Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Preston North End Match Thread - Wednesday 31st Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Preston North End match, tactics and predictions :)

SkyBlueSoul

This is sandwiched in between my Grandad's funeral on Tuesday and my (and his funnily enough) birthday on Thursday so would very much appreciate us not being shit. I expect us to score at least one, something's got to give with Preston's ridiculous run of 1 goal in 6 games for either side and I reckon it'll be a belting atmosphere finally being back at the CBS. Should give the players a lift and hopefully yesterday will have got rid of some rustiness.

1-0 CCFC, Vik to score

Assuming the same team to start but with Hamer back in for Allen

wingy

This is sandwiched in between my Grandad's funeral on Tuesday and my (and his funnily enough) birthday on Thursday so would very much appreciate us not being shit. I expect us to score at least one, something's got to give with Preston's ridiculous run of 1 goal in 6 games for either side and I reckon it'll be a belting atmosphere finally being back at the CBS. Should give the players a lift and hopefully yesterday will have got rid of some rustiness.

1-0 CCFC, Vik to score

Sorry to hear that bud.

Brighton Sky Blue

1-0 CCFC, Vik to score

Sorry to hear of that SBS-hope they give you something to smile about.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

1-0 CCFC, Vik to score

All the best for the funeral and birthday mate

SkyBlueSoul

Sorry to hear that bud.
Sorry to hear of that SBS-hope they give you something to smile about.
All the best for the funeral and birthday mate

Thanks all, appreciate it. He was a big City fan, feel very lucky to have got him in hospitality a couple of times last season before his health took a turn. Have wangled it so the outro song at the funeral is the Eton Boating Song, would have made him smile.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure whether to swap Moore for Wilson. If he made another error having a larger home crowd on his back could be horrendous.

I'd bring Hamer back in for Allen.

Going by their results so far 0-0. Going by ours 3-2 either way. Though given how we usually play against them most probably to them.

cooperskyblue

I actually bizarrely have a good feeling about Wednesday.
I think Wilson starts & Hamer comes in for Allen and we will be the first team in the league to score and beat Preston this season.
Got to recreate the unreal atmospheres from last season, get behind the boys and I really do fancy our chances!

Paxman II

Tough side Preston, always hard to break down. Not the sort of game we wanted just now tbh. However we should have enough to beat them and Hamer should strengthen up the middle of the park. Wilson I think has to start. Adaramola on the bench I would hope. Sheaf needs to show his quality, thought he was lacklustre the other day.

SeaSeeEffCee

Tough side Preston, always hard to break down. Not the sort of game we wanted just now tbh. However we should have enough to beat them and Hamer should strengthen up the middle of the park. Wilson I think has to start. Adaramola on the bench I would hope. Sheaf needs to show his quality, thought he was lacklustre the other day.
Are we still going to finish 3rd?

Philosorapter

4.1.1.gif

This one is a bit busy, but included teams (Swansea, Huddersfield and Birmingham) around City's current provisional rating, and also teams (Reading, Norwich and Bristol) near to City's provisional rating when they were at Game 3.

4.1.2.PNG

Attachments

• 4.1.3.gif
    4.1.3.gif
    32.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.1.4.PNG
    4.1.4.PNG
    92.3 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread