Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Rotherham United Match Thread - Sunday 7th Aug (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Robins is fuming from what I read
Don't blame him. How many times have we had public statements from Wasps that pitch problems will be a thing of the past and now we might not even be able to play the first game of the season. You'd laugh at this if it happened to Leamington or some other non-league team, disgrace it can happen at this level.

procdoc

Don't blame him. How many times have we had public statements from Wasps that pitch problems will be a thing of the past and now we might not even be able to play the first game of the season. You'd laugh at this if it happened to Leamington or some other non-league team, disgrace it can happen at this level.
Especially in a modern stadium

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not going to help entice signings or getting loanees from the big clubs if we can't even get a pitch that's playable for the first game of the season, let alone one conducive to playing decent football.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

For fuck sake. Wasps are useless, the quicker they die the better. Can we spray some insecticide around Coventry in order to rid ourselves of these wankers. Someone needs a stern talking to, fuck that more than stern. We are a top end Championship club, we shouldnt be facing this issue, we have a 32,500 capacity stadium, supposed to be state of the art. It looks incomplete and has a shite pitch. How has it been allowed to get to the state of being unsafe to be played on. Wasps owe us a lot for this. Fucking piss take

mark82

“I’ve no idea how they’ll get it up to standard for Sunday. Looking at it now, there’s no chance. I don’t know who to blame - ask someone above my head."

Wow. Really not happy.

robbiekeane

“I’ve no idea how they’ll get it up to standard for Sunday. Looking at it now, there’s no chance. I don’t know who to blame - ask someone above my head."

Wow. Really not happy.
What a fucking embarrassment.

Naive question probably but is this not to be expected if they played a rugby tournament on it a week beforehand?

Like, did no one raise it at the time?

Bugsy

Can we just play at the Sky Blue Lodge Ryton, got a lovely new laid pitch there...PUSB

The one club this could happen to it would be us.

clint van damme

How many opening day games have we had abandoned over the years?
I can remember Spurs (A) and Watford (A).

Grendel

How many opening day games have we had abandoned over the years?
I can remember Spurs (A) and Watford (A).

when we started at the Ricoh we reversed some fixtures I think

Lord_Nampil

In 2012 we didn’t change any fixtures, first 2 games were away but one was in the cup. We played Sheff United at home 12 days after the last game in the olympics… obviously 12 days is a lot more than 7…. Even Bristol city would only be 10 days… think the World Cup shift (agreed middle of last season??) has probably taken away the extra week we probably thought we would have but should have been taken into consideration when arranging our fixtures.

aloisiwouldhavescored

What a fucking embarrassment.

Naive question probably but is this not to be expected if they played a rugby tournament on it a week beforehand?

Like, did no one raise it at the time?
I am sure I read somewhere, before the fixtures came out, that City would be playing the first two games away from home which would have been the sensible thing to do, because of the Rugby 7s. However, this didn't happen, so now we have got this pitch problem which could have been avoided. Clearly lack of foresight on someone's part.

Sky Blue Pete

I am sure I read somewhere, before the fixtures came out, that City would be playing the first two games away from home which would have been the sensible thing to do, because of the Rugby 7s. However, this didn't happen, so now we have got this pitch problem which could have been avoided. Clearly lack of foresight on someone's part.
And me

Travs

Yeah i think it was 23 or 24k just for the QPR game.

Really set the ball rolling on us never getting higher attendances, as we'd have sold out 32k and we destroyed QPR. It was a massive missed opportunity.

fatso

I'd be amazed if its called off with less than 24 hours notice, with a bumper crowd expected. I'm not sure the football league would be too impressed.
But maybe serious questions need to be asked, I'm sure our landlords must have some responsibility to provide a playable surface.

Users who are viewing this thread