Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 1st Oct (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Shame alot of our fans couldn't see what top championship defender he was and is. Was simply brilliant defender for us.
I could see it and so could plenty of others. I think you are giving undue weight to the opinion of one particular poster on here.

Londonccfcfan

Well being as there's a fair amount of disappointment around here tonight over certain players god knows why when we won a game.
I have to suggest after seeing the highlights why Viktor didn't Square the ball for Godden who was 3M to his left and about the same out from directly in front of the goal instead laying it back for Palmer's first chance ?

Yes it's the same usual lot who have already said we are in relegation form and relegation fodder. And predicted 2 or 3 games ago cant see where we are gonna get our points from in the coming games.

Theres one bloke who predicts us to lose every game we play. Strange lot.

Mcbean

I am buzzing - great win for the team even without Hamer and O Hare - it can be done - onwards and upwards - ref went from being anonymous to a twat in a couple of his odd sprints - curious decisions that were seemingly not in our favour in the second half nearly did for use but for a sterling display by the back three ! Roll on Tuesday

Last edited:

PVA

I could see it and so could plenty of others. I think you are giving undue weight to the opinion of one particular poster on here.

Dogshit
Worth 100k
Wouldn't get any interest from any team in this league
Not good enough for this level

IIRC

PVA

I am buzzing - great win for the team even without Hamer and O Hare - it can be done - onwards and upwards - ref went from being anonymous to a twat in a couple of his odd sprints - curious decisions that were seemingly not in our favour in the second half nearly did fur use but fur a sterling display by the back three ! Roll on Tuesday

Yes the back three looking much better now

Really impressed with Doyle for such a young lad. Especially after his horror start in the cup game

fatso

Shame alot of our fans couldn't see what top championship defender he was and is. Was simply brilliant defender for us.
Wtf are you drinking?
He was an average championship defender at best. He came to us in league 2 as a squad player, and fair play to him did well to retain his place through league 1 and the championship, but let's be realistic, he was poor in the air, and his distribution was nothing short of abysmal. He is a miss purely because we havnt replaced him, and we are down to Fads, Rose and a couple of kids.

It always amazes me how good players suddenly become once they've left us.

fatso

I disagree with most of your post, but this bit is absolute rubbish I'm afraid.
Fuck me, there's some beer being downed tonight!!! He was the worst passer in the squad bar none, he literally couldn't pass fucking wind!

Londonccfcfan

Wtf are you drinking?
He was an average championship defender at best. He came to us in league 2 as a squad player, and fair play to him did well to retain his place through league 1 and the championship, but let's be realistic, he was poor in the air, and his distribution was nothing short of abysmal. He is a miss purely because we havnt replaced him, and we are down to Fads, Rose and a couple of kids.

It always amazes me how good players suddenly become once they've left us.

Dear oh dear.

PVA

Fuck me, there's some beer being downed tonight!!! He was the worst passer in the squad bar none, he literally couldn't pass fucking wind!

Yep and I think you've obviously had plenty of it!

Ever heard of these things called statistics? You should check them out, he's not even remotely close to being the worst passer in the squad. In fact he was one of the best passing CBs in the league last season.

fatso

Yep and I think you've obviously had plenty of it!

Ever heard of these things called statistics? You should check them out, he's not even remotely close to being the worst passer in the squad. In fact he was one of the best passing CBs in the league last season.
We've been looking for a ball playing centre half for ages purely because we didn't have one.

I'm not saying he was a bad player, I'm saying he was bang average at this level and his passing was shite.

Incidently I'd say Doyle looked far better today than Hyam did when he was here, and Doyle is a kid still learning the game.

PVA

We've been looking for a ball playing centre half for ages purely because we didn't have one.

I'm not saying he was a bad player, I'm saying he was bang average at this level and his passing was shite.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I'm afraid the stats say you are wrong.

He was literally one of the best passing CBs in the league.

fatso

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I'm afraid the stats say you are wrong.

He was literally one of the best passing CBs in the league.

Stats can say whatever they like, I'm not loosing any sleep over Hyams exit.
As soon as we replace him in January, he will be long forgotten. The 2 kids in our back 3 look way better already.

procdoc

Incidently I'd say Doyle looked far better today than Hyam did when he was here, and Doyle is a kid still learning the game.
Hyam is a very solid defender at this level. Doyle may well turn out to be better but it’s far too early to say.
Statistics don’t lie, Hyam was not a bad passer of the ball at all. If he was so bang average he wouldn’t have been sold for a fee. He’s not a world beater and the championship is most likely his level but your comments about him are pretty clueless to be honest.

mark82

In the second half Vik went down in the box near the byline. Looked a stone wall penalty from where I was sat but not seen anything on the highlights or much chat on here about it. Anyone have a view on it? Am making the assumption due to lack of chatter it wasn't as clear cut as it looked from my seat?

clint van damme

In the second half Vik went down in the box near the byline. Looked a stone wall penalty from where I was sat but not seen anything on the highlights or much chat on here about it. Anyone have a view on it? Am making the assumption due to lack of chatter it wasn't as clear cut as it looked from my seat?

Looked a pen to me and the fansclosest to the incident behind the goal were going mad but I'd like to see it again

Sick Boy

It was a 50/50 tussle - this place would be going on about conspiracy theories if it was given against us.

CCFCSteve

Everything about Gyokeres bleeds premier league quality. Maybe not top but definitely better than some of the dross already there

He’s just a handful. Direct, bullies defenders, bit of pace when he gets in his stride. Maybe needs a bit more composure in key positions but that can come.

Showed some fans who questioned his commitment around transfer deadline he still gives a shit !

Barring any injuries, no doubt he’ll be gone over the next 12 months so enjoy him whist he’s here

ps noteable mentions for Palmer, who looked quality, especially first half and the defence yesterday.

skyblu3sk

Im probably Sheafs biggest fan on here and he was poor today, wordt he’s been for a long while.
Agree, Today he was back to putting the team in dangerous situations. When he's on it he's a good player when he's off it's painful to watch. Also thought Dabo gave it away dangerously a few times.

kg82

Looked to me like Gyo was brought down clumsily just inside the box but we weren’t that close. More annoying was the number of times he went through and the ref blew for a defender falling over
Nailed on pen. Basically grabbed his legs inside the box.
Also, why were they wearing their away kit? In the sun, on iFollow, I was struggling to see the difference.

mmttww

He’s not perfect but implying he’s a liability or as someone said thinking we need two new CBs is hyperbole. This back three hasn’t conceded a goal yet FFS.

We need more CBs because we play three every game and only have Rose as cover. We can't say Bidwell can cover anymore as there's no one to cover LWB. An injury, suspension or loss of form to one of those three and, by your own logic, we'll be back conceding goals again. Need some cover and competition at CB or we're looking at repeats of Dabo and Sheaf back there which is either a nightmare (Dabo) or a waste of a good midfielder.

shmmeee

We need more CBs because we play three every game and only have Rose as cover. We can't say Bidwell can cover anymore as there's no one to cover LWB. An injury, suspension or loss of form to one of those three and, by your own logic, we'll be back conceding goals again. Need some cover and competition at CB or we're looking at repeats of Dabo and Sheaf back there which is either a nightmare (Dabo) or a waste of a good midfielder.

I think we need to replace Hyam and hopefully we will. Sorry if I misread I thought it was “these two are shit and need to go” not “we need cover“ which is true across the squad but especially at CB.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think we need to replace Hyam and hopefully we will. Sorry if I misread I thought it was “these two are shit and need to go” not “we need cover“ which is true across the squad but especially at CB.

We pretty clearly won’t be adding anyone in January and success will be not losing any more. Persuade Joy to hang on until the summer then we can sell everyone worth anything

shmmeee

We pretty clearly won’t be adding anyone in January and success will be not losing any more. Persuade Joy to hang on until the summer then we can sell everyone worth anything

Think the plan may be sell O’Hare and Gyokeres in Jan and do a risky Jan rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread