Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Rotherham United Match Thread - Sunday 7th Aug (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

I honestly can't fathom starting Allen again. I like him on occasion but he was poor against Sunderland and this isn't a game built for his attributes. Would rather try and get 60 mins out of Palmer.

Well I’m assuming Palmer isn’t ready yet, and the only other option is Eccles, but yeah I’d be inclined to agree.

SkyblueTexan

We need to win this, especially since it's supposedly against one of the weaker teams in the league and we're at home. Also, that would keep us at a 2pt per game average and it's important to keep us with the rest of the pace setters. However, with that said, I was impressed with Rotherham's draw vs Swansea. Great result for them. So there really aren't any gimmes in this league.

mmttww

I'd love to see us start 433 and change it if it's not working. Teams won't expect it and we could blow a weaker team away then revert to the back three and close the game down. If we did that, I'd want:

Moore
Dabo
Fadz
Panzo
Bidwell
Sheaf
Hamer
Palmer
Vik
Godden
Tavares

to start with Sheaf deepest, full backs fairly steady and Vik and Tavares to tear down the channels. Walker could come on for Godden if it's working but Godden isn't adding much.

If he goes with the usual set up, which I'd understand, like someone else said, I don't want Allen near the starting XI after Sunday. Added nothing. I'd start Palmer and sub him when he tires. I'd understand Bidwell dropping out, too.

Mcbean

Not sure Dabo will make a start - he would have started him Sunday if he was near fit

slowpoke

Is Dabo injured then, I know he was on the bench Sunday but I took that as a tactical choice, he seemed to be flying when he came on.

Londonccfcfan

Any ambitions of fighting for play offs we must be keeping clean sheets. Cant always be expected to score min of 2 goals to win a match.

Clean sheets get you top 6.

Our last clean sheet at home vs Barnsley early February.

alexccfc99

Hope that pitch is somewhat rescued for Sunday

Rotherham will be rubbing their hands at a bobbly and all round poor pitch, probably the best time for them to play us

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Moore
Dabo - Fadz - Panzo - Bidwell
Hamer - Sheaf - Allen
Tavares⚽️x1 - Godden - Gyokeres ⚽️x3

Subs : Wilson, Adaramola, Rose, Hyam, Eccles, Palmer, Walker​

This is a team we should be beating and I think we will batter them 4-0. However knowing City it’ll be a 1-1 or 1-0

rexo87

Moore

Dabo Hyam Fadz Panzo Bidwell

Sheaf Hamer

Palmer

Godden Vik

If Palmer not fit then Waghorn in the 10. Don't want to see Allen playing in that position again

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Wouldn’t shock me if we drew. We looked awful going forward against Sunderland when they were sitting back and I imagine Rotherham will sit back even further.

Londonccfcfan

Will be one of our biggest home fans crowd of about 18500/19k ...since back at CBS but wont be 20k plus crowd.

Rotherham will bring about 1k max.

skybluegod

Given how depth there Eccles looked against Sunderland, the decision to bin Kane off was weird/stupid. Maybe Greggs was right.

He equally looked very assured in the position against the likes of Boro, Stoke and Southampton last season.... Not sure one game is enough to write him off in the position. He's not a long-term solution but he can do a job when required.

Ashdown

We hardly ever win when we are expected to, it’s traditional. I am cautiously optimistic though and looking forward to the match. Only about 80 tickets left now in 22/23 from all of Blocks 14-23. I’m behind the goal , so hoping that fills up now too over the next couple of days.
I’d like to see us up the tempo a bit against these, we were a bit slow at times at Blunderland .

Tommo1993

3-1 City. Definitely start Dabo ahead of Eccles. Would like us to start Palmer if ready. Interested in seeing Adaramola but doesn’t sound like he’s in immediate plans. Keep everything else the same as Sunday.

fernandopartridge

How has Walker earned a place ahead of Godden? Ok Matty missed a good chance on Sunday but he put himself about, and was feeding on scraps for most of the game. If anyone, it would be Fabio starting with Vik

Because Godden is slow. Tavares is nowhere near good enough to start a match for us.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

How has Walker earned a place ahead of Godden? Ok Matty missed a good chance on Sunday but he put himself about, and was feeding on scraps for most of the game. If anyone, it would be Fabio starting with Vik
Godden was pretty much anonymous on Sunday. I don't necessarily agree he should be dropped but if their performances had been reversed on Sunday, everyone would be calling for Walker to be dropped for Godden. For what it's worth, I am happy with either starting.

Martin180

Could Tavares play in the 10 role behind Vik and Godden?
Allen just wasn't up to that role on Sunday and if Palmer isn't fit then why not try Tavares ?
It seems Waghorn is out of favour

Matt smith

Could Tavares play in the 10 role behind Vik and Godden?
Allen just wasn't up to that role on Sunday and if Palmer isn't fit then why not try Tavares ?
It seems Waghorn is out of favour

Moore
Dabo
Dom
Fadz
Panzo
Tayo
Sheaf
Gus
Palmer
Godden
Viktor

I think this is one of those games where I’d rather us go for it early, especially at home

we still have enough of the bench in waghorn Walker Fabio if we need to make an attacking change

these options aren’t great, but they’re not the worst in the world

and then if we’re winning, Allen and bidwell are ideal after 60/70

Great_Expectations

Dabo for Eccles is a no brainer, as long as it isn’t going to risk Dabo getting a LT injury if he’s not fully ready.

I’d like Allen out of the team, but doesn’t sound like Palmer is ready. Plus, I think I was watching a different game at the weekend as he looked off the pace to me (this isn’t writing him off, I’m confident he’ll be an asset).

If they are slow he has to unleash Taveres with a substantial amount of the game left.

If we are seriously considering play offs (which we should) then we need to win.

2-0 Gyokeres, Taveres.

coop

Looks like a decent crowd as well .Why do they keep the corner bit for walk ups wouldn't it be better to stick them behind the goal.

Tommo1993

Must win, yeah.

Disaster if we lost? Nah.

Imagine if Paxman was a Fulham fan after losing 4-1 to a lowly Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread