Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Rotherham United Match Thread - Sunday 7th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Rotherham United match, tactics and predictions :)

Jamesimus

Anyone know anything about the current Rotherham team? Are they a similar physical side to the one that went up previously, or are we expecting something different?

Londonccfcfan

We should win this, again we will have alot of the ball just like Swansea against these. They will hoof ball, long throws and get the crosses in.

Simple plan stop the crosses , win first header and we win this easy. Our football will do the talking.

Keep a clean sheet, and we win. We dont need to change it too much. Only changes id make is.

Control the midfield and we win match.

Palmer for Godden
Dabo for eccles

Id keep Bidwell at wing back purely for defensive reasons.

Londonccfcfan

Even with Ohare potentially out (whats odds on him surprisingly being fit).

Its good we have lots of options in terms of formation and personell even with Ohare out.

Bugsy

ccfc_Tom

We should win this, again we will have alot of the ball just like Swansea against these. They will hoof ball, long throws and get the crosses in.

Simple plan stop the crosses , win first header and we win this easy. Our football will do the talking.

Keep a clean sheet, and we win. We dont need to change it too much. Only changes id make is.

Control the midfield and we win match.

Palmer for Godden
Dabo for eccles

Id keep Bidwell at wing back purely for defensive reasons.

He was appalling defensively vs sunderland

larry_david

Mate is a Rotherham fan he says they play wing backs and 3 cbs like ourselves and they are the three slowest player he's ever seen. He said pace and ball on the deck and we'll batter them. Apparently Swansea just kept going long on saturday and Richard Wood and co were mopping it up easy.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Coventry to win 2-0 Hamar and Vik to score

Philosorapter

Coventry City (1498P) Vs Rotherham United (1491P)

Win (1622P) +124
Draw (1498P) +0
Loss (1375P) -123

Game1.PNG
Game1.1.gif
Game1.0.1.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would like to see Adaramola in the squad and even if he and Dabo don't start want to see them given half an hour to freshen things up and keep the intensity. Palmer and Tavares likely subs as well.

Really should be looking for a win, but preferably one where we don't need yet another late strike.

Nick

Administrator
It's amazing Richard Wood is still going at this level. Fair play to him I guess.

He was slow 12 years ago though!

If it's in the channel then Gyo would hammer him every time.

If we play it in the air to head height, Wood will have a field day.

Frostie

Mate is a Rotherham fan he says they play wing backs and 3 cbs like ourselves and they are the three slowest player he's ever seen. He said pace and ball on the deck and we'll batter them. Apparently Swansea just kept going long on saturday and Richard Wood and co were mopping it up easy.

Not sure where he's got that from, it's the absolute opposite of how any Russell Martin team plays:

76% Possession - 1st in the Championship
89% Pass Accuracy - 1st in the Championship
90% Short Passes - 1st in the Championship
7% Long Passes - Fewest in the Championship
3% Crosses

Rotherham only contested 23 aerial duels all game & only won 10 of them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Agree on their system & weaknesses though.

They are a direct side, Ogbene is a real threat up top, some surprise they have managed to keep hold of him actually. They'll go direct to him as often as possible with Connor Washington playing just off him.

In my opinion, they are probably weaker than the team they put out in this division 2 years ago & probably even weaker than their L1 team with the loss of Smith, Ladapo & Ihiekwe & struggling to recruit.
They are very tough to break down though so we may need to be patient, an early goal either way could be massive.

Against Swansea they flooded the centre of the pitch to restrict space & even their wingbacks tucked in on occasion. It worked. Swansea despite having literally all the ball really struggled to create & were restricted to a lot of long shots although one of course resulted in Harry Darling's wonder goal.

On paper, that game plan would usually work well against us, denying Sheaf, Hamer & O'Hare space to work in.
In the absence of O'Hare, might be one for the more attacking wingbacks & trying to create space out wide.

larry_david

Not sure where he's got that from, it's the absolute opposite of how any Russell Martin team plays:

76% Possession - 1st in the Championship
89% Pass Accuracy - 1st in the Championship
90% Short Passes - 1st in the Championship
7% Long Passes - Fewest in the Championship
3% Crosses

Rotherham only contested 23 aerial duels all game & only won 10 of them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Agree on their system & weaknesses though.

They are a direct side, Ogbene is a real threat up top, some surprise they have managed to keep hold of him actually. They'll go direct to him as often as possible with Connor Washington playing just off him.

In my opinion, they are probably weaker than the team they put out in this division 2 years ago & probably even weaker than their L1 team with the loss of Smith, Ladapo & Ihiekwe & struggling to recruit.
They are very tough to break down though so we may need to be patient, an early goal either way could be massive.

Against Swansea they flooded the centre of the pitch to restrict space & even their wingbacks tucked in on occasion. It worked. Swansea despite having literally all the ball really struggled to create & were restricted to a lot of long shots although one of course resulted in Harry Darling's wonder goal.

On paper, that game plan would usually work well against us, denying Sheaf, Hamer & O'Hare space to work in.
In the absence of O'Hare, might be one for the more attacking wingbacks & trying to create space out wide.

I dunno, he went to the game so I assumed from that.

shmmeee

Definitely change things around. Moore to edge it in goal but only with his ears ringing that if he pulls a Lee Burge again he’s out for Wilson. Still annoying me.

Moore
Hyam Fadz Panzo
Dabo Hamer Allen Sheaf Adaramola
Godden Györkeres

Two banks of three and let the wingbacks bomb on.

Cranfield Sky Blue

I will be in Ireland visiting family. Sorry to ask but would I be able to watch on iFollow? I know in uk it is classed as a Saturday game and won’t be shown, but don’t know about overseas! Thanks.

PUSB

skybluegod

Definitely change things around. Moore to edge it in goal but only with his ears ringing that if he pulls a Lee Burge again he’s out for Wilson. Still annoying me.

Moore
Hyam Fadz Panzo
Dabo Hamer Allen Sheaf Adaramola
Godden Györkeres

Two banks of three and let the wingbacks bomb on.

I honestly can't fathom starting Allen again. I like him on occasion but he was poor against Sunderland and this isn't a game built for his attributes. Would rather try and get 60 mins out of Palmer.

CBS16

Would go with same again but dabo in for Eccles. Early days but not really seeing much from Palmer in pre season and Sunderland seems to be quite sloppy in his play. I'd ease him in until up to speed I'm sure there's a good player there, would start with Allen for Sunday though

SlowerThanPlatt

Adaramola travelled as the 19th man Sunday. Doesn’t sound like he’ll be playing yet, him and Palmer probably start v Bristol City

“We have some good players. Callum Doyle was sat on the bench and he’s going to be a really good player, so we have some talent in the building.

"Tayo Adaramola wasn’t involved either and I just want him to have a look and get used to the way we play and do things before we let him out on everyone.”

Users who are viewing this thread