Match Thread ⚽️ Cardiff City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 15th Oct (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Unless it’s a save your link says, so you can argue he’s trying to save the ball near the goal, not play it to a team mate.

View attachment 26610

Yeah, he's not blocking a shot on goal or similar so can't be classed as a "save".

I've just read what Mark Hudson claims Bobby Madley told him & I'm now even more confused...

Screenshot_20221015-213331.png

If that is genuinely what Madley said (and not Hudson misunderstanding) then that's not the law as shown above.

Londonccfcfan

Meh. But now it looks like you’re denying his piss poor disciplinary record that the team can’t afford to carry.
Hes been immense and enhanced his reputation since since joining us. Fact. He takes us to the next level of performance in the championship.

Millwall ...hamer sending off didnt lose is the game. Pathetic Moore did.

Vs Birmingham Hamer was best player on the pitch until his sending off.

Dudnt cost us anything.

shmmeee

Yeah, he's not blocking a shot on goal or similar so can't be classed as a "save".

I've just read what Mark Hudson claims Bobby Madley told him & I'm now even more confused...

View attachment 26612

If that is genuinely what Madley said (and not Hudson misunderstanding) then that's not the law as shown above.

Like you say it’s subjective but I feel its more a save or a deflection than a controlled action. Its almost instinctive as the ball comes towards the goal.

Tommo1993

Hes been immense and enhanced his reputation since since joining us. Fact. He takes us to the next level of performance in the championship.

Millwall ...hamer sending off didnt lose is the game. Pathetic Moore did.

Vs Birmingham Hamer was best player on the pitch until his sending off.

Dudnt cost us anything.

Despite Moore’s laughable mistakes, rightly costing his place, you could probably argue that his red against Millwall influenced the game pretty heavily due to the gaping hole in our set up.

Hutch11

Despite Moore’s laughable mistakes, rightly costing his place, you could probably argue that his red against Millwall influenced the game pretty heavily due to the gaping hole in our set up.
The team and the fans were already resigned to defeat , Moores clanger knocked us all completely for 6 , before it we were cruising

Sky Blue Harry H

Just back. Walked the dog. F*cking great day (excuse the language) Great pub just outside Monmouth (even if the owner was a Villa fan) Sorry I missed you @Hutch11 . Catch you midweek !

Frostie

Like you say it’s subjective but I feel its more a save or a deflection than a controlled action. Its almost instinctive as the ball comes towards the goal.

Right. We can finally put it to bed once & for all....

Madley is RIGHT, I am WRONG.

Law was updated again recently with an amendment which for some reason doesn't show on FA website. I guess as it's labelled a "clarification".

@mark82 you are right:

"deliberate play" is when a player has control of the ball and has the potential to gain possession, pass to a teammate or clear it by kicking or heading."

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Not so sure, I think MR may bench him for the first half. I like Hamer a lot he can be a great player when he's on it but I wouldn't change a winning side.
My point being he will eventually walk into the team he might not as he has not played 2/3 weeks.

SkyBlueMatt

Just walked through the door. Great day! Another ground checked off and with an unexpected win. 4 points from safety with 3 games in hand. PUSB!!!

Brilliant result, roll on Sheffield United.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

SkyBlueMatt

No chance would I bring Hamer back straight away, he deserves some appearances from the bench.

He's without question in my first 11 in usual circumstances but you can't keep letting the team down by missing games through suspension.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

No chance would I bring Hamer back straight away, he deserves some appearances from the bench.

He's without question in my first 11 in usual circumstances but you can't keep letting the team down by missing games through suspension.

100% he’s quality but needs to sort his head out. Technically one of the best players we have had in a very long time (not hard I know but still). I’d bench him for next 3 games unless he has a worldie of a performance within them

JAM See

Just got back (well not quite just, but have been reading up on the latest news about the actual government after leaving the Philip Larkin and missing my fucking bus).

Anyway, can't be arsed to trawl through this whole thread. so apologies if it's already been mentioned.

Safe Standing.

I found it a bit of a damp squib. Basically, rails on every row.

Thought there would be more to it than that.

Introduce it in blocks 13-16 immediately I say.

SIR ERNIE

Yeah, they're wrong. His mere presence isn't enough, he has to actually challenge for it or make some other action which disrupts Fadz's ability to play it. He didn't, Fadz misjudged it.
Brave but correct call by the lino imo.

As above I can only think Madley thinks Fadz hasn't touched it or that it has just inadvertently deflected off him rather than him deliberately playing it.

Fadz doesn't come into it. The guy was offside when the header came in from the edge of the box.

mds

If Hamer is fit you dont leave him out, our best midfielder against one of the best teams in the league, it would be madness not to start him.
Sheaf, Hamer and Palmer should be the starting three against Sheff U, If Hamer looks reckless or picks up an early yellow then Robins could possibly sub him off, but to leave him out from the start, not for me!

kg82

Just seen the highlights and I think the goal was offside

Not that I care obviously 😎
Our goal? I was wondering this. Gyokeres looks ahead of the play and behind the last defender when Allen shoots. Don’t care, we needed that win!

Balli001

Just don’t get it “I’m going to punish you for making yourself unavailable by making you unavailable”. If he’s the best pick on talent and form that’s all that matters for me. Especially as we’ve got no backup.
On form he hasn't played for 4 games and been sent off twice in those he has

Users who are viewing this thread