Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Preston North End Match Thread - Wednesday 31st Aug (1 Viewer)

theferret

So looking forward to this. Think it'll be rocking tomorrow. Ticket sales (for a midweek game) look really healthy. Time to rally together.

Nick

Administrator
Really looking forward to it but a bit nervous, April was the last time going up there which feels about 15 years ago.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

Really looking forward to it but a bit nervous, April was the last time going up there which feels about 15 years ago.

Same. Considering it was only meant to be a short summer break between seasons as well

curly_tom

They've drawn 5 of their first 6 games 0-0; that's very unusual. We have scored and conceded a few so I can't imagine what will happen. I think a win would be very good for everyone and a defeat will send everyone over the edge. Nervous

bawtryneal

Going to be a good turnout tonight
If you are paying on the night I would get there early as will be queues for the remaining seats behind the goal

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Its gonna be a case of good dynamic attack vs a good solid defense. Then a shit attack that cant score in a night club vs a defense that leaks more goals than a leaky tap leaks water

PVA

2-0 win, Hamer and Gyo to score

Pains me to say it but Wilson has to start. Moore is just calamitous at the moment

KenilworthSkyBlue

2-0 win, Hamer and Gyo to score

Pains me to say it but Wilson has to start. Moore is just calamitous at the moment

True, but he's still the far more superior GK. Really it's a case of does Robins feel he can play through his bad run of form or does he genuinely need a break to get his head right.

Wilson is just as much of an accident waiting to happen.

shmmeee

If we make it to halftime without conceding I’d back us to win. Don’t think we will though.

Liquid Gold

First game had to be fucking Preston didn't it.

Expect to see about half an hour of actual football if they score first.

Offhegoes

Would like to see Robins shake things up tonight. Perhaps a new formation (4-3-3) and bring in Tavarres in a front 3 with Godden & Vik.
Back four of Dabo-Rose-Panzo-Bidwell, and midfield 3 of Hamer, Sheaf & Palmer.

Grendel

I really hope nobody is left out in mysterious circumstances.

Gyokeres injured and Biamou on the pitch at half time signing a 3 year deal

KenilworthSkyBlue

Would like to see Robins shake things up tonight. Perhaps a new formation (4-3-3) and bring in Tavarres in a front 3 with Godden & Vik.
Back four of Dabo-Rose-Panzo-Bidwell, and midfield 3 of Hamer, Sheaf & Palmer.

Given conceding has been the issue rather than scoring goals I'd suggest it's probably not wise to drop a defender from the back line.

TomS91

If Fadz is injured I wouldn't be surprised to see Allen keep his place in midfield and Sheaf drop back into the back 3. Can't see Doyle being thrown in from the start yet and Robins loves picking Allen.

Hobo

I have never been an admirer of PNE teams. They are often boring and we never seem to do well against them.

I am just going to rock up and try to enjoy the game. I would settle for a scruffy win.

Ashdown

Looking forward to it. Couldn’t get two seats together in our favoured noisy corner, so behind the goal. Blocks 14 through 22 all sold out now so hope the numbers swell in the North Stand.
Just hope we can open them up early, no one else has yet, they are well overdue to concede a couple.

Nick

Administrator
I hope their keeper time wastes and Leon Clarke scores a very late winner on his debut.

Stuart Beavon to score for them, the legend.

Users who are viewing this thread