Match Thread ⚽️ Cardiff City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 15th Oct (1 Viewer)

Greggs

100% he’s quality but needs to sort his head out. Technically one of the best players we have had in a very long time (not hard I know but still). I’d bench him for next 3 games unless he has a worldie of a performance within them
Lots of similarities between Hamer and Kevin Thornton

Greggs

If Hamer is fit you dont leave him out, our best midfielder against one of the best teams in the league, it would be madness not to start him.
Sheaf, Hamer and Palmer should be the starting three against Sheff U, If Hamer looks reckless or picks up an early yellow then Robins could possibly sub him off, but to leave him out from the start, not for me!
What sort of message does that send?

Legia Sky Blue

I think what Cardiff have been arguing is that header was made by our player and not theirs, and as such their player could have at no point been off side regardless of whether the Fadz touch meant there was a 2nd phase.

Jamesimus

I originally thought the Cardiff goal was ruled out for a potential handball by them in the build-up. Not seen any replays of that bit though.

stupot07

I think what Cardiff have been arguing is that header was made by our player and not theirs, and as such their player could have at no point been off side regardless of whether the Fadz touch meant there was a 2nd phase.
To be fair, he looks onside from the header regardless of who it came off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Just don’t get it “I’m going to punish you for making yourself unavailable by making you unavailable”. If he’s the best pick on talent and form that’s all that matters for me. Especially as we’ve got no backup.

What’s his form been like over the last 4 games?

Jamesimus

Even from this crappy picture, with no lines, two Cardiff players look offside as they're closer to the 6 yard box than I think Rose is. Presuming that image is from the moment it leaves the Cardiff players head and not just before.

shmmeee

Even though he’s played 0 minutes?

What even is your point here? Players who get sent off should never play for the club again?

What point are you trying to make to who here? He’ll have been fined and been ripped in the press and probably in the dressing room as well. But you also want to drop him to, teach him a lessons because you’re still upset?

Really don’t get it.

Brighton Sky Blue

What even is your point here? Players who get sent off should never play for the club again?

What point are you trying to make to who here? He’ll have been fined and been ripped in the press and probably in the dressing room as well. But you also want to drop him to, teach him a lessons because you’re still upset?

Really don’t get it.

You said form. Over the last 4 games he hasn’t got any form because he hasn’t played.

Grendel

Really don’t get it.

I think people are just fed up with his ill discipline - the club has pretty much set us up for a challenging January - if we have to sell someone he’s the player that will be least missed.

Tommo1993

I think people are just fed up with his ill discipline - the club has pretty much set us up for a challenging January - if we have to sell someone he’s the player that will be least missed.

“You know nothing about football if that’s your opinion” is what I got told.

Old Warwickshire lad

That's the debate.
You said he didn't mean to play it backwards but as mentioned that's not important. Neither is whether he makes proper contact, miscontrols it or whatever he simply has to make a deliberate play for the ball & there's plenty of examples of similar goals that have stood.

It's a very bold decision from Madley, I'm not sure what he thinks Fadz is doing if not trying to play the ball? It's gone in our favour today but I'd be very disappointed if the shoe was on the other foot & Robins agrees:
"We had a bit of luck with the goal that was disallowed. We got away with that."
You win some,you lose some. You hope it evens out over the season.
Thats from a bloke who thinks all referees are against us.

pusbccfc

Just got back (well not quite just, but have been reading up on the latest news about the actual government after leaving the Philip Larkin and missing my fucking bus).

Anyway, can't be arsed to trawl through this whole thread. so apologies if it's already been mentioned.

Safe Standing.

I found it a bit of a damp squib. Basically, rails on every row.

Thought there would be more to it than that.

Introduce it in blocks 13-16 immediately I say.

It's brilliant. You can stand without the fear of falling over the row in front.

With how steep the Ricoh is, it should be a necessity.

The problem is, although it is just a metal railing, it still costs hundreds of thousands.

Old Warwickshire lad

If Hamer is fit you dont leave him out, our best midfielder against one of the best teams in the league, it would be madness not to start him.
Sheaf, Hamer and Palmer should be the starting three against Sheff U, If Hamer looks reckless or picks up an early yellow then Robins could possibly sub him off, but to leave him out from the start, not for me!
And that’s it in a nutshell with Hamer. You start him,then make the decision about subbing him, depending on what you see on the pitch.
Robins and Vivash are cute enough to see what’s going on.

Balli001

Hes still training. Just cos we haven’t seen him doesn’t mean Robins hasn’t 😂
So you consider form to be training? He has played twice in the under 21s and done sod all since he last played in the first team. Jesus i know you like to clutch at straws but this is a new low even for you

Balli001

And that’s it in a nutshell with Hamer. You start him,then make the decision about subbing him, depending on what you see on the pitch.
Robins and Vivash are cute enough to see what’s going on.
What like the Millwall game you mean? He is indisciplined and definitely shouldnt play against the best known wind up merchants in the league

shmmeee

So you consider form to be training? He has played twice in the under 21s and done sod all since he last played in the first team. Jesus i know you like to clutch at straws but this is a new low even for you

I consider form to be form, a player can play well in a game and go off the boil in training and visa versa, if Robins would pick him all else equal then he should play him because we’re fucking bottom of the league and not in a position league wise or squad wise to drop one of our better players in a hissy fit.

So low.

covcity4life

I’m a big Hamer fan but unless Robins needs fresh legs then he should be on the bench Wednesday. Palmers got a better shout, probably with Allen rested.
Ya I have no issue with him not starting next game. Because we won and okayed alright with Eccles and sheaf.

Had we lost tho I wudnt keep him out on purpose tho.

mark82

That's the debate.
You said he didn't mean to play it backwards but as mentioned that's not important. Neither is whether he makes proper contact, miscontrols it or whatever he simply has to make a deliberate play for the ball & there's plenty of examples of similar goals that have stood.

It's a very bold decision from Madley, I'm not sure what he thinks Fadz is doing if not trying to play the ball? It's gone in our favour today but I'd be very disappointed if the shoe was on the other foot & Robins agrees:
"We had a bit of luck with the goal that was disallowed. We got away with that."

Watched it on the highlights last night. Didn't look like he was offside when the ball was played forward, so we got away with one.

mark82

Right. We can finally put it to bed once & for all....

Madley is RIGHT, I am WRONG.

Law was updated again recently with an amendment which for some reason doesn't show on FA website. I guess as it's labelled a "clarification".

@mark82 you are right:

"deliberate play" is when a player has control of the ball and has the potential to gain possession, pass to a teammate or clear it by kicking or heading."

Yeah, it's always been a bit open to interpretation. That said not 100% sure he was actually offside when the ball was headed forward.

Frostie

Watched it on the highlights last night. Didn't look like he was offside when the ball was played forward, so we got away with one.

Yeah, that's another argument. Both that & our goal look very, very close & could have gone the other way.

One thing I would say though is the angles of TV cameras & perspective can dramatically alter the true position. The only person who can tell for sure is the assistant (assuming he's up with play!).

mark82

I'm not so convinced now I've seen that. Horrible angle to judge (and linesman in a much better place). It's tight but could be just off.

Users who are viewing this thread