Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Preston North End Match Thread - Wednesday 31st Aug (5 Viewers)

Bugsy

Forget the doom and gloom for this game plenty of time to vent at our incompetent owners, 1st home game let's make it a party atmosphere and try and lift the squad ......PUSB

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Hamer in for Allen, Wilson in for Moore and Doyle in for Rose

1-0 city. Godden to score around the 75th minute

Wilson
Panzo - Fadz - Doyle
Dabo - Sheaf - Hamer - Bidwell
Palmer
Godden - Gyökeres

Subs: Moore, Rose, Burroughs, Allen, Waghorn, Tavares, Walker​

stupot07

Personally I would like us to go back to the box for this one, we look too light weight in midfield and for me Godden and Gyokeres just don't work together. He won't though because you can't drop either of them. A last minute transfer bid may change that. I would expect him to go with the same team as Saturday but Hamer for Allen.

As much as Moore has been awful, Wilson is equally as error prone.

Palmer did ok on Saturday but I felt Waghorn had more of an impact when he came on so I would be tempted to give him the nod in the 10.

.................Moore
........Rose...Fadz...Panzo
Dabo..Hamer..Sheaf.....Bidwell
..........Allen....Waghorn
..............Gyokeres

Subs: Wilson Doyle Palmer Eccles Godden Walker Taveres.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully will see a bit of fight, they are a horrible team so we can't let them just come and bully us.

Ideally that doesn't mean a Hamer booking in the 3rd minute for him tripping somebody up off the ball for no reason.

lord_garrincha

Ideally that doesn't mean a Hamer booking in the 3rd minute for him tripping somebody up off the ball for no reason.
There was laughter when looking at Ryan Bennett's bookings, but I wonder how many of them were 'taking one for the team'?

In Gus' case... this never happens, which only pisses you off more.

larry_david

ffs website says it's not on ifollow. Assuming that's us saying we don't want it to to try get as many people down there as possible?

MAFF

Not sure the club has a say, does it?

nope. it's not on ifollow as it is a round of fixtures that have been moved due to the world cup i.e. it would normally have been a weekend fixture so no on ifollow.

lord_garrincha

ffs website says it's not on ifollow. Assuming that's us saying we don't want it to to try get as many people down there as possible?
Club's twitter did respond to someone about this. Saying that, in an ordinary season, it's a weekend fixture.

So that's my sickie excuse to my gaffer sorted on Thursday!

Londonccfcfan

Just win don’t care how but win
Exactly this. Play shit for a change and win.

Think there will be changes.

Wilson for Moore (dont think it's a change anyone wants but has to be made as Moore just needs to be taken out of limelight)

Palmer for Allen.

Unchanged.

Left field from me. High scoring win for us 3-2. We wont keep a clean sheet again.

larry_david

What a ridiculous rationale.
Yeah I was going to comment but wasn't sure if i'd get shot down. So it's been moved due to a world cup and instead of everyone agreeing it's now a midweek game and to make it available for all, they've just stuck to the initial terms of the fixture? Make it make sense!

shmmeee

Yeah I was going to comment but wasn't sure if i'd get shot down. So it's been moved due to a world cup and instead of everyone agreeing it's now a midweek game and to make it available for all, they've just stuck to the initial terms of the fixture? Make it make sense!

Not even sure how it’s been moved? Surely the fixtures were always on those dates.

CV22SBA

Hamer in for Allen, Wilson in for Moore and Doyle in for Rose

1-0 city. Godden to score around the 75th minute

Wilson
Panzo - Fadz - Doyle
Dabo - Sheaf - Hamer - Bidwell
Palmer
Godden - Gyökeres

Subs: Moore, Rose, Burroughs, Allen, Waghorn, Tavares, Walker​
Doyle is nowhere near ready for Championship football. Agree with the other two changes though. Moore surely has been warned already prior to Hull about his mistakes.

AOM

A win in any way possible please.

I’d go:

Moore
Rose Fadz Panzo
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
Palmer
Györkeres Godden

S: Wilson, Doyle, Eccles, Allen, Waghorn, Walker……… some rando kid or whatever is lying around.

Agree with this team.

I've seen calls to drop Moore for Wilson, but Moore is the far superior keeper and think he needs to continue playing to get back into form, rather than rotate keepers after every error

Greggs

Can't wait to finally be able to shit in a canal again, it's been ages.

Macca

Keeper to command box, defence to be organised and solid. Midfield to go forward at more than 0.5 mph. Players to “shoot” instead of passing sideways across box. 4-0 city, Waghorn hat trick

edgy

Home attendance looks ok. Block 14-22 nearly sold out. Shame the walk up will be depleted by recent feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread