Match Thread ⚽️ Bristol City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 4th Oct (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Long to Vik to do it all on his own while Godden lumbers around. Must be the slowest striker we've had.

Bring on Walker or Waghorn, both more mobile.

Skyblue_CP

Why have we turned to hoofball, every player is getting the ball and shitting themselves and just hoofing it to Vik hoping he does something.

Nick

Administrator
Come on now Robins they're playing a fairly high line yet we've got Godden up front, surely Walker deserved a run

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yeah when we pressed at the start they didn't like it.

Their defender went off injured too and they have a midfielder there

steve101

Lack of ideas as the half went on. Think we need an extra player in midfield with Gyokeres on his own up top. Palmer has shown lots of confidence on the ball but so often over playing and on doing giving possession away.

lifeskyblue

Wilson’s distribution v v poor.
Palmer started well but faded. Bristol look decent…dominating midfield. Doyle slow at times and Panzo not decisive with ball. Vik has to look up and bring others into game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc922

Again, our passing/decision making is lacking from certain players. The ball seems to be falling kindly for Bristol City, but then we win it back and give it straight back to them.

Also, fucking stay onside Godden!!!

larry_david

Again, a passing/decision making is lacking from certain players. The ball seems to be falling kindly for Bristol City, but then we win it back and give it straight back to them.

Also, fucking stay onside Godden!!!
Does he go early because he knows he doesn't have any pace? If we had anyone quick up front we'd be all over these with this high line

JulianDarbyFTW

I don't quite understand some of the Godden bashing. Watch him off the ball every now and again. He's always making little movements to try and make space and keeps occupying their back line. He just needs a few more passes when he's made the movements, which lies with his team-mates more than him.

I'd also say that Walker probably isn't the answer given his performances since he joined, but I'd be more than happy if he came on and made me eat my words.

Paxman II

Doyle struggling as I had predicted. No pace, been beaten too easily. You seriously think Rose would be worse?
Overall we are doing OK but need to step it up a bit. bristol look like a team that would fall apart if they concede. Allen does his usual - great for 30 minutes. Sheaf having a better game tonight. Bidwell and dabo need to work the flanks more. We are still getting away with it at the back and need to be better. It could go either way this game. If we don't do anything silly we can win it.

ccfc922

Does he go early because he knows he doesn't have any pace? If we had anyone quick up front we'd be all over these with this high line

Who knows. IN fairness 9/10 times, Gyokeres holds onto the ball for ages so idk, think their communication is poor.

ccfc922

I don't quite understand some of the Godden bashing. Watch him off the ball every now and again. He's always making little movements to try and make space and keeps occupying their back line. He just needs a few more passes when he's made the movements, which lies with his team-mates more than him.

I'd also say that Walker probably isn't the answer given his performances since he joined, but I'd be more than happy if he came on and made me eat my words.

More pissed off at the constant Godden offsides tbh.

Grendel

Dabo Allen and Godden all having League One games.

Allen started ok and at least can keep running against a midfield that’s knocking the ball with little purpose but a lot of ease

David O'Day

Doyle struggling as I had predicted. No pace, been beaten too easily. You seriously think Rose would be worse?
Overall we are doing OK but need to step it up a bit. bristol look like a team that would fall apart if they concede. Allen does his usual - great for 30 minutes. Sheaf having a better game tonight. Bidwell and dabo need to work the flanks more. We are still getting away with it at the back and need to be better. It could go either way this game. If we don't do anything silly we can win it.
Do you even watch the games you comment on?

JulianDarbyFTW

Funny how we all see thing so differently. I think Doyle's been better than Panzo and spends as much time covering Dabo as holding his own position.

mark82

Thought Doyle was playing well personally.

SBAndy

Is he? Not seeing that at all.

Hertsccfc

Doyle's been one of our best players so far. Not sure what match you are watching.

Users who are viewing this thread