Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 1st Oct (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Wow,. Are you serious or u looking at doing the same to get reaction.

It’s laughable to portray us as some Christian individuals in fact one of Gyokeres issues is he goes down far to easily and not use his strength. Whispering in the refs ear and sine show we are always the victim is stupid

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

he was given a foul against? Then what did he do?

Well it wasn’t a foul and he’d been fouled moments before. He got booked not really even for dissent just appearing frustrated-as I said bizarre and the referee was poor all round

Grendel

Well it wasn’t a foul and he’d been fouled moments before. He got booked not really even for dissent just appearing frustrated-as I said bizarre and the referee was poor all round

He booted the ball away - yellow card

long way home

Palmer gave the ref no option today, same as hamer did the week before. I don't think many would say for decent its not yellow, but to deny dark arts goes on is strange. I don't want us diving, acting, or asking for yellows. But i expect calling for everything and reminding the ref the opposition will be trying everytime to do it get decisions.

I coached for years and would tell my players if any ball goes out of play react as though its your ball especially if its 50/50. 9 times out of 10 they would react 1st throw it in and ref would not pull it back. He would believe players were sincere, the other team would stand trying to argue and we would be behind them .. Its the dark arts that was u 10s and they never stopped doing it or not getting away with it. Whichever way my players were a wake amd if pulled back slowed it down to help us reset. Therefore gaining advantage no matter the outcome of refs decision

SlowerThanPlatt

I coached for years and would tell my players if any ball goes out of play react as though its your ball especially if its 50/50. 9 times out of 10 they would react 1st throw it in and ref would not pull it back. He would believe players were sincere, the other team would stand trying to argue and we would be behind them .. Its the dark arts that was u 10s and they never stopped doing it or not getting away with it. Whichever way my players were a wake amd if pulled back slowed it down to help us reset. Therefore gaining advantage no matter the outcome of refs decision

Imagine it’s a bit easier to influence a volunteer/lowly qualified referee?

Teams beat us because they have better players or perform better on the day, we don’t lose games because of “dark arts”.

Travs

I remember when I managed a Saturday team and I knew the referee we had loved being told how good he was at his job. He has a reputation for winding players up and actually got assaulted a couple of times. I said to the lads even if you think he’s a prick just say stuff to him like ‘good decision ref’. We won the game and the other team had two sent off for dissent. The dark arts worked that day!

That referee wouldn't have had the initials C.W would he...?!?

Grendel

Give it a fucking rest. We won..you seem so disappointed that we won that all you still want to do is post criticism.

Seriously get a life. Sad sad low life.

You do seem to only join the debate after alcohol consumption

greys4life

"Doing that now,hope we win.😇🍷 "

Got a cheeky bet on? great day great game🏆 today was pretty good as well. Thought Palmer showed some real class

Last edited:

slowpoke

Mcfazdean Marshalls the back 3 still as well as anyone and without him in the middle of Panzo and Doyle we’d have struggled today
Correct, MacFadzean won’t get mom but he was quietly terrific in the middle of the back three, staying central not going on any dodgy runs.

Sky Blue Harry H

@Sky Blue Harry H I looked for you today but you must have had your camouflage gear on

@Hutch11

Hi mate. Father in law (dementia and unwell) had a massive stroke yesterday morning. Doctors said he wouldn't see the day out, but still going despite all but comfort/care being withdrawn. So, I'm pretending I know how to manage my son and dog whilst my wife has been at hospital for 36 hours! Takeaway pizza for tea ! (not for the dog, though) Followed the game on CWR then hesgoal, but took the dog for a walk for the last 15 mins as nerves were shredded!

long way home

Imagine it’s a bit easier to influence a volunteer/lowly qualified referee?

Teams beat us because they have better players or perform better on the day, we don’t lose games because of “dark arts”.

I didnt say u win or lose by doing it, i said its used and we are a bit nieve to it.

As for the ref they can be influenced, not matter what level.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

The referee booked three players i think, Dabo, Palmer and a Middlesbrough player. All of them looked ridiculous especially the Middlesbrough one. And yet how come he didn't book Bidwell for that terrible tackle near the end?

Sky Blue Pete

The referee booked three players i think, Dabo, Palmer and a Middlesbrough player. All of them looked ridiculous especially the Middlesbrough one. And yet how come he didn't book Bidwell for that terrible tackle near the end?
Wilson got booked too

pusbccfc

He wasn't "excellent" sloppy pass nearly cost us 1st half, not sure where you sit, but from the side of the pitch, the amount of times he "got under the ball" and misjudged the flight, was a worry.
Has a tendency to get the wrong side of his man too, which I've commented on previously.
He is very raw. More so than 19 year old Doyle.
He did some ok stuff today, but was nowhere near excellent.

Hyam did a lot of that plenty of times last season but is the greatest centre half we've ever had according to some.

Hutch11

@Hutch11

Hi mate. Father in law (dementia and unwell) had a massive stroke yesterday morning. Doctors said he wouldn't see the day out, but still going despite all but comfort/care being withdrawn. So, I'm pretending I know how to manage my son and dog whilst my wife has been at hospital for 36 hours! Takeaway pizza for tea ! (not for the dog, though) Followed the game on CWR then hesgoal, but took the dog for a walk for the last 15 mins as nerves were shredded!

Sorry to hear about the FiL , dementia is horrendous
It was a dour game really but 3 points is 3 points and much welcome, I hope the result brightened the day for you

wingy

Well being as there's a fair amount of disappointment around here tonight over certain players god knows why when we won a game.
I have to suggest after seeing the highlights why Viktor didn't Square the ball for Godden who was 3M to his left and about the same out from directly in front of the goal instead laying it back for Palmer's first chance ?

Users who are viewing this thread