Match Thread ⚽️ Hull City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Aug (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Some positives out of that, our defence/GK isn’t one. Thought Palmer and Dabo looked good and once they can last 90 mins will make a difference. Should have won if it wasn’t for gift wrapping goals, but again didn’t really do enough with our possession in their half. Missing Hamer and O’Hare massively and like last season missing something different on the bench.

Still not convinced Allen is a Championship player, completely anonymous today. What can you say about Moore? We’ve got to stick with him but by god I wish we had enough room on the budget to go get a new keeper and let Wilson go.

Another goal from a corner too, good delivery from Waghorn.

larry_david

What the scoreline won't tell you is that at 1-1 we were on the ascendancy and they looked like they'd ran out of ideas.

Moores fuck up gave them the momentum again and that was it. Personally that's 3 games we could have won but for gk errors.

Gint11

Whilst I’m concerned I think we are all naturally getting a bit carried away. It is understandable as we are bottom but once we play at home, get some players back and hopefully bring someone in for Hyam, I think we’ll be fine.

If and when we climb out of the bottom three things probably won’t seem as bad. I was quite critical of the boys after the match yesterday while emotion was high but I do think on reflection the lack of match sharpness is probably the main reason to be fair.

Great_Expectations

Talk of ‘relegation fodder’ and ‘relegation season ahead’ across this forum I assume (and hope) are reactionary comments fuelled by an emotive few days.

We have lost two games due to individual errors, and unfortunately from a position where they often directly result in goals. We haven’t been outplayed, we’ve looked good in spells.

And we’re three games behind everyone at the start of the season - the worst time this could happen - so we’ve had zero chance to build momentum or match sharpness. That’s critical in the Championship.

And we’re without our best player in COH.

And we’re without another key player (once every three games) in Hamer.

And we’ve had a distracted start to the season.

And we haven’t yet played at home.

There’s reasons to be positive, Palmer showed he has ability, him and COH behind Gyokeres is exciting. We still have the big four.

Hyam is a big loss, but let’s see who we bring in before we lose our heads completely. I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Let’s wait and see where we are Thursday morning;

All players retained, a good Hyam replacement and a win at home = all good.

Gyokeres gone, no Hyam replacement and another loss = there may be some merit in being concerned (but we still won’t be relegated).

Sure, we still have SISU but that is what it is - we cannot change that. We can just hope there’s truth to us being for sale.

Macca

Some positives out of that, our defence/GK isn’t one. Thought Palmer and Dabo looked good and once they can last 90 mins will make a difference. Should have won if it wasn’t for gift wrapping goals, but again didn’t really do enough with our possession in their half. Missing Hamer and O’Hare massively and like last season missing something different on the bench.

Still not convinced Allen is a Championship player, completely anonymous today. What can you say about Moore? We’ve got to stick with him but by god I wish we had enough room on the budget to go get a new keeper and let Wilson go.

Palmer looked really useful

Macca

Talk of ‘relegation fodder’ and ‘relegation season ahead’ across this forum I assume (and hope) are reactionary comments fuelled by an emotive few days.

We have lost two games due to individual errors, and unfortunately from a position where they often directly result in goals. We haven’t been outplayed, we’ve looked good in spells.

And we’re three games behind everyone at the start of the season - the worst time this could happen - so we’ve had zero chance to build momentum or match sharpness. That’s critical in the Championship.

And we’re without our best player in COH.

And we’re without another key player (once every three games) in Hamer.

And we’ve had a distracted start to the season.

And we haven’t yet played at home.

There’s reasons to be positive, Palmer showed he has ability, him and COH behind Gyokeres is exciting. We still have the big four.

Hyam is a big loss, but let’s see who we bring in before we lose our heads completely. I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Let’s wait and see where we are Thursday morning;

All players retained, a good Hyam replacement and a win at home = all good.

Gyokeres gone, no Hyam replacement and another loss = there may be some merit in being concerned (but we still won’t be relegated).

Sure, we still have SISU but that is what it is - we cannot change that. We can just hope there’s truth to us being for sale.

Not really, I agree there are positives but we have only won 8/35 games and the defence is horrific. It is that which is a concern not the rest of the team

Macca

Defence has been the issue since we returned to the championship.
But we've got too many aresholes trying to slate O'Hare and Godden to see where the problem lies.
Think we'll be ok this second but without a change of owners or a change in the way they run the club think we'll be in real trouble next season.

yep we may be able to patch up for this year but until ownership changes it will be a temporary stay if execution

fernandopartridge

Dabo was poor i thought and culpable for the 3rd goal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread