaining (stoppage time) or a direct hit from a stray Russian or Ukranian drone on Ryton, Godden will be lucky to make the subs bench for the rest of the season after today.

Balli001

Other than the minor cup comps or a 5-0 lead with 2 mins remaining (stoppage time) or a direct hit from a stray Russian or Ukranian drone on Ryton, Godden will be lucky to make the subs bench for the rest of the season after today.
Clearly haven't heard Robins interview then

Ccfcisparks

I think we are going to be very possession dominant against some of the weaker teams this year. First 25 minutes of the second half were really good

covcity4life

We have no other back up options at moment

I'm worried robins will never play wright and Simms togethrt like we never got to see o hare and Palmer together but considering the transfer fees surerly he will

Sky Blue Pete

Clearly haven't heard Robins interview then
He’ll have said he was a bundle of energy and made brilliant runs and unlucky with good saves or just wide

And all that’s true
But he gets two of those on target and they go in we thrash Leicester at home

Ccfcisparks

He’ll have said he was a bundle of energy and made brilliant runs and unlucky with good saves or just wide

And all that’s true
But he gets two of those on target and they go in we thrash Leicester at home
First 15 minutes of the second half I thought Godden was fantastic. Unfortunately he had 3 brilliant chances. The first was a good save, but the second he had on his left was really poor.

steve cooper

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, but I wouldn't have made 3 changes in one go when we were well on top. It broke our rhythm and gave leicester the encouragement to attack us while the 3 substitutes were bedding into the team.
I would have just liked to see Wright for Godden as the first change, Simms was doing alright considering every time he received the ball he had 2 men around him.

SkyblueTexan

A lot of positives today, the subs definitely weakened the team and gave Leicester the control of midfield and helped them push on to the win. A lot of good sides will go to the KPS and get turned over this season. we held our own for spells of the game and I believe we are going to have a good season into the play offs at least, The only worry is when Hamer eventually does leave we are weaker and MK has his work cut out for when that happens.
I agree...just have to reject all offers for Hamer and roll the dice for this season

Ashdown

It’ll be Simms and Wright as the front two, hopefully with another striker brought in as backup.
I beg to differ, I’m going to guess ( Hope to fuck I’m wrong ) that both will need a bit of time to shine and both will need a smaller slicker partner to act as a foil.

Tommo1993

I’ve calmed down now and can sense the tension of everyone trying their hardest not to mention a certain Swedish striker. We must all remember he had his bad days.

Although I’ll stand by the idea that MVE and Sakamoto will need to wise up to the most competitive footballing country on the planet.

Ccfcisparks

I’ve calmed down now and can sense the tension of everyone trying their hardest not to mention a certain Swedish striker. We must all remember he had his bad days.

Although I’ll stand by the idea that MVE and Sakamoto will need to wise up to the most competitive footballing country on the planet.
Remember the vitriol towards him after he missed that penalty at Barnsley

mmttww

I think he will start Saturday
Agreed. Unless Wright and Simms link up brilliantly in training and Wright is definitely fit enough to start, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same starting XI. MvE and Wright have to earn a spot.

Users who are viewing this thread