Match Thread ⚽️ Hull City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Aug (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

well it’s back to 2011 isn’t it. Come January we will have to flog someone big to stay afloat - he’s always been welded to the owners - he’s starting to sound agitated - I think Viveash is very unhappy from what I gather

We seem to be at a point where new ownership is pretty crucial to our short to medium term future

Sick Boy

well it’s back to 2011 isn’t it. Come January we will have to flog someone big to stay afloat - he’s always been welded to the owners - he’s starting to sound agitated - I think Viveash is very unhappy from what I gather
Isn’t he relatively close with Fisher? From what I remember he was instrumental in bringing him back.

Evo1883

Based on previous comments they’re unable to sustain the club in the Championship - it really is time they fucked off.

So right now is the best time to sell us , and with that in mind a small part of me thinks they need to be and will be gone before Christmas

Grendel

Isn’t he relatively close with Fisher? From what I remember he was instrumental in bringing him back.

Yes Fisher bought him back to the club. Fisher I think hardly works at the club now on a regular basis

no_loyalty

At least the recruitment team have identified a CB to replace Hyam, just hope he is half decent and not from the German third tier.

slowpoke

Look where Forest were this time last season and where they are now, I’m sure once Joy invests the money we receive for Hamer we’ll be okay

Goalkeeper ?? Ben Foster still without a club, could be a good addition and use his experience to help the three youngsters Billson, Tyler or Bell. wages shouldn’t be an issue with a couple of million+ in the bin. 🤭

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Look where Forest were this time last season and where they are now, I’m sure once Joy invests the money we receive for Hamer we’ll be okay

Goalkeeper ?? Ben Foster still without a club, could be a good addition and use his experience to help the three youngsters Billso, Tyler or Bell. wages shouldn’t be an issuer with a couple of million+ in the bin.

Starting to think Foster isn’t a nonsensical shout.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve heard we’ve identified someone called M. Hilssner as the primary replacement - had some injury problems of late but a prime bounceback candidate, and already very popular with the medical staff.

We all know it’s Dabo don’t keep up the suspense

Finham

Goalkeeper ?? Ben Foster still without a club, could be a good addition and use his experience to help the three youngsters Billson, Tyler or Bell. wages shouldn’t be an issue with a couple of million+ in the bin. 🤭
We're selling Hamer TOO?!????

wingy

What stat was one of the caller's to the phone in trying to make as my brain is addled.
Something to do with last forty game's?
Clean sheet or other?

larry_david

Entertaining but ultimately frustrating game. Gift gift and gift. Hull is an interesting place, got started as walked through the shopping centre by a bunch of 11 year olds who despite it being 25 degrees and roasting, were in full hoodies and trackies. Terrifying

Macca

Without defensive additions I feel relegation could be a big possibility. The rest of the set up isn’t spectacular but competent. Let’s not forget we have scored 5 goals in 3 away games. It’s not even major surgery defensively. We haven’t been undone by brilliance or having defenders being turned inside out but by 7 very avoidable goals. We need 2 solid seasoned professionals who can execute the basics of defending. Like others I’m sure that no progress will be made with current owners, their business model is based on League 1. It’s been said before

Grendel

Without defensive additions I feel relegation could be a big possibility. The rest of the set up isn’t spectacular but competent. Let’s not forget we have scored 5 goals in 3 away games. It’s not even major surgery defensively. We haven’t been undone by brilliance or having defenders being turned inside out but by 7 very avoidable goals. We need 2 solid seasoned professionals who can execute the basics of defending. Like others I’m sure that no progress will be made with current owners, their business model is based on League 1. It’s been said before

spot on

Grendel

fernandopartridge

Goalkeeper ?? Ben Foster still without a club, could be a good addition and use his experience to help the three youngsters Billson, Tyler or Bell. wages shouldn’t be an issue with a couple of million+ in the bin.
Give it a rest

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

First outing for the anti Wasps/Sisu/Council song today for a long, long time.

clint van damme

Defence has been the issue since we returned to the championship.
But we've got too many aresholes trying to slate O'Hare and Godden to see where the problem lies.
Think we'll be ok this second but without a change of owners or a change in the way they run the club think we'll be in real trouble next season.

shmmeee

Some positives out of that, our defence/GK isn’t one. Thought Palmer and Dabo looked good and once they can last 90 mins will make a difference. Should have won if it wasn’t for gift wrapping goals, but again didn’t really do enough with our possession in their half. Missing Hamer and O’Hare massively and like last season missing something different on the bench.

Still not convinced Allen is a Championship player, completely anonymous today. What can you say about Moore? We’ve got to stick with him but by god I wish we had enough room on the budget to go get a new keeper and let Wilson go.

pusbccfc

Some positives out of that, our defence/GK isn’t one. Thought Palmer and Dabo looked good and once they can last 90 mins will make a difference. Should have won if it wasn’t for gift wrapping goals, but again didn’t really do enough with our possession in their half. Missing Hamer and O’Hare massively and like last season missing something different on the bench.

Still not convinced Allen is a Championship player, completely anonymous today. What can you say about Moore? We’ve got to stick with him but by god I wish we had enough room on the budget to go get a new keeper and let Wilson go.

Allen was solid.

Users who are viewing this thread