Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 1st Oct (2 Viewers)

The Philosopher

At 2:39mins the shout for pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having looked at that frame by frame, it looks like the defender grabbed at the thigh and then went to ground. I guess VAR would have said free kick just on edge of box and yellow card to defender.

The Philosopher

We pretty clearly won’t be adding anyone in January and success will be not losing any more. Persuade Joy to hang on until the summer then we can sell everyone worth anything
I know it’s been done to death but surely any investor (either SISU or an outsider) would be waiting to see what happens with Wasps, the lease and the Council before deciding whether to invest in the squad or sell.

The CCFC position is stronger than when they tried to play hard ball with the Stadium last time. CCFC thought they were the only option and got caught flat footed by the Wasps coming in. Can’t see that happening again (no Rugby club will come in so what? Hockey? Crown green bowls? - no - CCFC will be the only show in town for the stadium).

CCFC will be in a better position if in control of the stadium on their own terms and a more investment friendly option.

WRT January, just like house prices expect big decline in values.

So many clubs up to the hilt in debt which they were paying interest on at low rates. That’s going to change. Expect clubs needing to reduce wage bills and players becoming affordable.

steve cooper

Ahhh seen them given but was clumsy all round. I thought Gyok slipped and took their player out but haven't seen it back yet.
I think it was a penalty. It started outside the box, but as I understand the rule, if it's a foul and contact continues into the box then it's a penalty.
Frame 1 appears to show the defender's foot making contact with Vic's foot just outside the box, but it appears from frame 2 that the contact continues into the box. It appears that the defender's body is still in contact with Vic, over the line.

frame 1.png frame 2.png

fatso

Hyam is a very solid defender at this level. Doyle may well turn out to be better but it’s far too early to say.
Statistics don’t lie, Hyam was not a bad passer of the ball at all. If he was so bang average he wouldn’t have been sold for a fee. He’s not a world beater and the championship is most likely his level but your comments about him are pretty clueless to be honest.
Bang average defender suddenly turns into Bobby Moore the minute he leaves us, ffs wake up.

Old Warwickshire lad

I am buzzing - great win for the team even without Hamer and O Hare - it can be done - onwards and upwards - ref went from being anonymous to a twat in a couple of his odd sprints - curious decisions that were seemingly not in our favour in the second half nearly did for use but for a sterling display by the back three ! Roll on Tuesday
Thought the same about the reff,anonymous then suddenly turned against us. Maybe them continuously pecking at his head all game,eventually came good.

jordan210

Having watched the highlights a few times. The quality was awful but much needed win

At least operation premiership has now re started

Bad Boy

Having looked at that frame by frame, it looks like the defender grabbed at the thigh and then went to ground. I guess VAR would have said free kick just on edge of box and yellow card to defender.
Free kick to us all day long, possibly a penalty.
When are we going to sign someone that can influence the shitty referees handling of the game like Wise did albeit briefly?

procdoc

Bang average defender suddenly turns into Bobby Moore the minute he leaves us, ffs wake up.
I said he was solid at this level. I never said he was a world class centre half. You don’t half come out with some rubbish

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah I agree, no chance of signing Doyle. Like Maatsen, I suspect he will go all the way eventually. Perhaps not with Man City but there aren’t many 18 year olds with those attributes in that position.
Probably be at Southampton next year for a couple of million, that’s where those who aren’t going to be good enough for Man City ending up

kg82

My brother watched on ifollow and said it was outside the box and he more slipped than got fouled
It started outside the box, but he was definitely taken down inside the box. Not really sure what your brother was watching. Dijksteel has been done, he’s off-balance, falling over on to Gyo’s legs and then drags him! The look on his face after told the whole story. I’ve just watched it again to make sure I’m not going mad!

Hertsccfc

Yeah I’ve seen a few go for us that are awful decisions as well, probably not as many cos I’m not looking as hard. The the standard of refs at this level is appalling.
The booking against the Middlesbrough player yesterday was ridiculous

Johnnythespider

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if it's already been mentioned, why did the ref give their keeper the ball when Palmer took the free kick that killed their defender. I was baffled.

Mcbean

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if it's already been mentioned, why did the ref give their keeper the ball when Palmer took the free kick that killed their defender. I was baffled.
We all were - should have been a Cov throw just as if it had hit him in the knee and it went out

Sky Blue Pete

I think it was a penalty. It started outside the box, but as I understand the rule, if it's a foul and contact continues into the box then it's a penalty.
Frame 1 appears to show the defender's foot making contact with Vic's foot just outside the box, but it appears from frame 2 that the contact continues into the box. It appears that the defender's body is still in contact with Vic, over the line.

View attachment 26401View attachment 26403
Was more of a foul than the 5 given against yok for their defender falling over. The last one the assistant referee gave was outrageous

rexo87

Just a word for Fadz. He's now what 35 or 36? Playing with 2 CBs either side of him with very little experience. He's seen quite a few CBs come and go now over the last 4 seasons but he has remained a constant. Robins said he didn't train until Wednesday as he had an illness. Sure, he has his limitations and in an ideal world he would only play 10-15 games a season with a proper budget. But he deserves some proper appreciation. Had his best game of the season on Saturday IMO. Proper leader

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

In the second half Vik went down in the box near the byline. Looked a stone wall penalty from where I was sat but not seen anything on the highlights or much chat on here about it. Anyone have a view on it? Am making the assumption due to lack of chatter it wasn't as clear cut as it looked from my seat?
Thought the same but not seen it any where. would like to see it again

Balli001

It started outside the box, but he was definitely taken down inside the box. Not really sure what your brother was watching. Dijksteel has been done, he’s off-balance, falling over on to Gyo’s legs and then drags him! The look on his face after told the whole story. I’ve just watched it again to make sure I’m not going mad!
I also watched it again and I disagree with you. It isn't a penalty. If thats given against us you would be livid.

Users who are viewing this thread